Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western Md. Street Rod Round-Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bob giles, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Thanks Ran.....but if you are going to give me a "plug" get the name right....Moonlight Movies !!!!
    Don't let me forget the Straub !!! Remind me thursday !!! Weather looks great, hope it stays that way, see you bright and early Saturday morning

2. Clark

Clark

painted a fridge for the sunday auction. gonna have to come up with something really cool for the 40th.

I like the event so much I'm heading out in the morning to spend the whole week there.
    Clark

3. Thanks for the info Bob.. I'll hit the tunnels and go down old Saw Mill Run.......

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just be careful when hit Maryland PA border....maryland state police have very little latitude on infractions....But I will guarantee you will enjoy the event. Those who attend return every year...great group of people, proceeds go to charity, lot of HAMB members attend, and a good mix of pre 72 cars, lots of things to do, even for the kids and women, few but great array of vendors and probably the most scenic fairgrounds you will ever attend a show. I vend at a mix of drag events, car shows and swap meets totaling 25+ per year....this is one of my top 3, not in sales, but in enjoyment

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Couldn't have said it better myself. As for the cops, just be sensible. As loud as my car is and covered in flames, I've had no problems....

Like you said, plenty of activities on the track and bleachers to catch all the action. Great indoor eating area. And the weather is supposed to be perfect!

6. Can't wait... unfortunately I will only be able to come down Saturday now. i will be in my T-Bucket that is my avatar, so make sure you say hello.

7. I'm only going Saturday too.. Maybe I'll see you on the way...

I'll be at the Wexford Starlight all day Friday for the grand finale...

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Rt 68 is nice but ride the National Road (rt 40) all the way into LaValle. really scenic and you'll be driving on Americas first public highway

9. cool... if you see me sittin along side of the road, send help! haha

10. 1low52

1low52

We will be 'in a van down by the river'.:D
    Look for the Knuckledraggers HAMB banner around the corral and stop by. Tim

11. 46mopar

46mopar

Hope to stop by. I'm stuck in North Carolina right now

12. No, he didnt... whats up?

13. 48stude

48stude

I was hoping to have my Chevy truck finished for this weekend,But that ain't gonna happen. So yesterday I went down and got my Stude out of storage to get it ready to go.
    So when do you think was the last time I had it out? Bill

Attached Files:

14. 46mopar

46mopar

Well looks like I won't be making it this year.

15. coupedevil

coupedevil

See ya there. Leaving work at 0730 and hammer down should be there 10-1030ish. Hoping someone saves me a cold one!

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Look for the HAMB banners,there should be at least three of them!

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

No problem coupedevil...Stop in the Moonlight Movies vendor booth on Saturday along vendors row and Ranunculous and or I will set aside a Straub or a coors light.. just for you...pull up a chair, I'll put a DVD in the 'chine...and you can have a brew eat some popcorn and watch a car flick of your choice.

18. bob giles

bob giles

Just got home from Cumberland. Had such a good time I'm going back tomorrow.

19. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Just got back from the 39th annual bash at the Rock and the Western Maryland Round up. Except for the surprise stinko hot weather, it was one of the best yet!

Thanks Carlos (lol) for all your hard work with the rest of the crew!

Thanks toBig Bob for more good deals on carsy DVD's !

I've already heard things are in the works for a WILD 40th bash next year. CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  20. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

stinko hot weather is right! Still had a ball as usual though!

21. jmh

jmh

Looking forward to next year!! Hope it is a lot cooler (temp wise).. John

22. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

we had a great time as usual. Ranuculus was avoiding me as he knew i was lookin for beer. luckily i had brought some along.

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Haa haa,the beer flowed like water! I wasn't allowed to hang my HAMB banner at the beer truck (stupid distributor) but got to see a bunch of you fellas!
    bigbob55,Sir Woosh,Rob with the luscious deuce coupe that I will get to drive someday,Rob and Sandy and Vinnie from the Street Lordz CC,Twink,Clark and Johnnie Longhair and the rest of you that I can't remember?
    Thanks for the great times!

After a quick confab this morning,the one day registration has been discussed and will be hashed out and voted on this Thursday night for you fellas that want to come to the show for one day.This was a sticking point for lots of guys and the problem hopefully will be solved.
    Our participants are what make this show the fun and success that is.
    We started planning the 40th this morning-40 years of RoundUps.

Thank you all for a great time! We did a good thing for the newly-named "A Children's Place" formerly the League For Crippled Children located in Allegany County(Cumberland)MD.

24. 48stude

48stude

I already pre registered for next year ( #3 )and I registered my Chevy truck , surely it will be done by then. I looked for ya Carl ,but I must have been ziggin' when you were a zaggin'. Maybe I'll see ya next Saturday. Bill

25. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Any pics from the Round-Up...we didn't spend too much time at the show...too dang hot for this old fellow...

26. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Great time as usual, God willing be back next year...hopefully see some of you at Steeltown Shakedown on Saturday as long as it quits raining by then. I'll bring you a beer Mr Chevrolet....we can down a few before Ranunculus gets there..after that is canfield swap for me then carlisle

27. Jibs

Jibs

bje31, heres a couple pictures, Ill have the rest up on our fotki site tomorrow, I hope.

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      112.6 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      90.8 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      114.6 KB
      Views:
    • 026.JPG
      026.JPG
      File size:
      113.5 KB
      Views:
    • 054.JPG
      054.JPG
      File size:
      112.5 KB
      Views:
    • 056.JPG
      056.JPG
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
    • 085.JPG
      085.JPG
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
  28. went down for a few hours on saturday and took a quick look around. always a good show and was pleasantly surprised with the lack of the late 60's-early 70's muscle cars. it was shocking at how hot it was though after 1pm... had to be one of the hottest/humid days of the year.

29. ranunculous... good to hear about the 1 day registration. think you will get alot more cars in the show if this gets resolved

30. Clik

Clik

We pulled in on Saturday, but after spending a week cutting our way out of the aftermath of the hurricane and after a week with no electricity, we were too exhausted to deal with the heat and humidity. Hopefully next year we'll be better prepared.

Anyone post any videos on Youtube?