Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought another long roof! 1966 Bonneville Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam M., Aug 15, 2011.

1. big_jae

big_jae

awesome find. im one of the few that get a hard on for wagons...i love em, then if thier layed out, pshhh cant be touched. keep your mercs, get me a wagon that lays frame and im good!

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Over the years I've had all kinds of cars and trucks but I'm having the most fun with the 62 Chevy wagon thats my Avatar. Very late model 350/350 combo, power brakes, power steering and ice cold A/C. A big, roomy and comfortable highway cruiser. Wagons are way cool.

3. 41 C28

41 C28

Cool .

You could start your own bus line.

4. Actually I didn't come to the main board to pimp my ad, I just thought I'd show the car I brought home. Not everyone looks in the Classifieds because most guys here already have cars and don't need anymore.

So I didn't try that trick for the millionth something time, So I guess I didn't really fail at that.

I just figured some guys on here liked wagons, and judging by the responses some do.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I was just excited about hauling home another car.

For the guys that do like wagons, I took my Galaixe to a swap meet and used it like it should be used...like a truck with a cap!

A week before that, I had 4 Model A fenders and a cowl in there!

Attached Files:

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I love wagons as much as the next guy. But ya buy it, get it home, then show pics on the main board sayin it's for sale I'n the classifieds? I'm suprised ur threads still here. Just sounds fishy to me is all.

6. Again can somebody explain to me how a 1966 model year is on topic and why this thread is still alive, maybe I'll have to start a thread on my 66' Belair wagon.

7. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

I would like to see pictures of your Belair wagon. Maybe it is two years too new to be acceptable here, but its still a 45 year old car and I love seeing all these old cars.

8. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

I like that 64 Squire. I had a 64 Country Sedan for several years. If it had been a Squire with the woodlike trim, I would have never parted with it. It was a rust free Arizona car, so I probably should have kept it anyway, but sold it years ago to acquire a different project.

9. most of the brady's cars were mopars except for gregs one afternoon project 56 bel air

that poncho loks clean id love to have a 64 ford wagon though

10. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

The show that used early to mid 60's Pontiac wagons was "My Three Sons"

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

I appreciate seeing the 66 Poncho wagon. Just watch out, the O/T Police are watching. Too bad they have nothing else to complain about, like losing a house to Hurricane Irene like many others did.

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I don't care if it's a 66! Not up to me whether a thread stays or goes. Just sounded like a sales pitch. I know a lil about losing due to weather so I hope ur not talking to me!

13. I know I squeezed it in, but I know if I posted it with a single axle trailer and a Hemi rail in tow, people would forget its a 66!

I'm with Jim on this one! I've seen a '65 with Cragars and white walls posted many times on here.

I'm glad its still going, people seem to be enjoying the pictures and it seems to draw up some memories too.

I was looking at the pictures of your place the other night Breeder, and I can't imagine what your going through. You seem to be in good spirits which I'm sure would really help not just you, but your family and friends. I wish you luck with the situation.

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I'm not trying to pick a fight here man. I just got rubbed funny about ur original post. I had a 65 fury more door on here a few yrs back looking for advice on how to defugly it as my family daily. That's not the issue. Maybe I'm reading to much into ur post. Who knows. I'm out of cramp pills! ;) FYI, a wagon is one of my dreams cars, so it's not the car that bothers me. Thx for the well wishes btw.

15. riley58

riley58

man those are very cool !!

16. Glad you would like to see it, point being that this isn't the forum to do that on. There's plenty of other forums for that, this is for traditional rods and customs. Now that can't be so hard to follow can it?

17. [​IMG]
    Nope not the OT police otherwise i would have reported this thread. By the way i also have a 1962 Belair wagon, so yeah i dig em. I just find ways to sneak views of the 66' in progress project in on an on topic thread......

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks cool ! I love wagons!

19. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Very, very, nice but that Ford wagon is delicious!

20. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Nice find.
    And once again i'm reminded why i rarely visit this site anymore.

21. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

Adam, glad you are keeping the Squire. Your tailgate seal looks as bad as mine!