Register now to get rid of these ads!

cad-lasalle trans retainer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I'm building a 33 Ford coupe, channeled body, cycle fenders - just like they did back in the day. The engine is a 53 Cad 331, using a stock bellhousing and a Cad-Lasalle trans. The trans has been modified to fit a 40 Ford torque tube rearend. The trans is missing the front bearing retainer, a piece that does not bolt to the trans but is held in place by the bellhousing.

Anybody got any ideas on what might work? Even a retainer that is close enough to the original that it could be machined to fit. I got to think that finding a stock one would be near to impossible.

Any ideas would be appreciated. And yes, I have done a search....

2. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

The guy that sells the kingshifter was making them for a while (he's a hamber).I think his name is tom and he may actually go by Kingshifter here on the hamb. I think he does a limited run from time to time.He is a great guy to talk with and very knowledgable about the cad/lasalle trannies.Bob

3. tysond

tysond

I tried to contact him by Private message. I don't think he comes on here very often. It's probably best to call him.

4. Three cheers for the HAMB> comes through again.

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks for all the help guys!

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor