Register now to get rid of these ads!

VA Budget cuts/ Ouch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Last year I had a "wheelchair fund" parts sale here.I ended up getting one from the Veterans Administration..Boy these budget cuts are brutal:eek:

Attached Files:

2. At least yours has a place to sit. mine was supposed to have a bycicle seat and all it had was the post. :(

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

And how does this relate to "Traditional Hot Rods and Customs"?

4. Are you saying that people who like "tradional Hot Rods" can't enjoy a joke or have no sense of humor? There is a 20 page post on the "funniest things on the Hamb" here--Someone musta thought that it was ok to post a joke or two...

5. Crankhole

Crankhole

It does have "big 'n littles".

6. Zeke

Zeke

The wheels are all wrong and it needs a hood.

7. Not trying to be a jerk but why didn't you post it there?:confused: HRP

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had to save that one OldFart these kids don't have any sense of humor it seems. You were probably like me and didn't know that there was a special humor thread.

9. RichG

RichG

At least they gave you wheels dude, I asked for a walker and was told to go cut a stick...

10. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Just remember guys the VA is our friend. Agent Orange ....what Agent Orange???

11. username

username

Damn, the guy just wanted to post a pic he thought was funny.

Whats a bigger waste of time, this thread or replying to hundreds of threads with ....try doing a search....?

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

As a vet I worked in the VA office in college, only veterans were hired part time. The crap we saw the VA pull on our vets was disgusting. That said, I like the wheelchair, looks like it was chopped a little.

13. yea the first time I heard they were going to dump agent orange on our little part of paradise I thought it was some new kind of acid. :eek:

I thought the chair was kind of funny anyway. It is at least as traditional as laying frame and air bags. :rolleyes:

Actually more traditional the older I get.

14. Were you a Hall Monitor as a youngster?:p

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ALL YOU FUCKBAGS COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS THREAD JUST REMEMBER WHAT THESE PEOPLE WHO NEED THE VA DID FOR YOU.
    THEY CAN POST ANYTHING ANYTIME AND I WILL FIGHT FOR THEM.​

Doc.

PS, Thats the delux chair, it has a cushion!

16. username

username

Delux Chair (with traditional Tuck n Rolled cushion)

Attached Files:

17. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

They just decided to take the free coffee n doughnuts away at the OK VMAC because the employees felt it wasn't fair that they weren't allowed to partake...awesome.

Love the chair. Very hot rod look to it. Open wheel..bet those are bias ply too...needs wide whites tho

Thanks for your service!

18. ironpile

ironpile

Humor is welcome anywhere. A little red in the neck area are ya?

19. ironpile

ironpile

Great reply Doc!!!!!

20. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

RIGHT ON DOC!

Cool chair, definetly needs the tuck and roll added!

21. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hmmmm....Ya know, if every post on this General Discussion was limited to 100% traditional talk and ONLY dealt with prior 1964 cars, then Ryan would have enough band width left over to show Gone with the Wind, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You got it right Doc, Thanks.

HellRaiser

22. Zman ain't but my long hair don't cover up my redneck. Tha's not a problem is it?

Doc,
    You earned as much thanks probably more than I. I don't know that anyone ever really wants to acknowledge that for either of us.

Thanks my friend.

Now as for OT, I could really use a laugh today, it beats the normal drama any day.

23. Damn right, these guys gave it all for us to be able to be alive and free to build our Hotrods and traditional customs.

If you dont like it then dont read it or post.
    if you dont like that then leave the forum!!!!!!

24. You're going to have to do better than that to get Z-man to leave. Trust me I know.

While I appreciate that many of you would like to thank all who served for a lot of us it is really too little too late. Not your fault so don't take it that way.

never the less part of what many sacrificed for is also the right to an opinion that any of you enjoy. I am not defending Z-Man here he is a grown man a perfectly capable of defending himself, but one should be aware that what was sacrificed for is every freedom that we enjoy, take all of it or none of it.

Not to get the last word here but maybe we can avoid the drama and get back to the humor.

25. RichG

RichG

I haven't heard it put any better than this.

26. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Well put Doc. Not everybody has been fortunate enough to earn the right to use the VA hospital nor unfortunate enough to have to use them. This countries sons and daughters gave the government a blank check, their life payable upon demand. The VA is one service that should never ever have budget cuts.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well said. Im just in a bad mood, that and it never takes much for me to get worked up at what I percieve as the slightest insult on a Veteran.:eek:

Sooooo........................... Its 04:45am, my street corner is calling me, I have a full bottle of port, found a new blanket with fresh fleas and stole me a International Red Cross coin can to wave at passerbys..........
    WooHooo! I m gonna eat tonight!:eek:

Oh, and me? I never did a thing!.................'cept look out for m'self!

Doc.

28. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I like the humor- need a post like this today. And there is nothing more traditional than a good laugh. To many of the young people of today have lost that.
    As for the vets thanks for serving.
    As for the wheel chair if you could have found an old shell back steel chair it definatly would have been traditional. But the VA wold not have spent the time or money for something that well made ???????????????