Register now to get rid of these ads!

$1,000 winner or 2 $500 winners? Speak up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Aug 18, 2011.

?

$1,000 winner or 2 $500 winners?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2011.
  1. 1 winner takes all $1,000

107 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. 2 winners take $500 each

154 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

C'mon guys. Not much time left.

2. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Looks like 2 for 500

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

It depends if i win or get second......

4. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Nice!

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

2 $500 bucks is good idea,but when you are going to start it?

6. oj

oj

500/500 from tech in the past and the quality of the entries i'd be happy as shit if i won a dollar. I was just joking the last time about not standing a chance in hell if guys like scootermcrad or elpolacko entered, neither of them did and i would really like to see what either of those two have mucking about in thier heads and really hope to see them involved.
    Again, thanks Shane - tech week is a happening i really look forward to. oj

7. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Metal tools are spensive....

Winner takes all to get the next tool to bring their game up and get em to the next level/capability....I know outta all that stuff I want....there aint much thats 5 bills....and being broke as a joke right now....I wouldnt be able to supplement right now....

8. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

like this?

[​IMG]

9. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Holy cow! :eek:

10. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

i vote $1000

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

What's this mamby pamby stuff about 2 winners?

This is the HAMB, where men are men and sheep are seat covers.

There can be only ONE king.:mad:

There can be only one true master of the ALL HOLY TECH WEEK!:mad:

Why dilute the integrity of the competition?
    There should only be one true and proud survivor. One true and proud victor. One true and proud tech week winner! :mad::mad::mad::p:mad:

Poo stinky poo on this concept of the dual winner. Let there be a true proud and noble KING of The TECH!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hear the drums of tech battle, their faces greased as if with Woad. Long and crazy eyed berzerkers of the tech. Let them battle until there is only one true LORD of IT!::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

and then do it again next year.:p:D

12. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

why have a tie? $500/$300 & $200 for 1st, 2nd &3rd.

13. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I voted for a single winner $1k winner........and then you should have a mega-millions sweepstakes for all us idiots that can't come up with a decent tech!

14. X2

Super cool for Baileigh to step up again for tech week but kind of lame having two winners. Don't think there is going to be too many things a winner is going to get to choose from for $500. Tools ain't cheap especially good ones like in the Baileigh line up.

It's like playing sports and not keeping score so no one gets their feeling hurt.

15. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

If you made it $20 to win, there could be 50 winners then know one will feel left out, if there are only 50 entries.

All or nothing, this isn't public school! LOL

16. I say winner takes it all ! $1000.00

17. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

You have some good points. I was trying to spread the wealth a little thats all. But maybe it does dilute it a little.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

18. oj

oj

Nope, no dilute. Somebody that can use a file, hacksaw, and a grinder to create a universal bracket that everybody wants and another uses a mill, lathe and shaper to create something that everybody agrees it is the most beautiful device they've ever seen - who'd get your prize, the practical guy with limited resources or the master machinest? How about the metal shaper that with primitive hammers, shot bag and stump that makes a radiator surround for a model 'A' that is perfect in every respect but nobody wants it - how do you rate him?
    I could not be a judge, but i do know there isn't just one winner.

19. So where do you draw the line 2 winners? 10 winners?

The biggest problem I see is Baileighs is not Harbour Freight they sell high quality metalworking tools and I am guessing you are not going to buy much if anything with $500 so why dilute the $1000 that could buy one guy something to $500 for 2 guys who might not be able to get anything with it. Doesn't make sense just for the sake that there might be two good techs.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  20. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

Winner take all! Lets not contribute to the pussification of today's society!

21. oj

oj

What do you mean 'might be two good techs' there'll be more than a dozen i'd wager - and since when is $500 chickenfeed? Every guy i know could use $500 straight up and that'd go a long ways twards 2 guys buying strecher/shrinkers or planishing hammers. The prospect of winning $500 may not get your nipples hard but i am working on my project as we speak. And - not a snowballs chance in hell - i were selected as a winner i would be most humble to share.

22. Where did I say there "might be two good techs" or that $500 is chicken feed? You might want to read what I wrote a little closer.

I know there will be a ton of good entries but the point is that for alot of people they may not have more money to put towards a tool $500 does not get you alot at Baileighs. So say I win $500 and the cheapest tool Baileighs sell is about $1000 (the hand operated bead roller is probably less but I would guess that is about it) but I have no money then $500 of Baileighs bucks does me no good at least if I won the $1000 I know I could get the shrinker stretcher, the power bead roller, tube notcher etc (the tools Baileighs has offered in the past).

What I am saying is if there is very little to buy for $500 giving away 2 prizes for that amount makes less sense than one person winning $1000 and having more options as to what they can buy with it.

23. metalix_421

metalix_421

two take cash but i think $700 $300 or $650 $350 that way there is still a #1 and a first looser

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A poll :D A pole is what she dances on :)

25. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Actually every single one of the techs are all excellent. Every single tech is always informative and we all get a great amount of knowledge from tech week. I love it that Baileigh does the tech week, it is one of the best times to be on here.

In all truth, I vote on the tech stuff that looks more like it came from a regular guy. It's really only fair to take that into consideration.

Maybe if the top ten got a cool shirt or a top ten thingy to be proud of. Maybe a Baileigh top ten tech shirt or something to recognize that.

SuperBowl. If we had 2 winners.
    Drag racing. Winner take all.
    Boxing. 2 winners is a draw, let them fight again.

Seems that you would be removing the feeling of pride that total conquest and victory gives to a person who has bested any and all others.

Not that you should not seek t reward a second place but there should always be a numero uno. That is how we are programmed as a society.

Greedy primal proud people who can control themselves and function best in society always have the best stuff.

26. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Francisco.........you make a good point. This is the Super Bowl of Hot Rod Tech. You have changed my mind 100%. :cool: You should be a lawyer

27. HotRod33

HotRod33

So when does TECH week start........?

28. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Voted for 1000 2nd place sucks

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Stay tuned :D

30. tatstommy

tatstommy

JeffreyJames said it best in post #5.

I vote 1 winner, can't wait to see this tech week!