Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Wisconsin show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Aug 15, 2011.

1. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Just remember, KKOA is not a car club, they are a business. They have salaried and paid people to put on shows like the NSRA and Goodguys. The WSRA is just a car club with 70 or so members who are getting along in years. And only a fraction of those do any real leg work in regards to the Corn Roast. In any club, when change is in the wind, you will have those members who will resist and gripe and just in general be asshats in regard to what the club might do. @noclubjoe, any ideas as how to make it less lame? I know we have some serious work to do to make it better.

2. I agree. I think we did more advertising for the north show than the KKOA did. We have been telling people about it all summer. They let a LOT of people down.

3. wisdonm

wisdonm

Sorry to hear that KKoa is canceled. I really think people should just show up for an impromptu get together.

I live in Brookfield and Milwaukee and Waukesha have gotten pricy. I hear that the Washington County Fair Grounds is still reasonable. Close to West Bend, 30 miles from Milw.

Hope to make the Cheaters event on the 27th, but we're racing at the Milwaukee Mile and have to see how soon we can get done.

4. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

i have been a going to the show every year since i was about 4 years old, that puts us at 1988...never missed a year, and still love going i AWAYS have fun no matter what. As far as the lame comment i didnt mean to ruffle feathers. things i think would make the show better?.... early cut off for the years.... i know ALOT of guys that dont want to go to a show with anything newer then about 72-74..... Bring back the games,flame throwing contest,rap off contest, different music, maybe some good bands even during the day, more hot rod parts vendors. the sunday fle market is ok but how about a car parts swap meet to go along with it? i understand all this costs money but its just my input on the corn roast. As long as WSRA is doing the show i WILL come to it no matter what. it always has and will be one of my favorite out of town events to go to. again i am sorry if my comment was out of line. thanks Joe......

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to here this. Me and my dad have ben members for a long time. It`s not to often the wife(DeVonna) of the man in charge of KKOA comes up to you and says Hi and even remembers us going to all the shows throughout the years. That made a BIG impression on my dad. Was thinking about going but was a further drive than Salina was and didn`t know how big of a turnout they would have. I applaud John T-Ski (Da Dodge Brother)for trying to get this show going. KKOA has our support whatever they do AND ALWAYS WILL.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with ya, and John don't feel like you have failed, it takes time and this is worth
    the cause. If you need help just let me know, the Kats will do what we can to help ya...

I'm a lifer and have been a fan since the show in Wichita (1981) . I've seen the ups and
    down of Kustom Kemps of America. I don't agree with everything that they do but Renee
    doesn't agree with everything that I do.

One of my regrets, I drifted away from KKOA during the 90's when they were the event to
    go to. Since the success of Salina, I've heard that the numbers are close to what it use to
    be. I kick myself for not attending those shows, Can you imagine attending shows like Salina
    three or four other events through out the year, that would be soo kool. We need to take
    a breath and look at the big picture. Lets support KKOA decision and do what we can to
    develop the show in Wisconsin.

I owe the Titus greatly because if it wasn't for them I would not have had the friends that
    I have today. I'm, thankful and I have been blessed. I'm excited to see the passion for the
    show on the HAMB and I cannot wait to see the turn out for next year show.

Kustom Kemps of America is the only "national organization" for the real Kustom person
    and that is why I became a "Lifer" I want to support the cause. If you are into kustoms
    you will want to be at their events.

Next year we will be in Wisconsin... Man I can't wait.

Happy Trails, Mick

7. Snarl

Snarl

The Alliant Energy Center in Madison has the space and the peripheral interesting stuff to go with it. Not sure about costs, though...

8. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Thanks for your comments, Noclubjoe. As for the flea market, that event is separate from the Corn Roast. It just happens to fall on the same weekend. There will be a band during the day I think on Saturday called Red Fish. It's two guys and that is all I know. I have no idea what the music is that they do. The DJ will be different this year and he's gonna try and mix the music up a bit...that is if the stuck in the fifties crowd doesn't lynch him. So expect to hear more 60s, 70s, and 80s with some rockabilly thrown in. I've been pushing for a change in the music, at least on Friday night. i'd like to see someone like Pearl Mahone or Voodoo Larry up on stage. But change is coming hard. As for flame throwing, I liked that as well, but it's the decision of the fair board that put a stop to that. Plus insurance is getting costly for things like that. I'd like to see valve cover races back and the teeter totter. Insurance put a stop to the teeter totter. We have asked for people to come and do swap meet type stuff and no one comes except for the same couple of people along the edge of the parking lot. I will be bringing these points up at next meeting. I know that a lot of attendees have been doing this for ever. It's like a tradition. I can't imagine doing anything else on that weekend. I've been going for years. Started drawing cars there before I was ever a member since the 80s. I even drew the design for the 30th Corn Roast shirts.

a sad note....One of our members died in a single car roll over accident August 19th coming back from the photo shoot at the A&W in FDL. The 34 Plymouth they were in hit a soft shoulder and the person driving over corrected and rolled the car. The passenger was killed.

9. I Dont think you fully understand !! The show Idea was a great one, and I love the KKOA for things they have done ...but the effort that was put forth to get this show off the ground was lame at best.....the "we are the KKOA and shoudn't have to advertise, we have hundreds of members in the upper midwest" is what pisses me off about the whole thing and is the biggest reason I am a bit disapointed in the KKOA....any first time show has to be pimped and pimped hard..I cant even begin to tell you how many people I personaly told about the show that hadn't herd anything about it and this is to people that live with in 30 miiin of the show grounds ! Please Dont think I blame John his hands were tied by the powers that be in the KKOA....

10. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

What a drag! KKOA puts on a good event, and I know the Wisconsin show would have been successful given a chance. We had planned on being there next year, we just couldn't afford it this time. Don't give up John!

11. Wisconsin obviously sucks.

12. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

^^^^^^^^
    Not really.

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Louverdude hit the nail on the HEAD!

14. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

dont know if your trying to be funny or not.... the chances of you coming to wisconsin for a show are probably slim to none, so does does your thought about wisconsin count? not so much, so keep your dumb fucking comments out of this thread we have enough bullshit on the hamb we dont need yours...... have a nice day

15. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

I'm trying to stay nuetral here and just read your comments and se what you all are telling the KKOA and me. BUT - I will make this comment --
    YOU GO JOE.

16. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

Thank you, it just gets to me when people make stupid comments that add NOTHING of value to a thread, Iam not keeping my mouth shut anymore....:D

17. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

At least 3144...make that 3145 people are interested in what is going on with this show. Maybe pre-registrations are not the only indicator of the potential of a New Show.

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that is very likely an indication of the interest in this show.

unfortunately Jerry Titus would never admit to using a computer for any matter. Too bad, perhaps he should take notice of the continued action on this thread.

Jerry, we KNOW you are watching!

19. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

C'mon Jerry, give Wisconsin the chance it deserves.

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I met up with a very distinguished group of WI hotrodders today in Madison.

Guess what was one of the main topics of discussion at the breakfast table?

yup, KKOA

21. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Dammit, I was lucky enough to be invited to that "covert distinguished group outing" but couldn't make it happen. :(

22. sololobo

sololobo

So sorry to hear this, wish they would change the Salina show to Sept. dates to cool it down. Just wishin. ~sololobo~

23. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Show will happen in 2012....