Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HAMB Drags 2011 - A New Name on The Yay-Hoo Cup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Congrats! One of the best racin trophys to get your name on if you ask me.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. atch

atch

jason & thor,

words just can't describe how cool that is. you now have your names on my hero list.

i saw your car several times this year, but there just wasn't an opportunity to chat. i'm lookin' forward to getting that chance next year.

3. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

YES A NICE SHOT FROM 1958......LOVE IT

[​IMG]

4. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

That 'HONK!' cover rules! I wanna play...

[​IMG]

6. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool congrats!!!!! from pittsburg ks :)

7. daschaefer

daschaefer

Wow, Thanks again everybody!

I constantly find myself checking all the posts from the drags..... There are so many great pics and videos, its like Im still at the track soaking it all in ....... and I really cant believe how cool the HONK cover and B&W shots look. You guys are the most!

Sure wish we didnt have to wait a whole year to do it again, hopefully next year I wont be wrenching the whole time so I get a chance to know more of you guys a little better. But, I have a feeling theres gonna be a few folks trying to take that title away and Im gonna make em work for it, that trophy is SO FINE.

Jason

8. BCR

BCR

Man, that is a great story. Congrats on the Cup.

9. Congrats...hhope ya get the engine rebuilt for next year. We passed you guys towing back to the hotel and I tried to get some cool video of it. Don't know if I got it or not but 4 people in a model A coupe being towed by another model A was worth some video tape...
    Had a great time.

10. senior fried

senior fried

Thought this was a great shot...

Attached Files:

11. BLAKE

BLAKE

12. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Thanks for letting us hang out next door to you guys!!!!
    Hope we didn't lower the property values too much.................

13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great story and a great result. Congrats to Jason and his family and friends.

14. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer

Hey Jason, my ole buddy ! Congrats on the cup ! You guys are the most !
    What a great story,what a great family ! it´s just awesome, man !
    The honk cover is off da hook, I love it !! Thanks for posting the nice pics from the old days. I have to show the 36 pic to my wife, she´s gonna love it !
    regards,
    CHRIS from Ingolstadt in Germany

15. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Yay-Hoos cup PRICESLESS!!!!! Sorry we missed it but looks like yall did OK without Dennis and me.

16. That was me doing the towing, Jason's in-law by marriage. Anybody could throw it on a trailer. We thought it would be way cooler on a tow strap. It was a great day and alot of fun. If you did get some video I would like to see it.

17. daschaefer

daschaefer

Well I wasnt going to tear it down yet, but since both my boys were selected as the Sophmore and Senior Homecoming Kings I needed two machines with rumbleseats for the parade. Can you image Greazer-Kings with tuxidos

The engine damage was impressive, but I was able to salvage some of it and combine it with my previous 454. Had it back together in two weeks for about $500.

For a second ride; thankfully my Father-in-law drove his 500 c.i. caddi powered 5-window over 500 miles and tore the trunk off so he could build a rumble seat from two milk crates and a rotton boat seat.

All this just so both my boys could avoid riding in a plastic convertable corvettes or even worse a snobby BMW .

The pictures speak for themselves

Attached Files:

18. BLAKE

BLAKE

Jeez... just when we thought you guys couldn't get any cooler. That's pretty awesome right there!

19. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man...you got all the good outta that one...As bad as it looked on the outside, I knew it was going to be even uglier on the inside. But, that's racin'...if you don't blow anything up, you aren't trying hard enough.

Glad you got her back together for prom. The kids look like they had a good time.

See you in August. -Abone.

20. ratster

ratster

Looks like fun my Greazie brother... sorry i couldn't bring the JOKER down. damn job lol

21. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

Thanks for the update and glad to hear Da Chicken Coupe is already back to it!
    Great photos!

22. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

23. kustomrodder53

kustomrodder53

That is sooo sick. James told me to log on and check out the carnage. I must say, I am very impressed with your E.T. Makes me wish I were still stationed in the states so I could attend such awesome events!
    Brian