Register now to get rid of these ads!

Circle track valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ljones44, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ljones44

ljones44
    from Atlanta

I have purchased a set of Moroso Circle Track valve Covers. I like the looks and the price was right. Brand new v/covers with breathers that price at Jeg's for $180.00 for $56.00.

I have relocated the PVC valve to the back of the intake manifold and I am using the plugged hole in the back of the Edelbrock Carburetor for the automatic transmission line. I have driven the car since moving the PCV valve and it drives and shifts properly. I have not installed the v/covers yet.

What am I missing? I know these v/covers were not meant to run on the street but as I said they look different and different is just that.

Larry
    [email protected]

2. Hot Rod Grampa

Hot Rod Grampa

Circle track valve covers had both breathers on the left side to control oil loss in hard left turns while venting excess crankcase pressure, hence 2 breathers. Would not bother motor as long as other "emission" functions can be maintained. Circle track motors are not designed emission friendly.

3. ljones44

ljones44
    from Atlanta

That explains the kick out on the oil pans. These valve covers have breather tubes on both sides and each tube has a baffle.

Is adding oil through the tube with a baffle an issue.

Can one of these baffles be removed? I believe the baffle is just pushed into the tube.

The PVC valve is treaded into the manifold at the rear area close to the distributor. Appears to work well, however only time will tell. Engine idle has not been affected and transmission shifts normally.

Installing the covers next week.

Sorry for all the questions.

4. fogs58

fogs58
    from ooo

Just think of them like how old cars used to have a breather tube at the front of the engine that doubbled as a oil fill tube. Its the same thing just venting out your covers. I've never seen any that the baffles come out of. Yes oil pours slow thru them. If your car has to pass emission checks, they might not like them. Depends on your local laws.

5. FastAndLoose

FastAndLoose
    from Warren, PA

The baffle should be removable. Just insert a screwdriver in the slot and twist. You'll want it in there though while you're driving. It's pretty easy to weld a stem on the baffle so you can just pop the breather off, pull out the baffle, add oil, drop the baffle back in and put the breather back on.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

You got any pictures of the covers?

7. ljones44

ljones44
    from Atlanta

Picture

Attached Files: