Register now to get rid of these ads!

The RedShirt Army Needs YOU! Pileup Volunteer Registration Now Open!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DumbWhore, May 31, 2011.

1. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Volunteer registration for the Hunnert Car Pileup’s infamous Red Shirt Army is now open!

The Hunnert Car Pileup needs you more than ever before! With the 10<sup>th</sup> anniversary, of the show, we expect a giant crowd and need a little extra help. We call our volunteers “The Red Shirt Army” and they are a critical part of the show. Each Pileup volunteer will be assigned a 2 hour shift, like parking, working the pedestrian gate, selling t-shirts, etc. There are many benefits to volunteering for service in the “Red Shirt Army” including free entry to the show, a special volunteer shirt and gift, and a volunteer-only party. So sign up and be a part of the Pileup! The Red Shirt Army needs YOU!

You can go here:

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/volunteers/

Or more directly, here:

http://pileupredshirts.eventbrite.com/

Don’t freak out that it says you need to get a “ticket” on the registration site. I set it up so it’s all free of course, and you don’t need a paper “ticket” when you show up. Don’t over think it. I’m just making it easier for this DW to let you know all the gory details with the RedShirt Army. And not have to call Magnet every time I need something. ;)

You WILL need to register each person individually.

Email or PM me with questions, but you do need to sign up via the link. If you email me a registration separately, it will get lost in the shuffle.

Volunteer sign up will be open until September 1<sup>st</sup>. I will email out the complete schedule on September 24<sup>th</sup>.

As always, the Chrome Czars thank you for your hard work and dedication. I’m a volunteer just like you guys and it’s nice to know so many people believe in the same cause – hot rods and the coolest bunch of hooligans ever. You guys rule the school.

Peace and Hair Grease

[FONT=&quot]Catherine[/FONT]

2. ryno

ryno

just set mine in, see you there!

3. I just posted this on the Czar board, but hells yeah you guys don't dick around! Ryno you are officially no 2 though buddy, Tad beat you to the punch to be the first to volunteer. :D Geez.... it's not like you have anything else to worry about right now......

Just kidding Ryno - you know we loves you.

4. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in, misspelled my name some how too much PBR in me already....

5. WOOHOOO!!!!!! countin down the days to the greasiest car show in the midwest

6. BTTT for the morning folks. We had great response last night!

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks everyone who signed up! It means alot to us.

8. Hating bumping my own post but will.....

We've had 70 people sign up so far!!!!! Need around 225 or so - keep 'em coming!

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

It wouldn't be the Pileup without the RSA. Really. I mean it. We really couldn't do it without you!

10. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Evening bump

11. ryno

ryno

lets get this back up, if we can get enough volunteers signed up it will be one less thing dw will have to worry about. its one hell of a show fellas, so sign up.

12. magnet

magnet

The Red Shirt Army is the foundation of the pileup.. be sure to sign up and give a couple hours.. get a kick ass t-shirt.

13. GREASER815

GREASER815

I am signed up! Can't wait for this years show.

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a neat show. I'll have to check it out sometime! ;)

16. We have 130 people signed up so far - that's terrific! We still need about another 100 believe it or not. We really strive to not have people work more than the 2 hours so everyone can enjoy the show.

This year's volunteer gift is gonna be awesome!

Thanks everyone

17. I'm in.
    Just signed up.

18. Snarl

Snarl

Now that you all know it's the last Pileup.... don't you want to be a part of history and volunteer? You will be known as a Red Shirt Army Veteran!

Crap.... I just posted that under my husband's login... oh well. "dumbwhore"

19. We are up to 146.... keep 'em coming.

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

We expect a BIG crowd this year, and hopefully a record number of traditional hot rods and customs, so we need all the volunteers we can get!

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

BTTT! We're still a few platoons short of a full army this year, and we're going to need a LOT of help! This will be the LAST Pileup and we expect more cars and a lot more spectators, so we need all the help we can get.

Not only do you get the bragging rights of serving in the RSA at the last Pileup, but you get:
    free, early parking
    free special RSA shirt
    free breakfast and snacks
    the opportunity to buy Pileup shirts and 10th anniversary posters before everyone else
    a special gift (which is really cool this year) that ONLY volunteers can get
    and an invitation to the Appreciation Party in November (think free food and beer!).

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Trying to work it out, sucks that the last one could be the first for me...

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Better late than never! :D Hope it works out for you.

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Its really up I'n the air, but I haven't signed up for the
    Last 2 but volunteered anyway. I'd hate to say yes, then not be able to make it!
    Man, I'd hate to miss the last one!

25. Snarl

Snarl

Well Todd, we all hope you can make it this year!

26. That would be great if you could make it!

27. Toodles you guys need to be there this year! You'll be drinking for two!

28. We are at 169. We *need* 200, but 230 is better. Please contribute 2 hours of your day to ensure the last year is the most kick ass ever.

Registration cut off is September 1st. Sadly that's just around the corner.

Thanks for your efforts!

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

But I ALWAYS drink for 2! ;) depending on farming and the flood stuff. It'll prolly be a early morn sat trip if we can come. Be sure and pencil me I'n for a volunteer backup spot! Won't know till that weekend if we can come! I'd rather eat glass then miss the pileup! Especially the last one! Gonna be EPIC

30. Snarl

Snarl

We are up to 194 volunteers thanks to a weekend push from the Indy and St. Louis crews......

We'd really love to get to 230, but we NEED to get to 200

Quit making me sound like Jerry Lewis and sign up! ;)

Reminder that this Thursday, September 1st is the deadline to sign up!

THANKS!