Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Chevy "Jolly Convincer"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jolly convincer, Aug 14, 2011.

1. jolly convincer

jolly convincer

I own a 1955 Chevy 210, 2 door post that is a vintage gasser. It is orange and is said to have run at deer park and possibly in Montana. The name on car is "Jolly Convincer" and it was sposored by BLOCK Body & Custom ( maybe Cheney Wash.?) and o Bob & Gene's Repair. It was purchased at a swap meet way back around 1965-1970 and brought over to Mt. A local guy owned it and put a 327 in it. He rolled it over in Ronan Mt and the car has sat since, 35 - 40 years. Fairly light roll over.
    Any one have any info or pics of the Jolly Convincer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John 406-241-6885

Attached Files:

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres a bump for you...Cool car what are the plans for it ? At least he kept it after the wreck and didnt scrap it eh!

3. jolly convincer

jolly convincer

I have gotten the roof back into shape and am working on the doors and rear qurter. I have the parts to re-create it as it was when rolled, 327, fender well headers 4 speed, so I want to trace the lettering and restore it back to the orange "Jolly Convincer". Thanks John

4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Looks like a Willys sedan next to it?

5. That it is!!! '38-39-40 era.
    g-willys

6. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

thats a tough ass car! do you have more pics you can post...it looks like the engine is in the stock location....at least from where the headers exit. Any cool old gauges still inside ect..?

7. mtrhead

mtrhead

That's a cool car.. Good luck!!

8. jolly convincer

jolly convincer

I think it is a 37 Willys, four door. I have the frame and rear end also. Almost no rust in floor and doors. Headed east for Carlisle and hershey, might be able to drag it back.

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Likey and subscribed !!!

10. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Subbed,Loove a vintage gasser resurrection!

11. jolly convincer
    Not a '37...got to be a '38 or later...no drip rails in '37...they started with the '38 model.
    g-willys

12. Hell yes! Redo that baby back to its glory days!

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like a 57 Chevy 150, 4 door, and a 56 Chevy, too.

14. 5w32

5w32

very cool car, keep up the search! i searched for a long time and finally found my cars history, its the most rewarding experience.

15. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Absolutely wonderful catch! Do her justice. I'll be following this one.

16. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Cool find , cant wait to see the progress on this one, how about get some inside and under the hood shots for us.......

17. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Glad you are saving it. Rare to see a 55 drag car that didn't have the rear fenders opened up. Got a 55 Olds 2 door sedan myself and just couldn't bring myself to cut up the perfect quarters...........

Looking forward to seeing this one running again!

18. Madillac

Madillac
    from Tonka, MN

Cool car, subscribed.

19. Butch M

Butch M

glad your going save it very cool car good luck.......

20. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Really glad to see another one saved. Looks like it was hugger orange, one of my favorite colors. Cool!!!

21. jolly convincer

jolly convincer

I did get some useful information yesterday about the real history of my 55 gasser "Jolly Convincer". It is said, by a son of Ken Crawford's of Missoula Montana that this 55 was built by his dad Ken Crawford in Missoula Montana and that the sponsors were Block Body and Custom of Msla, and Bob and Genes Repair (the Granparents of Chase Crawford) of Msla. Montana. He said that he believed his dad ran the car at the Superior Montana airport drag strip
    I have tried to reach Chase to talk more about the car or to get information on how to reach his dad but have had no more response.
    Can anyone help out? Thanks John

22. jolly convincer

jolly convincer

spoke to Ken Crawford yesterday. He built the Jolly Convincer in 1969 and ran it at Deer Park Raceway near Spokane Washington in 1970 and 1971.
    He ran it in "E" modified production class.

chevy57dude and wvenfield like this.
  23. wvenfield

wvenfield

OK, but what have you done? What's it look like today?