Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HEY ARTISTS: I'm Thinking About Doing ARTIST Features....Stand Up!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Kirk, Do 2 columns....one on artists and one on photographers! Either both in each issue or alternate each in back-to-back issues.

Just a thought.......

2. Blackie

Blackie

Thanks JeffreyJames for the endorsement.

If anyone's interested...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus

Are you including sculpture? Here's a light I made for the guest bathroom. Helps improve the aim. The stainless steel frame is made from a '55 panel truck rocker trim. The background is made from a work bench rubber mat. :cool:

4. It's an impossible task to give recognition to all the talent here on the HAMB, and eventually this will begin to look like any other "Hall of Fame" in that no one wants their favorites left out so all get included if enough time is allowed. There isn't a better place to see the finest in Automotive Art anywhere, and frankly, I love it all because I love art.
    I'm still compelled to list a few of my Faves that have far less exposure than some of the HUGE names already listed, but because of their general "style", I would love to see them recognized. My vote goes to SANDER, Larry Williams, and Del Swanson. Their sketches aill always exceed my finished work, and the talent of each makes me want to be better at what I do....Motivation is far better than admiration and these guys do it in spades.....Centurion9

5. There was a fellow here on the Hamb many years ago by the name of Sailor that did some art for me and posted here alot. Have not seen him post in ages. Would be nice to know if he is still around and drawing car stuff still. Norway if I remember right.

6. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

I make stencils, but don't alter any images with a computer program to make it easier. I print said photograph and cut lines and shadows that I think make the picture what it is. I'm 22 and have been doing it off and on for a few years. Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. boldventure

boldventure

8. Seriously tho, Thanks blacktopbuddha for the kind words.

Kirk,
    What a generous thought. In 1989, 26, married,I had to make a decision as to what direction my life was heading; auto design, commercial illustration, architecture and cartooning were all on the list of "which way do I goes", I chose animation... It has always been my goal to 'back door' it into automotive illustration, however. Ryan's Jalopy Journal, F.A.S. came to my attention in 2006 and this place gave me an opportunity to share my first love (art wise). Your suggestion, here, would be a great opportunity and it
    would be a honor to be included in a brief bio.

It would be a sin to not include Eric "Blackie" Black...

DITTO Ruben Duran!!!

So, no profile on Jeff Norwell, Ger Peters, Blackie, Del Swanson, Django, ... me, Brian Stupski, Lemorris Harris, I know I'm forgetting some others, but who......???
    ("In case you're wondering, I'm being sarcastic...")(All these guys work in traditional medium but also produce major chunckage of art on their computers.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

DEL SWANSON = ¡¡Artistadour Gigantico!!

10. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Don't forget NORWELL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. boldventure

boldventure

Oh yeah...good choice too!:cool:

12. This is awesome work.:cool:

13. 55nomad427

55nomad427

14. 55nomad427

55nomad427

I had a few of my car paintings in the July issue of Hemmings Classic Car Mag.
    Here's one if I can get this to work, and my site - www.ThomasEvansArt.com

Attached Files:

15. Thomas, I saw your work in Hemmings CC, it is really great. Congrats on the article.
    Cheryl Kelly's work looks to be truly amazing, I hope she delves into the hot rod scene a bit some day.
    Funny thing, one of her images, which she may not have even been responsible for labeling, is titled
    "Chevelle with Ipod" but it is clearly a '69 Cutlass... she puts too much energy into her work to have
    made that kind of mistake. (Didn't look to see if there were any other goofs like that, nor is it my intent
    to criticize, I just get pulled into any image of a '68 or '69 Cutlass; on that level, I guess you could say she
    succeeds in her intended goals as she explains them in here statement.)

16. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

i would have to say James Owens!!! He's one of my good friends and an amazing artist. I've watched him do some of his work and been blown away.

http://www.jamesowensstudio.com/art/

17. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Thanks....I think. With that lop-sided smile, I'm not sure if you mean that.
    Here's a detail shot. This sign (along with a few more with my artwork) is available on George barris' website. I don't want to name a lot of names because I'd be affraid I'd forget someone by mistake! You guys know the guys I respect.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  18. Cshabang

Cshabang

HOT ROD JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everything she does comes out awesome.... a lot of my other choices have already been mentioned:

Jimmy Smith
    Weesner
    Allison
    John Jackson
    Bernie
    Norwell
    Zombie
    Charlie Decker
    Coby, etc.. (those are just off the top of my head...)

19. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Hey KIRK! I'm stunned. Thanks for putting my name next to those other amazing artists. I've met or talked or emailed with every one – as well as many of the artists suggested on this thread – and I gotta say I would love to read a profile and learn more about all those other guys. I'm the new guy here as this is my first year launching my stuff on the world after only posting on the HAMB FAS the year before. The cool part is that every artist mentioned has welcomed me into the scene and given me great advice on what to do next. What I quickly discovered about other artists at the shows is that it's not about competition, it's about community. Man, I'd love to be on your list, but put me on last so I dig all the other talent first.

BO

20. Ha,ha, so do Corvairs.......

Not!

21. klazurfer

klazurfer

:):):rolleyes:

Attached Files:

22. realkustom51

realkustom51

Maybe I could get my brother Cory (customcory) to draw something on a clean sheet of paper.

[​IMG]

23. boldventure

boldventure

I'm tellin' 'ya, you REALLY should follow the link, very intersting work there!:eek:

24. boldventure

boldventure

...And you own work it really quite good as well!

25. No, I really meant it!:)

26. ewt2

ewt2

OK. I'm in!!! Here some of my scribbling...

[​IMG]
    "Pat Foster"

[​IMG]
    "Ruby Deluxe"

[​IMG]
    "Joyo's 36 Cabriolet"

[​IMG]
    "Out Of This World"

[​IMG]
    "Sour Mash"

[​IMG]
    Max Grundy's Merc "Fear the coming Storm"

[​IMG]
    "The Souped Up Coupe"

27. customcory

customcory

I want to thank my brother for putting me on this list, but nothing can really beat being featured in Rod&Kulture. Zombie and his staff did such a good job, I don't need anything else. I'm not really selling my work, so I'm not that much of a publicity hound, let someone who is trying to make a living doing art be your choice. Of course , I would like to hear the real low down on Zombie! I wish somebody would talk to Harry Bradley before he gets to old. There are so many good artist, I can't remember them all.:D

28. Your art is stellar...cruise by if ya ever get down to Mooresville

29. customcory

customcory

oddrodgarage, If I ever get to the point of doing shirts, I will be coming to you first, count on it. Thanks!

30. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the mention, I get by.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011