Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Question for the '55 chevy guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Aug 15, 2011.

1. I was checking out my car last night and was making a list of parts I need to start looking for.......

I noticed the back window had no interior trim around it. Is that normal?
    I looked for mounting holes and couldn't find any.
    My car is a 2 door post 150.

Thanks for the help

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

I always thought they had interior trim, but the outside trim was rubber only?

3. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I guess if you have it around the windshield you should have it around the rear window as well. Doesn't seem to me that it wouldn't have any trim at all around it.

4. My windshield and back window both only have rubber around the windows on the outside. The belairs and 210s both came with stainless exterior trim, but I have no idea about the inside.

5. Special Ed

Special Ed

My 210 has three pieces of garnish around the inside of the rear window. Screwed into place. If you don't have holes in your 150, then it didn't come with any originally. Remember the 150 was really stripped down... Although I'm curious how you'd finish the headliner to the rear window?!?

6. Ya I didn't think about the headliner........I'll go look again for holes thanks Ed

7. Oops, I guess as my wife would say....."I'm a bad looker"

Ya there's holes. ::eek:

8. squirrel

squirrel

The headliner tucks into the rubber on some models....the parts book lists the inside garnish for the 1211 model (150), but not for the 1211B (150 utility sedan).

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

Cool! The garnish is available , but you'll have to poke around to find it. Maybe ebay? You want a right, left, and the piece that goes all the way across the top...

10. We bought and sold a real original 150 and it had the garnish around the backlite. My understanding is the 55 was the only one that came with the garnish. The repop headliners now have some cardboard on the rear that tucks under some metal and then under the rubber.

11. hemibird43

hemibird43

i may be wrong, but i think 55 was the only year that you could get the rear trim as an option, i know that my 57 210 did not have it but i think if you could find a set of trim it will work in all 3 years.

12. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

'55 was the only one of the tri-fives with the trim. All 210 and Bel Air had the trim. I do not think the 150 did.
    Larry

13. hemibird43

hemibird43

like i said i was not 100% sure, thanks for info.

14. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

I checked on another site and was told that the 150s DID have the trim also. The person did not differentiate between the utility sedan and the regular 150. :confused:

"I'm no Pro",
    Larry

15. squirrel

squirrel

It's an old chevy, you can build it however you want, right?

16. badshifter

badshifter

My 55 150 and a customers 55 150 in the shop both have inner rear window trim.