Register now to get rid of these ads!

11 Days & still waiting for my car..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. specialk

specialk

One word - uship - FAIL!

2. 1933BOB

1933BOB

I contracted with East coast shipping to send a 33 Dodge from NY to Calif. after weeks of waiting they told me they couldn't find a driver so when i demanded my money back they found sombody. The seller called me and asked what I was thhinking and he was no longer responsible (scary) It showed up (thank god) on a 24' box van and had been sent out with a load of gormet food (???). They had no ramps and I had to use 2 fork lifts to get it off their truck and then they demanded $200 more. I do NOT endorse East Coast Shipping!!!!!!

3. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

Just curious, what is the UShip TSP name of your transporter?? It would be interesting to check out his feedback to see if this is his usual mode of operation. Dave

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez, some of you have had good luck and some realy bad. I recently aquired a 32' Featherlite and 2005 GMC diesel dually. After Oct, off season for me, I might consider doing some short runs for you guys. My shit's not junk, I have cars and transport cars worth more than what most of us have on a regular basis. Being close to the greater Detroit area I can cover most of OH, IN, and eastern PA. Stay tuned. I'll let everyone know when I work out costs. it sucks dealing with some of these mouthbreathin rednecks. It shouldn't be that way.

5. Support someone who supports the HAMB ;)

Hire a HAMB ALLIANCE MEMBER for starters ...

Someone who has been around for awhile :cool:

Jim

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

this is a rather unique situation.

keep in mind, when hiring a carrier that utilizes a multi-car trailer, you are likely getting a better rate. At the same time, that trailer needs to be kept full to allow the carrier to offer those rates.

yes, sometimes you get what you pay for.

We move many vehicles each year. Some coming in and some going out.
    to and from all parts of the county.

We have secured the services of a broker. We use her exclusively and she successfully acquires the services of carriers with solid backgrounds, proof of adequate insurance, safe equipment and a good reputation.

And even after all that, it can take 10 days to get a vehicle from the Midwest to the California coast.

7. Fenders

Fenders

But it's COD, isn't it? .... no C, no D... I'd have a few Ferraris in my yard accumulating storage charges.

8. I tried to find a HAMBer to do the job.Ben D and the others said that they were busy and couldnt do it until September..Had I known that this would turn into such a Cluster**** I woulda waited for a hamber to be available.
    But I did try to hire a Hamber..Plus I posted on Galveston Texas Craigslist to avoid going to a place like Uship.

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

When I see the problems that guys have getting cars shipped....suddenly the time and money I invest to go get stuff myself looks cheap.

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

400 turbo with a Hurst Quarter Stick. It rarely was "just put in drive". ;)

11. shadams

shadams

I don't see how a normal person can just lie over and over like that. Doesn't make sense. Sounds like someone needs a good ass whoopin he wont forget or else he will just keep on lying. Sad that if you gave it to him you would be the one going to jail...

12. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Not knowing all the details or have had an oppoortunity to see your contract, I am in the transportation business. If Uship is the primary they must have a "Surety Bond" & a "Sub Haul Bond". If you do not get any satisfaction, aske Uship and or the end Trucker for their USDOT number and politely let them know that you will submit a claim for a refund under their bonds. You can go to www.fmsca.dot/gov and see the procedure to do so. If you get your money back try using Intercity or Reliable Transprtation (a division of Allied Movers) In fact most Household Movers also offer Vehicle Transportation. Hope this helps, if you need any assistance PM me.

13. My buddy was brokering and one experience was good, the other was not so good. The Mercury showed up with broken exhaust tips and a scratched back glass.

14. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I used Heartland to transport from North Dakota.The (project) cars arrived safe and in a timely manner and for a reasonable fee. The drivers name was Kevin and I would recommend him to anyone needing a car hauled out of that area.

15. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Damn man,hope it all turns out ok for you.

16. Machinos

Machinos

Uship somehow gets around being considered an actual broker, even though that's exactly what it is... they charge a hell of a lot more than a real bonded broker would too.

If a shipping provider wants $1000 for a shipment, they have to bid about $1130. Uship keeps the $1130 as a "booking fee"... 13%.

Of course that's not any excuse for him to lie to you. You've got some leverage with him in that you do get to leave feedback.

17. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Trulyvintage here on The HAMB delivered my car from DesMoines to Chicago through a blizzard in just a coupla days. I recommend him. Good stuff from a good guy. Professional, timely, econmical, and careful. I think its because he truely loves the old cars. Look him up next time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  18. snarley

snarley

i went by the address for darrell tindall the guy oldfart had hired to pick up his sedan delivery from my friend here in texas and was told by neigbors that he had moved three months ago. no car on a trailer there. if anyone knows this shithead please help out and pass the word that this guy in a ripoff. he goes by the name THE TRANSPORT GUY

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  19. Jesselee,

I remember that 62' Ford Fairlane ;)

[​IMG]

I pulled into the subdivision with the streets of ice to pick up.
    Got stuck on a turn because of a snow bank.
    Old gal on the corner called the cops on me for " blocking the street ".

Cop showed up - started laughing .... :rolleyes:

He grabbed a smoke while he waited nearby to protect
    me from her - she calls them out all the time. :eek:

That was fun times ..... :D

Jim

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I bought a trailer a few years ago and the wife and I make it a vacation to pick up or deliver my cars.
    We make it a fun trip. No plans , no rush , we get there when we get there.

21. RodStRace

RodStRace

Ouch!!!

22. Best way to get a car :D

Jim

23. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

If it is a smaller operation, it can get a bit hairy...s others have said, call him on this BS...
    A few years back when I lived in WV, I sold my '49 Chevy to a guy in Ark. He paid me immediately, and said a good friend of his had a transport service and would pick it up, but may take a month.
    I said no problem....THREE months later he finally showed up !!
    Good luck.
    Cheers..........

24. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

So have you recieved the car yet? Pictures please.

25. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

This is why i usually pickup my own car and pay once i have it.
    i use hambers first if they cant i will go myself usually.

26. Exactly ..... :cool:

Always get your own car if possible

If not ...... ;)

Deal with one hauler directly

Pay no deposit

Jim

27. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

That is not good news......

28. rld14

rld14

I'll also suggest ya use racinman Rick. He moved a car for me. Class act all the way and took real good care of what most people would think was a pos.

29. Weasel

Weasel

Sounds like time to report the vehicle as stolen....

30. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.