Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wheeew, saved a 32 5w from the crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Da Tinman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

You got skills!! Looks great.

2. dutched32

dutched32

really nice work, I dig the back window!

3. Deadbird

Deadbird

Awesome work Jay. I'll bet Larry is thrilled. Hope to see it down here at the Pile Up. I've got a garage spot with his name on it if he needs it.

4. Yep, Larry is THRILLED!!! He is so excited to have that car back. Already making plans where he is going to go and when.. You did a GREAT job, son. I'm proud of you. We love it.

5. That coupe runs and rides as good as it looks.
    I had a blast and came home with a delightfully chic sweatshirt with pre-faded lettering!

6. Actually, I’m beyond thrilled! Jay initially took pity on my lack of mechanical ability and agreed to pull me out of a fire. I had just removed the door poppers and power windows and had installed new door handles and started on the crank-up windows. I wanted him to design and create the linkage (see post #11) from the door handles to the bear claw latches and tweak the window mechanism. Well, I was in for a surprise…

A few months earlier while in town for Hunnert Car Pile-Up #8, Jay had driven the coupe for the forty-minute trip from my sign shop over to Morris. Now my coupe has always had “issues” and during that short ride, after a relatively silent five-minute assessment period, he politely barraged me with a virtual litany of items that required attention. How he was able to detect, analyze and communicate those items so quickly continues to amaze me to this day.

Well, once in his hands, Jay began addressing every one of those “issues” in dramatic fashion (see post #113) and went far beyond. Obviously, Jay has the inspiring ability to think “outside of the box”. It’s always exciting and remarkable to view what he conjures up next with that “magic hammer” of his. I’m extremely glad he chose to document a portion of those modifications and post them here for all to see.

It should be noted that “on occasion” the coupe became the “hot rod from hell”. Those aforementioned “issues” came back again and again to test Jay’s patience and skill while new hurdles appeared not infrequently. That is perhaps what amazed me the most. The depth of his dedication to detail, his wonderfully creative vision and his incredible ability.

Thank you Jay, you did a fantastic job!

7. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

My favorite part of the interior is the JeffyBump. :)

Congrats on the coupe ESD. It looks awesome!! I bet the shop cats miss it already and I can't wait to see it in person again.

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thanks Dude! It means a lot to have that kind of praise from you and I am so glad you like it. I will always and forever HATE THAT GODDAM WINDSHIELD FRAME! You were so close to having a flatblack frame with some goofy writing on it.

10. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Stormy and I got to see the coupe in person several weeks ago. The details are just amazing. Jay is a master fabricator and a true artist. The cats will miss it, but I know Larry is very please...how could he not be.
    Great job man....

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

12. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

WOW, after looking at all 13 pages my 32-5w is really looking like a turd right about now. Love all the detail, your da man.

13. I talked to Larry on Sunday and he was so excited to get his car back. I cant wait to see it in person. Its nice to have a thread like this so you can look at a car and know all the work that went into it. A lot of times you miss the small details that make a car stand out without knowing about them.

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Wow thanks again for the praise, it makes me feel all fuzzy on the inside!

and dont worry the cats do miss it but they got a roadster to sleep in now.

Hopefully soon Mom and Larry will be knocking the new off it and putting some well deserved miles on it. I know the trip up to deliver it was a very comfortable and smooth drive!

15. blktie

blktie

Fantastic work and Larry & Glo will give it a proper home and baby it too death. They are very lucky to have you!

16. Looks awesome Jay, Larry, and Glo!