Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moron Parts store CUSTOMERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty28a, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amazing that somebody that can afford not one but two '69 Z28s, a Yenko no less! Doesn't know how to put on brake pads.

2. RichG

RichG

3. Unfortunately some people have a hard time swallowing their pride when they don't know what it is they are talking about. That is the hardest thing about working a counter when dealing with a uneducated customer, you have to try and extract the information without "hurting their pride". Sometimes that is easier said than done, case in point. Older gentleman comes into the paint store wearing his vietnam veteran ball cap and carrying a small dog usually seen in the purse of a teenage girl. I live in an area where there are a lot of retired and enrolled sevicemen and I have nothing but complete respect for these men and women. So that being said I was able to look past the silly rat-dog thing. The customer tells me he needs some sandpaper. So I have it down to instead of looking at the customer with a blank look or asking him the multiple questions that it would take me to figure out what he needs, to just ask him what exactly is he working on and that usually gets me real close to figuring it out. His answer is "doesn't matter I need sand paper." Okay well I have wet or dry 9" x 11", 6" d.a., 8" d.a., Continuous long board, p.s.a., Hookit, Hookit II, etc, etc.. So I just ask him straight out what kind he is looking for. He looks at me and slowly says "I NEED SANDPAPER." Okay.... uhm ... are you getting ready for paint, doing body work, color sanding? "Boy, I have been doing this for thirty years you must think I am some kind of asshole" No sir not at all just trying to help you out. "Well then just get me some god damn sand paper". By this time I could give a flyin shit what war he fought in, and just directed him to the few small packs of sand paper on the wall in the showroom. The customer then looks at me and says "This place is a shit hole I will never come back here" and stormed out. So as he leaves I am just standing there shocked as could be with what I had just experienced and really started to think that maybe for what ever reason he thought I was trying to treat him like an idiot. Luckily another couple had been in the shop at the same time and the woman actually came over to me and apologized for him being such a douche bag and assured me that I had done nothing to make him act that way. I should have told him that he looked like an ass with his dog, but its probably for the better that I didn't.

4. fbama73

fbama73

There's no intelligence requirement for having money.

5. tomslik

tomslik

how do you know the spanish accented guy wasn't?

how do you know YOU weren't and "accident"?
    would that mean YOU weren't invited??

and yes, immigrants WERE invited ("give me your poor,huddled masses or whatever it says on the statue of liberty)

all i ask is they do it legally....

and don't be a burden.

6. tjmercury

tjmercury

Had a guy come into the store wanting spark plugs for his 86 ford DIESEL! After going round and round with him that his truck has GLOW PLUGS and not SPARK PLUGS, I gave in and sold him a set of spark plugs for a big block just to satisfy him........ two days later he came in and apologized for yellong and cussing at me and asked for a set of GLOW PLUGS! Just goes to show that no matter how hard you try...you just can't fix stupid!

7. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I buy rear ends and other parts I usually don't know what year etc so I just bring what I have and really appreciate the help. There are a couple of the older part stores that will take a few minutes to help and they get all my buisness I don't even try to know it all. No more speed shops around here so building a car from the ground up leaves a lot to be desired.

8. screwball

screwball

I have had all kinds but one that got me was a guy drove an hour to pick up some touch up paint for his car. When I asked for his paint code he didnt know it. I told him where to look on his car gave him a pad and a pen. He comes back to the counter a little red faced and says damn I forgot I drove my wife's car today.

9. rusty28a

rusty28a

Lighten up, Francis. While I do take my love of country to heart, my boss (the owner of our independent store) had been JOKING back and forth all day about not serving Mitsubishi specific owners. We do that a lot in to maintain our sanity when dealing with the general public. When the guy came in to ask for the Mitsubishi manual, I WAS helping him look over our vast selection of about six manuals that we stock when he told me he needed one for a Mitsubishi. When I said, "get out", he smiled and asked, "what". I replied, "we're out". We did not have the one he needed. I was not rude or disrespectful. It was all in fun, which seems to be something you missed.

As for the subject of Pearl Harbor, I will not "let it go". REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR.

Attached Files:

10. Deuces

Deuces

Way to go Rusty!!! ;)

11. Deuces

Deuces

..... Born in Italy and I pay taxes...

12. Deuces

Deuces

His must have come with the 4 wheel disc option... :rolleyes:

13. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

whats anti american?

people with iq's over 70?

lol i was born here and you werent so you dont belong!! dumbass unless your a goddamn Indian ,your family wasnt born here. (cant get over that answer LOL... idiot)

and why do you guys hate immigrants so much. is it because they work harder? or becuase most of them are smarter? or because there not fat asses that think they are owed something and actually have to work for the shit they want?

how can you guys keep saying we are better than everybody else while our country is the fattest country , and has the some of worst schooling in the world.then when a Mexican guy comes over to bust his ass and make a living all the sudden the fat and lazy are to good to work for 10 bucks an hour?

mind blowing to me....

14. rusty28a

rusty28a

Back on topic we go...I had to accompany the owner of our store to a local dealership. On the way, he briefed me that we had sold an engine rebuild kit for the technician's personal car and this guy was pv'd off. When we walked into the shop, the tech starts raving about our cheap foreign parts. When I inspected the parts, turns out they were OEM supplied to us from the manufacturer...of his Korean car! Yeah, he was upset that the parts were not American made.

15. Fe26

Fe26

I replied, "we're out". We did not have the one he needed. I was not rude or disrespectful. It was all in fun, which seems to be something you missed. "Quote".

H'mmm, must be something I missed as well, your first telling came across as you being quite rude and obnoxious. Pity you spoiled your story by explaining yourself...

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

No offense Dude but your views are somewhat niave and misguided.

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Took a few pages on this topic before the hillbillys surfaced.
    I had to deal with the 'public' everyday when I owned a wholesale company and if they weren't so stupid it was funny, I think I might have found a new line of work.

18. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Your probably right.

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

How in the hang did we start talking about immigration policies, anti-Americanism, and WWII in a parts store thread? This is getting out of hand. :D

Remembering is one thing, holding a grudge is another. Stupid, ignorant, hate.

20. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Just found out on ancestry.com that my family has been here since 1890's,I was just wondering how much better did that make me then someone that got here 10 years ago.

If there's a rule sheet on how much better i am then them, or something like that would be great.

" i was born here and I pay taxes!"

Lol fucking idiots.

Tinman when I said your probably right I wasn't being sarcastic at all. unlike some people I can change my views when new information presents itself. Please explain.

21. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

Just like was mentioned with the tranny pan gaskets being "upside down", that happened alot with water pump gaskets as well.

I cant remember how many customers brought batteries back that didn't work because they didnt pull the plastic covers off the post.
    ------------
    At our parts store we had an idiot counter guy that would cater to the idiot customer. They had quite a good relationship, haha

If I wouldnt sell the customer a part because they didnt have enough information on the car, they would go to him and always leave with something. And sure enough they would always return with the wrong part.

They would walk in and say:
    "Rob sold me the wrong part twice already".
    Me: what are you working on?
    Customer: I'll wait for Rob(they never learned)

22. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Great job, chest pounders. Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.