Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moron Parts store CUSTOMERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty28a, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty28a

rusty28a

Joe Schmo Garage says the parts they put on my car came from you. Can you tell me how much THEY paid for them?

2. SCRIBE35

SCRIBE35
    from California

In college, I worked part time at a parts store. Shy and nervous, I approached my first customer- a mean looking black guy with arms like tree-trunks...

"May I help you, sir"

"I needs some brake pad for my Cadillac!"

"Front or black?" I asked.

Another time a guy came in who was, shall we say, a bit light in the loafers.

"Can you help me please? I really need help!" he screamed at me in an effeminate voice. "Some type of oil or grease is simply gushing out of my rear end!!"

My manager laughed so hard he crapped.

3. Deuces

Deuces

This shit is funny! :D..... Bump!

4. oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy

5. Poorly worded question.......snappy answer. You screwed up. not him

Still waiting for the 710 cap lie, then I'm outa here

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I worked at a NAPA. We had a small sign on the counter that read:
    "If you are dealing with a marine application, let us know so we can serve you better!"
    These two guys walk in and one reads the sign then says to the other:
    "Hey, Joey, tell the kid you're a marine and they'll give you a discount!"

Oh, well, we all cant be geniuses...

7. lorodz

lorodz

oldrelics
    thats one of the funniest things ive heard in while ...thanks for the laugh<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6841948", true); </SCRIPT>

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Check this part #.
    go ahead.
    I'm sorry, sir, it doesn't go into my system. What is it supposed to be?
    It's a taillight lens for a '66 Buick. Y'all don't carry dat in stock?
    No sir. We mainly carry parts in stock for newer GM vehicles.
    ....Gotta love the 'hood.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Don't get me started on discounts... I work in Flint....the ghetto part.

10. OldCrow

OldCrow

Guy calls:
    "My lawn tractor just quit in the middle of mowing my lawn. how much do you think it will cost to get it running again?"

hear it at least once a week in summer,
    Russ

11. ticked off customer walks up to the counter,throws down the the gasket I'd sold him an hour earlier.

"you sold me the wrong gasket.I had to drive back here and waste my time blah blah blah".

I look at the gasket flip it over and turn it 180 degrees.he looks at it,looks at me and walks out.

about an hour later he calls back.Dude Im soooo sorry.I can't believe I did that.

12. get me a (insert description).

sir.do you have your VIN.

what for they're all the same.

sir. if "they" were all the same it would be on a shelf for you to grab and you would'nt need me.

13. whats MY price.
    or

no I do'nt pay tax.ok.whats your resale tax I.D number............my what?

14. bpc

bpc

overheard in autozone: Customer: I need spark plug wires for my chevy. Parts guy: ok what size is your engine? Customer: hold out his hands and says its about this size. Me and the parts guy laughed our asses off.

15. one of my favs
    a cute young lady walked in and asked if " I had a bigger one ""her boy friends was too short but she would be happier with a six inch or longer .... "
    she was holding a 1/2 drive ext

the guy who wanted spark plugs for his wifes car and handed me the keys for it ..ford key.... the car was at home
    ???? ? I asked ......
    they are all the same he said so I sold him a box of ten gold tippped ngk"s

comon answer to the make and model
    I dunno its the wifes fuckin car ,,, and she is usin mine til that piece of shit is fixed

no i do not have the box for this starter my wife is keepin her recipes in it

16. .........can I have a gasket For a Chev 12 volt diff?.........
    Or a 710 cap?......... (read upside down)
    .........or I need a new "turnslow", mine has a hole in it........ (Read your radiator cap)...........
    All from the local parts shop.
    ........but I did send a guy (who had short arms and long pockets) to the store to pick up a radiator cap for my beetle.........that'l learn him for borrowing my car and not filling it up!

17. customs by jason

customs by jason

had a guy come in sold him a fuel filter for his car about an hour later he comes back and said i gave him the wrong filter his was alot bigger i look it up again just to make sure no its the right part number i even looked at the bigger engine just to see if it was the same part number maybe he told me the wrong engine size nope it was the same filter so i go outside look at what he thinks is the fuel filter nope he saw his vacuum canister and though it was his fuel filter. i point out his fuel filter and off he went

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I worked at Kragen for years. Had a guy come in screaming and hollering about some plug wires I sold him. I'd spent a good amount if time helping him with a full tune up on a 350 in an older truck. I got him everything he needed. Apparently I didn't know what I was doing when I sold him 9 plug wires! What the hell is this one for?!?

Uh, the coil sir?

19. williebill

williebill

Love it...I own a OT retail shop,have for over 30 years,and I've got a million of them..I especially love hearing a brain-dead dumbass tell me,right after he's proved beyond all doubt what an imbecile he is,that "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"..

Now I gotta say,I love my customers,they allow me to eat and survive,but if the customer is right,it's usually a fucking coincidence.....

20. OHere is a fun memory ...1981...
    Young fella " um I need a new hole"
    "Gasp" says me - all other countermen and one woman customer fall all over laughing.
    Me says " please repeat/clarify "
    Youth-" my buddy did a compression test on my car and said I have a dead hole and sent me here to get a new one"
    I fall all over laughing - good friend huh?

Oh and now I work at a Napa and an for an airline - imagine the fun

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

And I hate 351 Fords. Is it the Windsor or 400M?

Aren't they the same? It's the same damn size engine, just give me whatever.

How about one of the guys that wants a U Joint for a chevy rear end with a Ford driveshaft and a Toyota transfer case? What do you mean you don't sell that?

Gimme a small block chevy water pump.
    Long or short? I ask.
    What?
    What year and model?
    That don't matter, you guys don't know shit.

22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Have you ever watched someone work on a car in the parking lot? I watched 2 guys take a starter off while the truck was running in the parking lot.... Made sense. Starter was dead and they needed to get home right?

Had a guy rattle can his whole car in the parking lot one time, with all the over spray going over everyones cars.

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I suppose that all people who go to an electronics store (1) shouldn't expect the employees there to know anything about electronics and (2) should know all about electronics themselves.

I also suppose that all people who go to the doctor (1) shouldn't expect the doctor to be able to diagnose what's wrong with them and (2) should know already what is ailing them.

The problem with the "parts store employee vs customer" threads is very simple: Not every customer is car savvy, but someone in the BUSINESS of selling car parts SHOULD know car parts and be able to help customers, even ignorant, stupid ones.

Whether I go to a car parts store, an electronics store, or the doctor, if the person working there doesn't know what they're doing, I go somewhere else.

24. bab59

bab59

Guy orders a radiator for a 94 Chevrolet k1500 350. Get it in next day he picks it up calls 30 minutes later Pissed off says its wrong. Whats the dimensions of your old one? Like it matters its a 94 Chevrolet k1500 350 4 black tires. OK I order one for a 305 cause its smaller next day he picks it up installs it and comes back for a cap. He says whats the deal? I said its a 305 He says Thats one running F'N 305

25. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

The guy here let's me go through the catalogs myself. He knows what he's talking about & he's polite. He rocks!!!!

26. Jokester

Jokester

Lady comes in asking for a wrench. "what kind of wrench?"

"A generator wrench."

"Um, what size?"

"I think it's a 3/5."
    ===========

One guy calls in with a whole list of parts for his LeMans. Comes in an hour later to pick them up, but the prices are all wrong. I look them up again and all looks ok. Then I look over at my notes from his original call. Somehow the LeMans is now a Monarch.
    ============

Is that a 6 or a V8?

Must be a V8, it gets lousy mileage.
    =======

A guy calls and is having trouble with a starter I sold him earlier. Car won't start unless he jumps it off his truck. I asked at least 3 times if his cables are clean and tight. Of course they are, I know what I'm doing.

OK, jump start it and bring it to the store so we can check it.

He opens the hood and I reach over and lift off the battery cable with my fingers, didn't even have to twist it. He looked really embarrassed, got in the car and drove off. Never did get an apology.
    =======
    I'd been fixing cars for years, but my first week on the job at a parts store a farmer comes in and requests "firing pins for a binder". Turns out he wanted plugs for an International Harvester tractor. I'd never heard of either of those terms.
    ========
    Lady comes in wanting the battery that she bought from us replaced. When we told her that wasn't our brand she went off on us. Yelled for 10 minutes and went home to get her son. He called us later to apologize. Seems she had traded that car off 4 years before but still thought it was our battery.

All true.

.bjb

27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Lady comes in, buys one quart of oil. Goes out to the parking lot and pops the hood. Okay that's fairly common. Comes in, buys another quart. Repeat 2 more times. I ask her, how low was that on oil? 4qts is alot to add. She said she thought so too but it still wasn't showing on the dip stick. I ask Herve few more questions and she seems to know what she is talking about. I watch her walk out and pull the radiator cap off and dump in one more quart..... 4qts of oil in the radiator before I could stop her.

28. customs by jason

customs by jason

i wonder how some of the people who come in change the parts they buy. i saw a group of guys come in and do a whole tune up in our parking lot he come in every 5 minutes to ask if he could borrow another tool did that for every tool he needed. As far as every parts store worker knowing everything you need for your car is crazy i know about old car parts cause i work on them but 90 percent of the people who come in those places have newer cars so your everyday parts worker who doesnt work on older cars or only works on newer cars has no idea on older stuff alot has changed. i hear alot of guys talking about going in to parts stores years ago and the parts guy knew what they need but in the 70s your 1952 chevy was just a used car its like someone coming in with a 1980s honda now we see alot of those so some of use know those part number off the top of our head.

29. I had a guy come in and ask for a "chevy coil". I asked was it for an early or late model chevy?
    He replies "I just need a coil for a chevy!" So I asked him what year, trying to get him what he wants. "A chevy coil, please!"

So I opened the book ( this is where you gasp and say damn, that musta been a long time ago) flipped to the back and started counting, one, two, three, four, five,---forty-one! I have forty-one chevy coils.
    Which one would you like?

"1970 Impala with a 350" he says.

Another satisfied customer...

30. There it is. Only took an hour and ten minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.