Register now to get rid of these ads!

Noob from PHX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Furious Styles, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Furious Styles

Furious Styles

Thought I would finally join here. I have been into cars since I was old enough to hold a hot wheels. Started wrenching on VW's in high school and still play around with them, but I have some Classic American Iron as well. I teach automotive to high school students, and spend much of the rest of my time doing something involving cars.

2. CanadianDream

CanadianDream
    from Phoenix

Welcome, just joined as well and from phoenix. On the hunt for my first build, and gotta say this site has been great.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Welcome guys! Furious Styles glad to see there is still Auto Shop in some schools there was a discussion on another forum where we talked about shop classes being scrapped from school budget cuts glad to see trades are still being taught.Canadian Dream,consider a '52-56 Ford car as a project they are still affordable and the HAMB 1952-56 Ford Social Group which I started in May of '09 has over a dozen members in the Phoenix area and a total membership of 650+ worldwide.

4. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Welcome from So.Cal. The only teacher I remember frrom high school (class of '65) was my auto shop teacher Mr. Parker.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. High School Shop saved me from losing interest in school. The automotive classes and later the vocational education I recieved got me back on track and prepared me for my current job and my favorite hobby. Keep up the good work. Maybe you can reach a few knuckle heads like I was.

6. welcome from up north! good to see yer teaching the kiddies! they better not cut shop classes.. not every kid wants to grow up to be an MBA and file TPS reports... lol

7. Furious Styles

Furious Styles

Thanks Guys, I too worry about budget cuts and the loss of Automotive classes, but for now they seem to be sticking around here in AZ. Hey JeffB2, I currently have a 54 ranch wagon as a project and my good friend has a 56 mainline that he daily drives and has been working on as well as well as another buddy who just picked up a 53 ford.

8. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome from Tennessee!

9. samba54

samba54
    from AZ

welcome from the west valley

10. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Cheers from the west valley as well!