Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Crosley old drag car find, flat head Cadilliac power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jul 30, 2011.

1. sololobo

sololobo

How about that thing, man what a monster cool rig. They are still out there kids. Outstanding, thanx so much for sharing with us. ~sololobo~

2. Very, very cool!

3. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Hey Brian, Did you get me a price on this yet? Todd

4. Wow, thats just cool.
    I hope a hamber gets it, and finishes it.
    Crosley's make great looking race cars.

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Garsh dammmit I would love to find a car like that!!!!

6. GARY?

GARY?

Any updates on the Crosley?

7. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I am suppost to go by there on my way home . But keep having other dirrections to go. Will post new photos in a few days.

8. metalman

metalman

Cool find. I'll bet they were planning not going to run the front sheetmetal, Comp coupe class?

9. EVANS and 3 97s

EVANS and 3 97s

I do not remember the guys name,but I visited his garage in the late 50s. He was a friend of Lou Kamp, a St Louis drag racer friend of mine.Every thing was much the way you show,and I vaguely remember his corvette which was almost new at the time. It was ordered with no radio or heater as it was for performance only,but not sure if it was intended for drag or road course sports car races that were popular here at the time. I have inquired among racers and car guys and no one had heard of this guy or his stuff. He lived in North County by Northland Shopping center,but thats about all I recall. Would like to know the story of how it was found and perchased,and the guys name. Good luck Dick

10. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

EVANS and 3 97s, I just talked to the owner of this car, Bob. And I sent you a private message . He would like to talk to you.

Very neet that you seen those cars back then. Bob owns the Corvett too.

11. I have this vision-

[​IMG]

12. Ebert

Ebert

Time to get off of the hemp, bro. (I know you are teasing!)

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

14. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Just talked to Bob. He said he would like to sell the Crosley. And set a price at $7500. Anyone intersted can pm me and I will give you his phone number. Thanks.

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I am going to look at it tomorrow. And will post some new pics after I do. I am not interested in buying it. Just to see a piece of history.

16. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Well went yesterday and looked at the Crosley. This thing is neet. Built in the late 50s. And has nice craftsmanship. The builder was a Tool and Die maker. So you know he has a attention to detail. And it shows in this car. The one pic is of thu the dash instrument hole , and it shows the swinging pedals set up. The intake and exhaust is a masterpiece in its self. All one piece.
    The lifter valley cover is chrome plated as well and the generator. This was headed to be a real nice car. All the motor , rearend and trans is all painted nice. The transmission is adapted to the Caddy mill with a home made adapter it looks real nice.

Attached Files: