Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tacoma, Washington to San Antonio, Texas!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64LeSabre455, Jul 18, 2011.

1. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

When Uncle Sam says it's time to go, I guess I have to listen. Tacoma has been my home away from home the last 7 years. (Thats a pretty long time to stay in one place) I would like to thank all of the NW HAMBers that have guided me on my path. 55 dude, rubberrodder, sprcheese, vein, sinister custom, hotrodscott2003, nine inch, and all the other folks, Thank You!

I would also like to thank all the HAMBers that supported me through my deployments(double Caddy, linconcontinental 2003, and all the others who sent words of encouragement.

I start my journey bright and early tomorrow morning. I will be travelling east through Montana, then cut south through Wyoming, Colorado, into New Mexico, then across the panhandle and south through Abilene. I hope to meet some of the folks on this board throughout my journey!

I will post pics on my voyage!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nave a good trip,get some before and after pics of that back bumper......:)

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Ha, it looks bad because the pass side tire is on an incline. I do plan on distributing some weight!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it's a bit low in the back to begin with.
    [​IMG]

I'd be figuring out how to get the rear of the Buick up a few inches before trying to go too far.

Good luck on the road trip, I wish I had taken a few minutes to stop and introduce myself when I was by your car.

What route are you taking out of Washington?

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Oh man I'm a misplaced Washitonian, get ready for some serious heat and forget about rain. With the summer you've been having in Washington that probably sounds good right now though. I'd give anything for some cooler temps and rain here in central Tx.

Regardless, I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy checking out the sites along the way!

6. slepe67

slepe67

Hey! I'm the dude from centerville mt you met on the way to billetproof. Good luck on your pcs and be safe man!

7. 36fred

36fred

Hey kimb82, have a nice trip, was great to talk to you at billetproof. Glad to see you didn't sell the buick. Fred

8. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I'm gunna miss you, Man. This country can join me, as I salute You. Thanks again for all you do for us. Drive safe, Neil. See you someday in the Lonestar state.

9. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dude! Ya gotta do somthing about the hight of that back bumper. Also how are ya gonna lock the steering wheel to keep the ride from dog tracking? Ya could mount some big assed tires on the rear just for the trip. Let me know how you like Texas .

10. glmke

glmke

good luck! have a safe trip.

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

good luck, hope it has a bumper on it when you get there..

12. vein

vein

Neil had a great time at hotrodorama! Glad to meet your family at the hamb and eggs! hope your trip is a swift and safe one! You will still be in the hot bed of car shows in TX. Keep in touch with us northwest guys, great bunch of guys here! Ill be following your thread! Safe trip my freind, Brian.

13. Y'all keep checkin' in on the N.W. board now an' then, y'hear! Best of luck on the way down south. Dont throw your neck out "rubber necking" at all the vintage tin along the roadside.

14. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Welcome to San Antonio, are you ready for no rain and 100+ degree weather? It's not so bad, you get used to it. Plus there are a lot of car events going on here.

15. Have a fun but safe trip, best of luck to you and your family. Thanks

16. Gimpapotamus

Gimpapotamus

Take your time coming down and enjoy the scenery. I lived in the Auburn area nearly my entire life. Im now in central TX. Get ready for some hot weather, friendly folks, good food, lots of hot rods, and the Lonestar Roundup!

17. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Well,I drove 600 + miles yesterday,and stopped in Great Falls to pick up my dogs!

Will continue on today. The rear bumper is still in one piece, I don't believe it scrapped once. The only carnage was I lost the caps for the rear u-joint.

Will post up photos later.

18. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Via con Dias. Be sure to let everone there know how much it rains here. Thanx again for all you do for all of us.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep us posted on the progress of the trip.

20. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Keep on,,,,and enjoy the drive......

21. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Nice. Have a safe drive.

22. ugotpk

ugotpk

Hope you find a better group then you were hang out with here! Rubber Rodder oh god.
    Texas is a great Hot Rod spot. Hope the best for ya.

23. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

what branch are you in? What base or Fort are you going too in San Antonio? I ask because I'm from there, I'm gonna be PCSing soon back home to Lackland AFB. We got a pretty good car scene down in SA, plus Austin is right up the road, and Dallas is an easy ride so is Houston for some of the best car shows in the nation.

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

How ya makin out there buddy?

25. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

[​IMG]

Almost home! Still have aways to go.
    Been bombin down the highway!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

I have finally begun to stabilize myself and the family. I now have half decent Internet to post an update.
    I have been in Texas for two weeks and have just acclimatized myself to the heat.
    Thank you all for the positive thought and concerns.

The picture I posted looked really low because of the angle of the tow dolly, and it was on an incline.
    [​IMG]

I left Tacoma bright and early to clear skies. Washington would not let me leave without a little rain.
    [​IMG]

I blasted through Idaho into Montana, where I spent the night and left the next day.
    [​IMG]
    On top of Rogers Pass, MT!

I blasted through Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Driving an Average of 18-20 hours a day.

[​IMG]
    My Faithful companion for the last 11 years.

[​IMG]
    I made it! (Only 14 hours left to my destination).

[​IMG]
    Early morning Breakfast stop!

The trip was uneventful and made it in good time. The only damage to the car was the rear u-joint. It came loose and drug for a little while.

[​IMG]

I wished I would have taken more pics, but it also would have been better if I had driven the Buick here. Thanks!

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

congrats on making it.. and enjoy the warmth. today it was 66 cloudy.. what a summer we are having..

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see that you and the pups made it ok.

29. vein

vein

Thats a long drive! glad you made it okay.

30. Keep in touch, and good luck.