Register now to get rid of these ads!

More fun at a Texas Tax Office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Hop Walla, Aug 5, 2011.

1. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Went to the Tax Office in Garland to get the title to a '41 Plymouth put into my name with YOM plates. Everything went smoothly.

Got the title a week later. Crap, it's titled as a '40.

Went back. Supervisor told me it was probably my fault.

I showed him a copy of the old title with '41 Plymouth on it.

Showed him the YOM plates with 1941 on them, which they approved.

He still denied any wrongdoing. And it's going to cost me $33 to get it fixed no matter what.

And the cherry on top was that he couldn't do anything about it because their computers were down. So I get to go back and stand in line again after I take another day off of work.

Serenity now.

dka

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

Guess you won't make that mistake again...

3. badshifter

badshifter

You should have titled it as a 1932 Ford. At least then you could sell the title to one of the many guys who come on here complaning they can't register their assembled cars!

4. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

This is one of those moments where everyone wants to share some advice. Of course, it's way late for you now.....BUT.....next time anyone is standing at the window (bank, DMV, etc) where you are getting important transactions done (ie money, legal docs, etc) take a moment and review what they just handed to you. I was lucky to catch a boo boo on their part one day, and there was no question about who was responsible. Once you walk away..... :(

Don't let the pressure of the folks standing in line behind you be a reason to neglect to check your stuff!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

True, Fortyfordguy, it's a legal document and has to be treated as such.

6. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Last time I was I did this, I'm not sure they give you much to look at. In texas the title gets mailed to you in a couple of weeks or so. So even if it was correct at the DMV, there's plenty of places for them to mess it up before it is in your hands.

7. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

i guess you went this past monday! i went stood in line till i got to the front.. lady "do you have your renewal notice with you?" me "uh no i have my insurance and i know my license plate number..." "Lady you will have to come back the computers are down.." waste of 40 min standing in line.. the didnt bother telling anyone till they got to the front.....

8. Took me THREE trys to get the VIN correct at the local DMV in FL, but it didn't cost me anything.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My last name is spelled wrong on the title on my 48. Even with all the paperwork correct some clerk at the state level did the typo. But when I lived in Central Texas some of the people down there would argue with me saying that I had spelled it wrong.

What does the registration slip that they handed you the day you went in and registered it say? 41 or 40? If it says 41 you know that the mistake was made later and not the day you registered it.

10. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

My slip says '41. I won't let it bother me. Just keep on living.

dka

11. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

@ John...Yep...Monday.

dka

12. SORRY....but damnit....read the shit they give you back - it was right there on the paper work they give you - what was going to be on the title....

13. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Sorry Stillrunners...but read my above post. My paperwork said '41. Damnit.

dka

14. Hopwalla, did you remind the inconsiderate bastard he/she works for you? For some reason many people in city, state, federal jobs think they're gods. I blistered one woman who was treating me like a leper. Now she won't wait on me but I get quick and friendly service from the others there. You can insist on a manager too.

15. caught...and guilty....replied without reading all your posts....damit....hope it works out and you don't have to pay any more.....

16. Pay the $33 and consider yourself lucky. Compared to what some of the guys on here go through with title problems, that's nothing.

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

You'd be better off to take a day off and run to a small town tag office, no line and friendlier people!!!!!

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Its not your fault, its because they only employ borderline invalids at our local Tax office. Been dealing with em for years and it never gets much better. Not only are they dumb they are often rude as well. Good luck, stay patient.