Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks Chapter Three...Serious Bidness...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

My wife had some very minor surgery today so I wasn't able to get anything done. Probably not tomorrow either. Well, not entirely true. I was able to get my engine mounts back from the chromer. And man, did they ever turn out nice!

Also, my buddy Dustin (sinticket) took my radiator to his buddy's shop to get checked out and have the bottom outlet moved. Good news there. The radiator had been previously (semi-recently) re-cored to a three core and looks excellent. I'll get it back tomorrow.

So now that I have a couple of days off taking care of the wifey, I'm going over in my head all the things that need doing to wrap this thing up. I hope to have the engine in permanently by this weekend. A bonus would be if I could also get the inner fenders painted by then as well. That's my plan anyway.

After that, its still the small things. The devil's in the details type things. Some gaskets on the engine, hooking the wiring back up, bolting the front end back on, getting the throttle linkage and tv rod working, getting the seat back in, pitman arm back on the steering box and wheel centered, and that's pretty much it.

So, I'm still shooting for trying to start it up weekend after next. Its really just three or four days of hard work. I hope the heat have lets up!

And thanks everybody for the encouragement and compliments. It really means a lot! Everybody who saw it in person tonight at shop night was digging it. That encouragement keeps me going! So thanks!!!!

2. Tell the misses to heal up quick. She's LOADS more important than some truck!

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks Brett! Just a minor outpatient in and out type deal. She's fine, just a little sore.

4. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

This thread is bothersome in sooo many ways!:D:rolleyes:

the trucks coming out great!
    hoping mrs. is good.

5. 57 3100

57 3100

i was wondering where you were terd.... chapter three.... subscribed...

6. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

i gotta quit looking at this before i pull my motor out and start working away.... Terd again, AMAZING JOB!

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks Willy!

I've been at the Iron Lords Hall Of Justice. :D

Thanks tater! But we'll see how amazing it is when its time to drive it, lol. :D I've got two weeks left on my deadline. I hope to start it up in a week from now. That'll give me a week to work out the bugs til school starts and I have to drive the kids around.

8. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thank goodness the hamb is back up. I was starting to get the shakes.

Anyway, on to more news. Yesterday I went by the shop and started to take apart that front clip to try to get the inner fenders separated in preparation for paint. I got about 50 bolts out and still nothing is apart, lol. What a complicated mess that front clip is!

Anyway, Jeremy showed up in the middle of that and with his help, we stuck the engine in for the final time!

Symmetry...
    [​IMG]

Wow! That thing looks nice in there!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I got that going for me. I'll go up there later today or tonight and finish getting that front end apart. Maybe. If I'm lucky. Hopefully, all that stuff will be painted by the end of the weekend. Like the Stones (and later the Crowes) said, time will tell.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's bad ass right there, it does a heart good to see these builds happening so close to home...

10. el shad

el shad

Holy shit, Terd! That looks GREAT!

11. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Terd it looks outstanding, really happy for you man.

12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Now that is a thing of beauty!!! Congrats Terd I am so happy for ya man!! Officially the nicest engine in NC, I'd say.

Let me know if he gets that Generator and Starter rebuilt today. JearBear and I are hitting the '35 today and tomorrow.

14. KILLER, Kev! Plumb outta da park!

15. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

That is freaking sweet! nice work. you sure are lucky to have buddies to help you out and cheer you along.

16. cougarmike

cougarmike

Lookin quite jewelly. bayad ass

17. Pheonominal!!! Got to see it today in real life. Unreal!

Great job guys. You make me way proud.

BloodyKnuckles

18. Wow looks great Terd!! The white, pink and chorme all really work together well that is going to be an engine bay that pops.

19. Muttley

Muttley

I sometimes wonder that myself........then I grunt a little harder.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You silly bitch Muttley.:D:D:D

21. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

[​IMG]

22. hotdamn

hotdamn

way to steal my thunder terd...

23. hotdamn

hotdamn

hahaa, I said thunder terd:D

24. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

Ya' know...that thing really is pretty damn cool. Looks good.

25. Shawn M

Shawn M

I won't even try to compete with you guys on coolest looking engines, I'll just have to try to be faster!

Terd, it almost looks to good to crank :eek:

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You know us Iron Lords. Bad ass cars and bad ass dudes that are really just a bunch of sweethearts. That's my favorite thing about our club. All them guys have such good taste! Wait til JJ's coupe is done. Wait til the other JJ's Merc is done. Wait til Del's '54 is done. And et cetera. We don't have many finished cars yet, but when we do, I'd put 'em up against anything anywhere.

Thanks shad!!

Thanks Kevin! It means a lot.

Damn dude is damn right! The best part is I get to look at it and its mine. Its all MINE!!!!

Thanks Brett! I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but I feel like I knocked it outta one park and into another park in another city. What I mean is I've been able to do waaaaaay more than I thought I was capable of. And I'm still smiling right now just thinking about it.

Thanks! I can't emphasize enough how right you are about being lucky. I am soooo lucky to be a part of such a killer club. The club is killer because the guys in it are killer. Each and every one. There's no way, and I mean NO WAY that I could've done 1/4th of what I've done without help and guidance from my fellow club members. I just didn't possess the skills.

Now I am becoming quite dangerous. And I have to thank the other guys for that. Especially Jeremy for all the time he's put in helping me and educating me. And he doesn't just do that for me, he does it for everybody. He is one dedicated member and it shows!

But I'd be quite wrong to not mention again that every guy in our club is the coolest. I mean, they just are. Its like a perfect storm of personalities and abilities come together to wreak havoc and make noise.

Jewelly. That's a new one, haha! :D Thanks bud!!

Thanks Ron! You're making me blush (to steal a line from Del). :D

Thanks K! I have to thank JeffreyJames (in my avatar) for the color combo inspiration. He knows the ins and outs of the color wheel. He helped me pick out a pretty good purple for the outside last weekend that incorporates some shade of magenta to tie into the pink. He is awesome!

I don't know about the nicest engine is NC. But I'm really REALLY happy with it. Bring your extra genny (and I'll bring mine) to the breakfast along with the missing starter parts and I'll get them to the guy on Monday.

Dude, you never disappoint. Always right on time with the jokes!!!:D

Ahahahaha! Thunder Terd! :D You know you're my hero!!!

Thanks!!

Don't sell yourself so short. You won't have to try to hard to be faster so long as I have that worn out rear end, lol. :D

And I agree it does almost look too good to crank. For a second, and just a second, I had thoughts of making a coffee table out of the engine, haha!

27. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Now for today's update, I took JJ's generator and starter to the local genny and starter guru. Dustin (sinticket) also dropped off my radiator fresh from the shop.

I didn't get much else done because I had to take the wifey back to the doctor which ended up in the ER. No worries, nothing serious. Just something they couldn't do in the office and the ER is right next door to the doctor. I was met with hours of boredom interrupted by a mentally ill man screaming obscenities. Fun evening.

I had hoped to get to the shop to do some work after the doctor visit but the unexpected side trip to the hospital made that not happen. Me and the wifey stopped by the shop for a minute on the way home because we saw Del's Edsel out front.

So Delton was inside taking apart my front clip. What a sweet thoughtful surprise that was. That's what I had wanted to get done tonight. Even though I couldn't my buddy made sure it happened anyway. What a guy!

My plans for tomorrow and the rest of the weekend is to get the inner fenders and rad support in paint. I've got to wire wheel them first and fill a small hole in one inner fender. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

28. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

[​IMG]

so, officially Queen of trucks now? ;) nice job!

29. Clearly he knows color. And fashion. You don't come up with an outfit like he's wearing if you don't!!:D

30. squirrel

squirrel

damn that's looking nice! Like they said, you're lucky to where you are and have friends like that

Fun stuff right there. I've put that task off for years at a time....but I know you'll get it done....it's gonna be so nice to drive this thing!