Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DD

DD
    from illinois

Know what you are going through first hand. I had prostate cancer 12 years ago,made it though that. I have to go monday and have tests run on my throat. waiting to see what happens. I want to start a model a project, but I have to wait and see. Keep your head up, You can live without prostate. And always get second opion, it saved my life..........Dwayne

2. onebigdog

onebigdog
    from ca

Don't give up, God is the "Great Physician" He hears your prayers and ours for you, He will give you strength for your journey. There's a song that says "Sometimes God calms the storm, and other times God calms the one going through the storm" Keep workin on your truck, loving your wife and family, embrace each hour that you are alive and well. You are in my prayers as well. A nor-cal friend.

3. a40lover

a40lover

Hang in there freind,you can beat the BIG C. I did and have been "cancer free" for close to 19 years now. Keep a good atatude and you too can beat this.

4. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Prayers up for ya bro....

5. mkrog1

mkrog1
    from Austin Mn

My wife had a operation for lung cancer back in Jan and now she is cancer free,thanks to the people at Mayo.It does not seem to be the killer it was a few years ago.sister in law had breast cancer twice about 6-7 years ago and she is doing fine.Hung in there dude.

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

I'm 19 months clean after two neck surgeries and 2 months of daily radiation. I know it's scary but ya just gotta hang in there and make the best of it... I quickly figured out that's 'the fight' they are always talking about.

7. fbama73

fbama73

Your attitude will play a huge part in your prognosis. I have a sister-in-law who has handed liver cancer (high mortality) its ass for several years. She just keeps on doing what she likes to do, and when it tries to get her down, she gets busy with something.

It's a nasty hand to be dealt- I'm not downplaying it. Keep fighting, and keep doing what you like to do. If treatments get you feeling crappy, do as much of it as you can. Don't give it anything for free- if it's going to take anything from you, make it fight for it. I've also enlisted in the prayer army for you.

8. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hey man,
    Not so sure I would go thru the standard treatment, without a second opinion at least, here is something you might want to look into, I am sure there are plenty of natural cures, but I know this one chemical that can help,,
    Chile Peppers,, do some research of your own too,, I have had 3 colonoscopies already, I am 57 and my colon and prostrate are fine,,
    check this out,
    "Help Stop the Spread of Prostate Cancer

Red chili peppers' capsaicin, the compound responsible for their pungent heat, stops the spread of prostate cancer cells through a variety of mechanisms, indicates a study published in the March 15, 2006 issue of Cancer Research . Capsaicin triggers suicide in both primary types of prostate cancer cell lines, those whose growth is stimulated by male hormones and those not affected by them. In addition, capsaicin lessens the expression of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), inhibits the ability of the most potent form of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, to activate PSA, and directly inhibits PSA transcription, causing PSA levels to plummet.

The dose effective for test animals was equivalent to 400 milligrams of capsaicin, three times a week, for a man weighing about 200 pounds. After four weeks of receiving capsaicin, prostate cancer tumor growth and size decreased significantly in the animals. One warning: Excessive intake of hot chilies has been linked to stomach cancer, so don't go overboard."

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=29

9. Keep up the good attitude. You don't yet know what the outcome will be. My dad (age 94 now) had bad prostrate cancer many years ago, survived it, got cancer again, survived it again, now has colon cancer, but the doc says his body will give out before the cancer gets him. You may very well have a bunch of years left. Just keep the positive attitude. Nevertheless, you are now on my prayer list. I am a firm believer in miracles.

10. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Give it hell!!!! I cant imagine the Dr. saying those words to me, but if he did, I would give it hell... this life is already too short, and cost of living keeps going up which makes it shorter. I will keep you in my prayers brother....

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Keep thinking positive. You can see from lots of the posts on here how many people have gone through something similar and are still here years later to tell about it. I know it's tough, but keep fighting. Your friends on here are pulling for you. :)

Don

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  12. try and keep your thoughts positive and that will help in your fight! i'm a 20 year survivor of cancer and you need to come to the next H&E breakfast with the N.W. hambers and i will cover your breakfast dude!

13. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Going in to the Doc Today to Find Out the Results Of My Biopsies...I Just Hope all Is going to be Ok...Thanks For All Of The Love and Support from My Fellow Hambers...Have a great day All...

14. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

Good luck man, stay positive and PLEASE keep us posted!

15. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Sorry to hear about the battle with Cancer.

I lost my right eye last year to Skin Cancer and ever three months I am still having tests.

Right now they have found another spot in my other eye that needs to be monitored.

good luck and enjoy your life day by day

JM

16. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hoping for the best outcome!

17. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Damn man, I can't even imagine....just keep pushin and get that baby done. You can make it just need to keep your mind off the c word and focus on spending time with friends and family and doing what you love. For must of us on here our dream is and will always be to get the car or truck fixed up exactly how we always pictured it and let it blow peoples minds at car shows or at the track or whatever the car was built for! Keep your eye on that dream, because your wrenches will be the most powerful weapon you have to help you make it through. I look forward to seeing your completed truck!!

18. My prayers are with you. There are so many new treatments out there, you're bound to get passed this. Be strong.
    RB

19. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

i am not second guessing any of what has been said. as i wrote earlier am a PC survivor coming up on my 36 mos checkup. i heartily recommend looking into proton therapy for your PC. secondly i think you need to seek a second opinion! Third you need to become better informed as to what it is you have and what treatments are available! sounds to me like you are taking the easy way out!

20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Ya I know how you feel, had another brain scan last Friday with that shit they pump into you and go in today at 1:30 to see about the results, really ain't looking forward to it.
    I just get so fucking tired of all the tests, doctors, results,now we'll do this or do that.
    I need a damm schedule to keep all the appointments and shit straight.

"Golden Years" my ass !

21. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Results where not good..I definately have cancer...7- 10 years without treatment..Lots more without a woody...Oh the years should be great...I guess Shit does happen..before you die...I really don't give a Rats Ass...I got A Friggin Truck to Build....You Guys Are The Best...Thanks Scot

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Not sure what to say, Bud. Wish the news would have been different, but I would strongly urge you to get more opinions. There are Doctors and then there are Doctors. Please look into some alternative methods, and do lots of research to see what others have to offer. We see stories all the time where one Dr says a person has 3 months to go and yet another Dr takes and aggressive stance and changes that all.

You are a little younger than me, but the older I get the more philosophical I become. If anything were to happen to me tomorrow I really wouldn't have much to complain about. I've had a good life, got to enjoy a great family, and so many people haven't had that good fortune. You sound like you are a hell of a guy, who has enjoyed a good life, and who has been given a bump in the road. Don't give up yet, do everything you can to find a solution, and keep us posted on how it is going. We care. :)

Don

23. Big Jon

Big Jon

Mate , i feel for you. Having been there this year. They all thought it was cancer ,However i ended up with a different result (lung and liver disease for the rest of my life however long that will be) times will be tough but for family we just have to get up and get going every morning. the emotions will be fairly strong at the moment, it took some months for me to get over the kick in the guts. no one can really appreciate the feelings until they have had the news . I have made some changes in my life to remove stress , change job and work less hours (down side is less money) we can cope as a family and it makes me feel better not sure if better is the right word but able to cope.
    don't know what to say except give it arseholes and do what you have to do.

Jon

24. Davyj

Davyj

Power of positive thinking............go with all the power they put into the treatments and keep that chin up! Lots here will be placing prayers before the support team upstairs. It sounds like you already have a bigger smile than the last while. It can be beaten, and you can finish that dream ride too!

25. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

My prayers are with you today! And continued prayers for your healing...
    Hold on to your FAITH!!! It's all we really have! Enjoy the days ahead and may God give you the strength to knock this thing out....God Bless!!!:D

26. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Those were the worst words my doctor told me, but I have to agree that there is no substitute for positive thinking when going through this. Some days it's tough, but you have to keep going, and KEEP WORKING ON YOUR PROJECT !!
    Time goes by so much better, and your project keeps your mind off of the bad stuff that's going on in your life, along with still getting the needed exercise to help keep you going through your procedure. You don't want to let yourself get too weak and rundown by just sitting around!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you!!

Jim

27. Scot...
    Sorry to hear your news but that attitude right there will do more for your morale than anything else. Wish you lived closer, I'd come give you a hand on your trucks. My F1 is about ready to hit the road and I'm gonna be sittin' around twiddling my thumbs soon...

I probably said this earlier but knowledge is power and with the Internet the knowledge base is endless.

My wife wanted the most aggressive treatment possible with her brain tumor and she paid little concern to the possible mental deficits which were very risky. We went through a few doctors to find one to meet her goals. (brain surgery while she was awake and testing brain functions during the tumor resection) A couple of doctors pretty much gave her a death sentence and said surgery was out of the question because of the location. Our research paid off in my wife's case.

Doctors are only humans with a trained opinion. They can't and don't know everything. I kinda like the younger ones as they seem to keep up better with new information, treatments, have more compassion and more desire to cure the patient.

Whatever road you choose, live your life as close as possible to the way you want. Damn the torpedos and full steam ahead.

~Mark

28. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Amen, I agree with LowKat

29. cprteacher

cprteacher

Scot,
    Even though I'm a FNG to this forum, I wanted to let you know that cancer is very beatable. I'm a 5 year survivor of stage 3-b colon cancer and am finally back to putting in an 8 hour day! Make sure you get a second opinion on the treatment your PCP or oncologist recommends. Other minds can give a different view of treatment.
    It will get better and I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck and if you need an ear to speak in, send me a PM.
    Bill
    PS note that I refuse to capitallize the word cancer. It doesn't deserve the honor.

30. tylerbrasher

tylerbrasher

praying for ya man.