Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup #10: 2 month Warning + Announcement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and memories everyone!

yeah... and the Road Block, and Symco Shakedown, and Vintage Torque Fest, and the Scrap Drive, and the Bombs Away Bash, and the Rust Revival, and the Meltdown Drags, and the Hunnert Car Heads Up Drags, and the Road Rockets Rumble, and... oh wait, I guess those don't count as shows run by HAMBers that are pretty much limited to traditional hot rods and good music within a few hours' drive of Chicago. :)

2. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Me and my wife first went to the Pileup in '04, to take some "gas" money to Plowboy because they shut down his credit card because "someone was trying to swipe his identity". We've been back every year since. Thank you for a great time!!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks Hellfish!
    It's funny - Rust Revival is already 5 years old - and it still seems to get forgotten........perhaps because of the location ...I guess many Chicago people are unwilling to drive more than 50 miles away from the metropolis.???....
    At any rate - Relix Riot is another show that Chicago people can support.
    Takes place at the Gilmore Auto Museum (an amazing location for a show) and the Relix guys are really a cool bunch that DRIVE thier cars all over the country.
    you can see pix of this show here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515955&page=3

it is just 163 miles from Chicago...........
    Wayland is 293 miles from Chicago......
    so honestly I dont see why more people from Chicago dont hit the Relix Riot up.
    It really is a great show - IF you enjoy shows like the Pile Up, Symco, Scrap Drive, Bombs Away Bash, Rust Revival etc........

4. slammed

slammed

Here, Here! Aye, second the motion!! Make this one THEE one, pitch in and fly right.

5. Czars, I have been to every show since #3 when Cheater Carl turned me on to your show (and the HAMB for that matter!)

My children have been to #3-8 and have learned to love hot rods and kustoms party because of the atmosphere you created. We will always have great memories of your shows!

Hunnert Car Heads up is only six miles away for me at my home track, so that gives me an awesome local event.

That being said, you've made a grown man cry. But, thanks for everything. I'm looking forward to #10!

Attached Files:

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I don't mind our show staying I'n the 300-400 car range John! It's perfectly fun I'n that range. The rain kept a lot away this yr so we were down to under 300, but it was the most laid-back it had been for a couple yrs! Next yrs show will have a secial place for rats so there I'n there own area. Just to stop the bitching!;) I NEVER EVER want a show thats to much to handle like the pileup, etc! I never started it to make money or retire from it, just wanted to pay for itself and have a hoot! And thats just what it is! Btw, we do get folks from chitown! Course there mainly chrome czars, but what the hey!!!!:D
    Man, I'm gonna miss the PU! my fav show on earth! :cool:

QUOTE=coolstuff;6821414]Thanks Hellfish!
    It's funny - Rust Revival is already 5 years old - and it still seems to get forgotten........perhaps because of the location ...I guess many Chicago people are unwilling to drive more than 50 miles away from the metropolis.???....
    At any rate - Relix Riot is another show that Chicago people can support.
    Takes place at the Gilmore Auto Museum (an amazing location for a show) and the Relix guys are really a cool bunch that DRIVE thier cars all over the country.
    you can see pix of this show here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515955&page=3

it is just 163 miles from Chicago...........
    Wayland is 293 miles from Chicago......
    so honestly I dont see why more people from Chicago dont hit the Relix Riot up.
    It really is a great show - IF you enjoy shows like the Pile Up, Symco, Scrap Drive, Bombs Away Bash, Rust Revival etc........[/QUOTE]

7. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Sad to see it go, but totally understand why....

You still have the HCHU... & Meltdown Race Series.....that will keep you all busy!

-Fugitives-

8. Choptop

Choptop

no, no, no... Billetproof bought GoodGuys... geeeez keep it straight would ya? ;)

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I <3 you... :)

10. Just saw this thread. I am just happy I got to wear a Red Shirt at least once. Met a ton of you fools who I now consider friends.

11. davidh73750

davidh73750

Originally Posted by monsterflake [​IMG]
    i think i speak for a lot of people when i say, keep your rat rod shit-box and four door grandma cars at home or accept the fact that this show just isn't for you. let's try to keep the last one in the spirit in for which it was intended. just because you can get in, doesn't necessarily mean you should be in.

i'm pretty sure the issue isn't the majority of hamb people that go, but the goofballs that want to be part of a *scene* and and are not really car guys. don't be a dick, head straight the spectator lot and don't make the volunteer's jobs any harder...

I know a lot of guys on here who have 4 doors, myself included. When you say grand ma car is that any 4door? Or bone stock 4 doors?
    There's a lot less stigma with 4 doors these days as you can see by the build threads on here but with that saying I know the older guys who were around when these 4 doors were new often refer to them as only parts cars. But what can be more annoying than a bonestock 72 4dr LTD trying to get into a Hamb friendly show and being pissy when it doesn't. Others Feel free to chime in.
    I won't even give that other "shit box" category, cobbled up junk, horrible welds, shock value stuff name recognition.
    If my car does or doesn't get in I'll enjoy the show either way its a 55 mordor

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's because I had not heard about it until now!!! Things move a little too fast on the HAMB sometimes. There are a couple of other cool MI shows that I have never been able to make, and should have mentioned above... and now can't remember their names. Anyway, too bad Relix moved the show to August when it's hotter. That's one thing I'll miss about the Pileup, all the nice, cool weather. I hate wiping sweat off chrome.

David, I think Monsterflake was referring to basically stock 4-doors. People try to get in with anything old, and try to pass off any spring-sagging rust pile as a "custom" because Mother Nature did some work for them. That's why we added "a minimum of 2 intentional permanent modifications" to the Pileup's criteria list last year. :) There's nothing wrong with a nicely built 4 door.

13. D-man313

D-man313

Will my truck make it in??

This will be my dad and I's second pileup, with the first being #8. Our first pileup was a great one. Not having my truck at the past two, i would really like to be able to drive in.

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, what a night! I think that was my favorite Pileup by far. I LOVED that little bar in Morris and the tight quarters made it lots of fun. I'm sad you won't be at the last. Anything I can do to change your mind....first rounds on me :D

What about BilletProof Detroit?? AWESOME event at an AWESOME location yet pulls no one from the Chicago area?? Just baffles me.

15. davidh73750

davidh73750

More shows need to adopt this!

Trailers are NOT allowed!
    Vehicles seen at Progress City on a trailer will not be allowed into the show, not even in the parking lot. The only exception to this rule is race cars and projects cars that are not street legal (e.g., dragsters) and who have received pre-approval from the Chrome Czars.

16. silent rick

silent rick

we came out the first year. stayed in your basement too, thank you. met bobk for the first time also. his accommadations were slightly better than ours. i'm still freaked out thinking naked guy might have sat on the couch i slept on.

17. Damn... wanted to get another project done for that show!

It's come a long way from when it was held at "Marty and Sons" bodyshop....

Oh well... see you at the "Heads Up"!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wasn't that the night she painted my ass?

19. Ebert

Ebert

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

I guess that's up to you! It looks like it's in pieces now. PM me a description and I can give you an idea. Those wheels would not keep you out unless they are larger than 15"

The problem with BilletProof Detroit is that it is always on the same weekend as the Blacktop Barons' Road Block. The Barons are really good friends of ours and they always volunteer a LOT of hours at the Pileup AND the Heads Up, so we do what we can to support them. So, unless one of those 2 shows changes dates, they'll be lacking the Czars & the Barons. Not sure about the rest of the Chicago area.

There's also Sins of Steel in Detroit, which looks like a great show, but I've never been able to make. I hope to be able to start hitting some new shows (for me) next year.

Heh! We've turned away a LOT of cars because of that... but people always find ways around the rules. I've turned away cars who tried to unload at the site, or arrived on a trailer, were turned away, came back off the trailer, and got turned away again for showing up the first time on a trailer!

21. monsterflake

monsterflake

i really don't want to get into a debate about 2 door vs 4 door. i know WHY guys have 'em. they're cheaper and easier to find, but they're ALWAYS gonna be the red-headed stepchildren.

that being said, i'd check this one out...

[​IMG]

and hope this one heads right to the parking lot...

[​IMG]

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

M'flake... both of those look pretty stock other than their wheels. I'm not so sure I'd let either one in. :)

TheRumble at the Dump in Marshall, MI is another MI show that I've wanted to check out, but have never been able to make it to

23. Look closer, the hood gunsights are filled and of course the Vette grille;):rolleyes:

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're right! It's a little easier when the car is sitting in front of me. :)
    The Comet still looks like a stocker with lowrider wires

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Actually it's not. BilletProof Detroit in 2010 and 2011 was the third Saturday in May AND it moved to a GREAT new location in 2010. You would really enjoy it. The event is lacking the nighttime activities like HCPU but there is strong possibilies that it will come around as the little downtown area that it's now held in has a few awesome bars with outdoor seating and stuff.

Very fond memories. :D
    You are welcome to lay your head on my couch any time.

I believe the ass and bobbie painting was during an Autorama party.:eek:

Perhaps GG Indy in Sept?? xoxox

26. Chris 50

Chris 50

Whether spectating, participating, working or some combination of these, I've been lucky enough to attend every Pileup. I can remember seeing the first one in the planning stages right here on the HAMB. It's amazing looking back on 10 years of the HCP and 10 years of life gone by. It's been a motivating force to get a couple of my cars roadworthy. It's always been a must attend event for me and is just as much about being with my friends as it is about the cars. I have great memories of this show through the years and look forward to adding a few more for the 10th. Thank you Czars, Redshirt Army, Marty & Sons, and everyone that has had a hand in making this such a fun filled event year after year. I sure am going to miss it.

27. 55chieftain

55chieftain

So how do we get pre approved? My 55 gasser has no registered license plates and no exhaust except for headers. I trailered it up to Meltdown Drags and ran there . If you don't want my car there just because I have to trailer it there I guess this show isn't for me...

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

Oh, so it's the same weekend as the Rust Revival now... also run by friends and supporters of the Pileup. I couldn't make either this year! Hopefully next year I will be able to make one of them. The Rust Revival is great, and BP-D sounds fun. May-Sept there is a show almost every weekend!

Drag racing events are very different from car shows. Did you trailer it to the Hunnert Car Heads Up?? You should have! :D The Meltdown and Heads Up were part of a drag series, ya know.

Cars that CAN make it to the Pileup on their own are not welcome on trailers. Cars were meant to be DRIVEN. There are exceptions, however... like race cars that are not street legal. We've had a lot of drag cars over the years. Don't get whiney. Like it says on the site (and above), contact the Czars for pre-approval, but I'll be pro-active and send you a PM. :)

29. BStoltz

BStoltz

well if this is the last one i have got to go..... i have wanted too for years but never made the trek...

30. silent rick

silent rick

remember pileup#4, the second one in morris. we were checking out the cars friday night outside fools before going in. out of the corner of my eye i spot some movement in the window above the sandwich shop next to the bar. there in the apartment above was a young lady painting the walls in nothing but a bra. the steps on the police station across the street didn't go high enough to afford a better view. after awhile, mikey said if she were to sneeze, she would hear a few dozen guys yell up, bless you.