Register now to get rid of these ads!

awesome t coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodent69, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firingorder1

firingorder1

When I look at that car I'm taken back to the 60s. And has been posted here there are many cars that were built in that style back then. To say it isn't traditional is a crock. Perhaps to someone born in 1990 it isn't what was traditionally built in 2001. If that car isn't traditional and hamb friendly what is? A Brookville bodied, TCI framed, crate motored A perhaps?

2. High level of execution? Like the teflon tape showing on the right front brake line fitting?:rolleyes:

The car and owner are trying too hard. At least Plowboys had the chrome on the headers browned and we have seen it move under its own power.

3. moonman29

moonman29

Thats what I'm saying. I see the car for the quality of the work and the time and dedication it took. There are some aspects and details I personally dont like but i can get past that and see the entire car a a whole.

4. oj

oj

It sure is purdy!

5. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

man you got that right,this whole traditional bs is out of hand,like if i dont have a weakling flathead that makes 100 hp in my car im not traditional.my dad is 70 years old as well as a lot of his friends that grew up drag racing and building hot rods,he tells me they always tried to build the fastest cars they could.lets see 85 hp flatty ...hmmm 300 hp sbchevy,wonder what he and his buddies all tried to put in there hot rod?there were waiting lists at jukyards to get used small block chevies,not flat heads.does traditional mean busted wore out old shit or what?im building a 29 ford on a 32 frame,but it will be fast and safe .dont know how well 40 ford drum brakes will slow me from 120 mph+ ,so maybe ill use some discs so i dont die.you think in 1946 if you could buy a good disc brake setup for your car you wouldnt ?gimme a break thats what they used cause they had too.im not saying a billet clad hot pink prostreet 40 deluxe is my cup of tea but ill take some modern safety items as well as speed parts ill not give up.3 duces looks cool ,6 is cooler but my single foour barrel will kick your ass all over town.keep building slow ass non stopping death traps ,ill stay fast and safe

6. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

heres my dads 32 .im sure ill hear about the coilovers .but he likes the ride .looks pretty traditional but im sure there be some naysayers .he does get some points for runnin the qc .

Attached Files:

7. 117harv

117harv

I love my slow death trap:D

8. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

I really like this car and have seen it in person several times.

As for all the DRAMA, I think it is so funny when half the goobers in here talk trash about everyone else's cars but their cars are terds as well. Half the time, their cars are called "ratrods" by others who attend shows.

I love the talent and knowledge of so many people in here but some of you guys have a "holier than thou" attitude. You wonder why more younger guys aren't getting into the "traditional" scene, well it's because we get barked at for not being as perfect as some of you! Once you bark at people enough, they tend to stray. It's sorry to see a few bad apples ruin what is a great forum.

9. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

couldnt have said it better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.