Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stan Smith finally joined

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by StanSmith, Aug 2, 2011.

1. StanSmith

StanSmith
    from AZ

Howdy!

I'm a car guy like the rest of you with very diverse interest in cars. I'll spill the brain out here to give you an idea.

· I have a racing backgrouind and believe that form is function.
    · I like all forms of racing but do not have a heavy emphasis on drag racing as many hot rodders do.
    · I do love drag racing but always prefer heads up as its about going as fast as you can.
    · I am a big crossover with a heavy background in dirt oval racing.
    · I have been involved in road racing but do not consider myself a Wine N Cheezer.
    · Drifting SUCKS. If you want to see good SIDEWAZE go see a good dirt track race.
    · Speaking of that I love Sprint Cars but would pass them up for a good Midget race anytime.
    · If I were to build a Roadster and I may in the future it would be a Track Roadster although Id run it in vintage road races just to rile the Perrier racers who didnt realize that the Hot Rodders could and did woop up on the specials often in the day.
    · I am glad Ferrari pissed off Ford by refusing to sell to them in the 60's and therefore we have an entire racing history to look back on with Ford putting it to them and using a bottomless budget to do so with.
    · I believe Fran Hernandez was an amazing man who did great things in racing and for Mercury. RIP Fran.
    · I like all brands as everyone made something worth owning at some point.
    · I dont believe in trailer Queens
    · I dont believe in Rat Rods.. if your still working on it.. or you pulled something out of the junkyard and put it back on the road with some patina thats great.. just dont take the muratic acid and rust something up on purpose or primer your new ride and tell me its done.
    · Low riders are fine but don’t drag it on the ground on purpose with your air bags.
    · I'll own a Ford Falcon before a Mustang but will wish I ALSO had a Mercury Comet.
    · I'd have a Chevy II over a Camaro.
    · I like 56 Chevys over 57’s but a 55 made the best looking Stock Cars.
    · I have fond memories if seeing a guy at a local dirt track arrive towing his 56 Chevy Stock Car with a 56 Chevy street car and matching flames.
    · I like Wagons, but not only 2 door wagons and love Austrailian Utes.
    · I prefer to shift my gears always and I rarely buy anything with a slush box unless its for my Wife.
    · Fabricators are awesome people.
    · I believe in doing it right or not doing it.
    · I don’t understand people that are only ever aware of new cars.
    · Black is the NEW BLACK.
    · I wont put a Chevrolet in a Ford or vise versa.. but I might put it in something else.
    · Power to weight ratio means everything.
    · Gas Prices Suck
    · The asphalt on Pikes Peak Sucks.
    · My car is not a place to haul a my stereo around in.
    · I could give a shit how may USB ports or cupholders the new cars have.
    · Bondo means you didn’t work hard enough to get it straight.
    · A grinder is for cleaning up the metal before you weld and not to grind off that booger you just laid down.
    · Paint.. not Stickers
    · If you want to know if a guy is a real pin striper.. check his fridge out!

That’s the brain spill. I wont get into what I own or am working on currently and will save that for the posts now that I have finally decided to jump in here rather than continue to be a lurker.
    SS

2. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Wow Stan you laid it all out there. Welcome to the HAMB from a Buckeye.

3. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome.. I thought at first Stanley Smith.. The guy with the twin 56 was Named Swartslander. He later built a very nice Elcamino.. Later Bobby//..

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Lots of good, random thoughts, Stan. Welcome from Rowlett, Texas. I know a few things when I can think of them.........................

5. Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. Stan!

6. StanSmith

StanSmith
    from AZ

Glad to be here guys.. Thank you very much for the Welcome!

I have always appreciated the wealth of information here!

SS

7. pumpman

pumpman

Well, after reading your intro I guess damn near everything was covered. Welcome for Union Pier, MI. Stan!

8. rusty bill

rusty bill

Welcome from Monitor,Wa. I think I have been briefed!

9. Old&Low

Old&Low

Wecome from New Mexico Stan!

10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Well OK! Everybody's got to be somewhere ... welcome from another Zonie

Barry

11. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Welcome from Colorado, sounds like you got good taste in cars:D

12. Welcome to the HAMB! When I saw your title, I wondered if my dad joined since that is his name too...

13. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Tennessee!

14. As my brother said...Welcome "Dad"! ;)