Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photoshop/design help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Aug 2, 2011.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You might remember a couple years ago, I had a 4 door 54 Lincoln I had for a parts car, that was too nice to waste, so I decided to give it to my GF's grandson, as a project. Well, due to "personal" problems, he dropped the ball on it, and after offereing it to my niece, and then the GF's nephew, and getting disappointed AGAIN, the original youngster, now 17, wants another shot at earning it, and learning to work on it. He's here for a couple weeks, so we might get something done on it. It has already recieved a narrowed Camaro sub, as chronicaled in a thread back 2 summers ago, and a small block chevy, from an Impala parts car I had. All budget minded improvements, as he doesn't have a lot to spend (actually I'm spending, he's going to have to work off the debt by helping me on my projects)
    So, we were brainstorming a bit, and the original plan was to use a 2 door hardtop roof I wasn't going to use, and an extra set of 2 door doors, and convert it froma 4 door sedan to a 2 door hardtop.
    But then we started thinking of making it a bit more "exotic".
    A couple options, using parts i already have, would be to do a phantom Lincoln sedan delivery (as I really dig deliveries, so does he) I have an extra roof and door off of a 50 CHevy delivery. The curvature and lines look like they might be a good swap on the Linc, and we really wouldn't have to change out the doors, as sedan deliveries used the fornt doors off a 4 door sedan.
    The other option would be to put a Nomad roof on it. I've got a couple, and this, too would probably look like it belongs, thoug I'm not sure aobut crossing the GM/ Ford design lines. I'd have to see it, can't really imagine it.
    That's where i need some help and inspiration.
    Can anyone take a 54 Linc and photoshop an early 50's Chevy delivery roof, or a 55-7 Chevy Nomad roof onto it? I know it wouldn't be as easy as changing wheels, but I know we have some damn talented guys here.
    Thanks in advance!
    If one of these looks good, and the kid agrees, we will really attempt to build this!

2. If you can find a couple of decent side photos, its no problem.

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Here are some I found. If they aren't good enough, I'll search some more.
    Thanks James D...love your work on my buddy Jim's Telstar!

Attached Files:

4. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Here's a version using original rear glass. And one without

Attached Files:

• 54.jpg
      54.jpg
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    • 54x.jpg
      54x.jpg
      File size:
      104.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

5. Here´s a version with the Chev delivery roof, as near as I can figure it...

[​IMG]

6. Jdee

Jdee

Just an overlay ..

Attached Files:

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hmmm, Not sure it looks as good as I imagined. Though I DO like James D's version of the Nomad. Maybe as a delivery, it might need to be chopped a couple inches to be in proportion.
    Anway, thanks guys, I appreciate the help!

8. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

"Ghettoshop", aka MS Paint (the best I can do)

'54 Ford Delivery roof on '54 Lincoln...

Attached Files:

9. Don't laugh! I use MSPaint to "ghetto-shop" all the time!!! I can't afford a copy of PhotoShop and have gotten rather good at it!!! Maybe we should start an MSPaint thread to show people how to do it and to show off our work??? I just got done "shopping" some different wheels & tires onto a buddy of mine's new ride and he was thrilled with the results. Yeah, you could INSTANTLY tell that they were messed with, but it saved him a lot of money in wheels & tires because he got to see what he really wanted before he ordered them!