Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bobber Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holliwood, May 6, 2005.

1. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Yeah, I don't want to hijack the thread into a debate like some end up. ......just wanted an idea of it...thanks!

2. plmczy

plmczy

Youngin' don't worry I was wondering the same thing. One of these years I'll have one. later shawn

3. BORED

BORED
    from BOERNE,Tx

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

5. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

well heres .....more.

6. G Griffin

G Griffin

That tire has the same effect as riding over rain grooves, only when you actually hit rain grooves, you die.
    G.

7. Goddamn Bass... Those Trumpets get my blood running faster!!

I made a nice score myself yesterday... For a future project..

Original set of Harley XR750 flattrack forks with solid lower crown.. :D:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BTW... Bass,

Here's another sickle in the same league as the Mega Cycle and that Larry Howard machine..

Can't get enough of this one.

[​IMG]

9. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

what is this? i know i really get......well you know!

i know you guys probably don't like red and flat black, but i love!

i think it's a xs650

10. mikes51

mikes51

thanks for posting, that's got to be the best gas tank ever.

11. RockyMtnPits

RockyMtnPits

12. Thanky, Brian -- Do you know anything of the whereabouts of the Aquistapase or Howard bikes? Obviously they are influenced by flat trackers, but with those tiny tanks they remind me of those lightweight ice racers.

13. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Here's a pic of the cool Triumph with the paint theme Bass mentions.I took this picture at the Essen Motor Show here in Germany many years ago.Still was to young for a driving license at that time so I made the trip there by train.Just look at people's cloth.The late 80's/early 90's definitely were hot...My father was into motorcycles his whole life and also had this black & white leather jacket the guy in the pic is wearing.Seems it was the rage at that time.It's still there down in the basement...

[​IMG]

14. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Here's another pic of the Megacycle Triumph with the Santini paint job (he also painted the Druid Princess when it was restored). I really don't understand why they decided to update the paint scheme when they "restored" it.

According to Tony Thacker's 1995 book, the Megacycle was to a guy named Jay Ohberg who took it on the show circuit. I don't know where it is now.

PS..Maurice...I REALLY like that Triumph. I need to find a copy of the issue of Rod n Custom that it was in. Thanks for the picture.

15. DrJ

DrJ

Exactly what I think. 99% of the bikes posted so far on this thread are choppers, not bobbers.
    Especially not the Barris photo'd one in the magazine, it's a chopper!
    A bobber, to me, falls into the very conservatively defined nitch defined above.
    Break out a welding torch and "chop" ANYTHING and it moves it immediately into the chopper realm and definition.

To me, it's pretty much gotta be a Harley dresser whthe the saddle bags, roll bars shield extra driving lamps, amd the hinged "flip up for wheel service" rear part of the rear fender removed at the hinge, but the 1/2 of the hinge on the fender is still there.
    No raking, no non-stock painting, no sissy bars, no fishtail exhaust, no bicycle seats... It's still got the big fat buddy seat!

A Bobber is like the stock Model As that were driven out to the dry lakes, the fenders, headlights and windshield removed and stacked on the cracked clay and the car raced for time with the runningboards and aprons still on it because it was too much trouble to take the body off to remove the aprons and the boards kept them from bending, unsupported, in the wind.

Bobber; An otherwise stock motorcycle with stuff taken off, not changed, or "customized/chopped" in any way.

16. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

17. This is a bobber. Crocker.

98% of the stuff you see in magazines like The Horse and on shitty sites like mine, those aren't bobbers.

18. Bass & Dr.J... You guys are totally right on the term "bobber"...

My friend owns a real bobber... '42 Knucklehead. Featured in DicE number 5 and soon in The Horse.

[​IMG]

19. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

yup it's Toms- he builds some cool shit up here

20. DrJ

DrJ

Yep, That looks like a "real" bobber. :cool:

21. Thanks 1Shot

23. tiptopdadddy

tiptopdadddy
    from INDY

You can find LOTS of pics here: http://www.bobbertown.com/and here: http://www.zoo.co.uk/~z0006413/

Both have featured pics of my bike, a 1968 BSA. Rigid frame, stock rake, CB750 front end, sportster tank, z-bars, octagon oil tank. A bobber? Heck, I dont' know. I like the bobber look and that was what I was going for when I built it. You decide. Shoe put up a pick on my first post. I'll try to put up more from my work computer.

24. RockyMtnPits

RockyMtnPits

Bobber, Chopper, Rat Rod...

fucking people use whatever term is cool at the time.

I build bikes, maybe more "bobber" style than "chopper" style... but they are just bikes.

25. DrJ

DrJ

Whatever you like, Humpty Dumpty fan... :rolleyes:
    But don't be surprized when people who already have a time-recognized definition in their head for what a particular word means get confused by what you are attempting to communicate when you decide the word should now mean whatever you wish it to mean!

26. DAMN!! Those are some good pics! Thanks guys, I see a lot that I like. Keep sending more if you got any.