Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Hambers in Central Florida Sun Coast?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onerare29chevy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I'm in New Port Richey,Fl anyone in this area, what's the local hangout?
    Steve

2. 31 5w

31 5w

Sorry in Mt. Dora/

3. dragwillys

dragwillys

4. raidmagic

raidmagic

5. Hang tough until this evening, you have a bunch of HAMB hoodlums in that area. Awesome club and guyz and galz up in WeekiWachi area too, they'll chime in. Probably at work, or beer, or work and beer.

6. i was in ocala till june, i'm gone now though. There's a bunch of guys in the gainseville area, and you should check out Billetproof in the spring. great show put on by the Poorboys.

7. Weasel

Weasel

Good time to ask the locals - I'm going to be checking out the central Florida Sun Coast in a couple of months and have a few vehicle registration questions. What's the DMV like on registering genuine 1930s cars - do they have to be registered as street rods or can you register as an original if it is a modified original - are there Antique plates? Are there YOM (Year of Manufacture) plates or can you buy vanity (personalized plates)? What are registration fees based on - value or...? What usage restrictions - if any - on the various types of plates? I have looked at the DMV website but it is suitably vague:rolleyes: - any help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  8. Weasel, if you bring in a car and title from out of state, you will need a VIN check. This can be done by the tag agency, { license plate issuing office}, any law enforcement officer, and I believe a notary. We have RED STREET ROD plates, and BLUE ANTIQUE plates. my 26 for the most part is Traditional HAMB friendly and I have BLUE ANTIQUE plates. We probably offer more VANITY plates than any other state in the U.S. I hope this gets you started with some answers. NEw first time REGULAR plates are quite expensive, I think $400. My ANTIQUE plates were $100 or $125. The VIN check form is available on-line so you can get started there, or pick one up ant any tag/plate office.

9. Another AWESOME thing about FLA. DMV, at some offices they can issue your new title right there on the spot, COOOOOL!!!

10. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks TR for the comprehensive reply. Any guidelines on where a street rod plate would be issued and where an antique plate would be issued - given that my cars are modified originals and appear externally close to stock (resto rod type)? Any restrictions on usage on Antique or Street Rod plates?

What is the annual license fee based on - a percentage of value of vehicle, or is it a one time licensing fee for antique and street rods?

Are there any safety inspections - not that I have a problem with that?

11. Skirv

Skirv

Most of your questions were answered but to add, yes, there is a YOM plate program here in Fla.

12. OK lets see, to the best of my knowledge you can get a BLUE ANTQUE tag for any vehicle 25 or 30 years old, might be just 25. The RED STREET ROD tag is more for the kit cars and assigned VIN number cars. But, I also believe you can simply ask for it if you like, but this is the HAMB, for the most part we dont like:rolleyes:. I would say if you have a 1930 the way you have described with no VIN number issues, you could probably request either one. I'm not 100% certain on the street rod RED, simply because I never had use for one. I have registered several OLDER than 1930 cars. Restrictions- not to my knowledge, usually only determined by the Insurance carrier, at least here in Fla. NO SAFETY INSPECTIONS and NO SMOG TESTING. We tried the smog thing back in the early 90z, that lasted all of 2 years or so, what a disaster, now the buildings are vacant.:D. Tags/plates on my 26 P/U are $36.90 per year:cool:. I know they are not VIN numbers on our rides, but I use that term, you know I know better. Anyway I can help when you get here, just PM me, TR

13. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks guys, this has really helped a lot. Hambers rule!

14. Choptop

Choptop

Come check out the Billetproof Drags on Oct. 23 at Lakeland Motorsports Park. Look forward to meeting you![FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

15. I'll put that one on the calender, hopefully have all the bugs out of the 29 to make the trip!!

16. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

I live in hudson about 5 miles from you.

17. econolineherb

econolineherb

Ft Myers , US 41 & Winkler .

18. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

I roll around everywhere from Hudson to Sarasota...live in Downtown St. Pete...

19. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Hardee county here. I can do vin verifications for you. If needed.