Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac speed equipment junkies, check out my new addition.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brock49Ford, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

O.k. Here is the deal. Several years of searching, asking around, and just plain old being a nuisance has lead to this. New old stock, never had a wrench turned on it or a drop of fuel in it, 4-71 supercharger intake for 1949 to 1962 Cadillac motors!!! It came to me wrapped in 1962 newspaper in a Bell Auto Parts box with a Cragar description sticker on the outside. I'm still surprised that i was able to not only find it, but also be able to buy it. :eek:

Brock

PS - No thanks, I don't want to sell it. :D

Attached Files:

2. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

damn....that's purdy...

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

beautiful,
    brand fucking new too.
    this going on the Caddy in the A?

4. Very cool. Care to say what you paid? If not, that's ok.

5. rodrelic

rodrelic

OK, I'll show my ignorance. I realize the pop off is for extreme protection, not constant operation, but...
    The waste gate vent's at the bottom, and would blow onto the valley cover (I assume it's like pontiac/Y block intake, not SBC). I never thought about it before but the diesed turbos, IH I am thinking just vent air pressure, so it doesn't matter where it go's. Overpressure with this would be a hot air/fuel mixture blowing into a hot confined space. A tubing from the pop off to somewhere else be better?
    Nice piece of classic hardware.

6. JayD

JayD

purdy damned cool........make a good wall hanging in my shop.

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

RAD!

a buddy of mine is looking for a 4-71 intake for a caddy motor,,,anybody have a used one? or know where to get one?

8. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I am looking for the same intake also. I can't find a used one let alone a new one . nice score

9. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

just put that on an 289 studebaker engine and your set :)

10. Hmmmmm! Just like the one I bought for 50 bucks a while back. Good find, hard to find nowadays!!
    Dave

11. Mutt

Mutt

If your popoff valve opens, it's because you have had a backfire. It's there to release the pressure. It's not a wastegate that will open often. It's to prevent damage to the blower and manifold.

Mutt

12. FEDER

FEDER

Pretty amazing how the port layout stayed so close throughout the years. That looks like the same as a 67 429. FEDER

13. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

At this point I am not really sure. It was just to rare to pass up. I've been looking for so long, doesn't matter where it goes. Probably on the A though, there is no hood to hide it. Now I have one. I need to get with with you and take some pictures and measurements on your Cragar 4-71 pulley set up. That is going to be the next piece of the puzzle. I don't want to run a cog belt unless there is no other choice.

14. titus

titus

the holy grail of cadi speed parts? id die for one, or one for a nailhead.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Ah it's too pretty to use hafta put it on the shelf and just look at it

16. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I don't quite know if it is the holy grail, but it is up there. Just depends on who you ask I guess. I have talked to a lot more people who are looking for Hildebrandt valve covers than blower intakes. I am just glad that I was fortunate enough to dig this on up.

17. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

It was born to carry a blower and have pressurized air fuel mix pass through, don't you think that it has been denied long enough??? Judging by the post mark on the box and the newspaper inside it has been waiting 43+ years!!!

18. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

wow... very nice.

19. Congrats.............nice scoop!! :)

20. fatluckys

fatluckys

Wow... that makes me light-headed...

Weren't you working on a Caddy speed equipment database a while back? I'd love to have a copy of that and add any information I might have.

21. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

man that is Very Sweet. I love finding stuff like that after a long long search..

Aaron

22. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I've saved a lot of pictures and have several pages of miscellaneous notes and ramblings. Have not got much further than that. I guess I went from wanting to know about it all, to actually wanting to OWN it all. Maybe in the future I'll get a spreadsheet and photo album together, god forbid a web page:confused: . If you ever have any questions though please ask. Not saying that I'll know the answer though, but I might. I'd be interested in what ever info you may have too.

Thanks,
    Brock

23. HotRodAV8

HotRodAV8
    from Seattle Wa

Brock your the man! you find more cool shit. looks like that manifold does not have the locating dowel holes drilled have you set it on a block, I know you know your shit so it couldn't be early olds? what would it take to get that late "distibutor" you showed me @ goodguys? trades cash? Ryan

24. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I do the same thing, saving pictures and articles, but for early Ford stuff. You could make a free Photobucket album. That way it's not taking up space on your comp, and others can look at it too. That piece is awesome either way!

25. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Hi Ryan -
    As a matter of fact I did just that. :D You are right about the pins though. I will just have to drill them from the bottom or mill out from the side. Not nearly that far yet. All of the Oldsmobile 4-71 blower manifolds that I have seen have the water inlet out front still.

Attached Files:

26. jonnycola

jonnycola

I love looking at rare speed equipment.

That rules...

27. nomads reedley

nomads reedley

Hey, Cadillac lovers (or not) I'm looking for an adapter from a 54 331 to anything but an old Ford ?????????????

28. Good Luck!!