Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought a car for my wife today ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mastergun1980, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I will just have to get some pictures for you . The guy that did it was real low buck. It works. I don't know how the suspension geomotry is affected in cornering but .... I will try to see how the back was lowered, right now it is about 8" high behind front tire and 9" in front of the rear tire. Very slight rake. The new wheeles raised up a little but I live on a dirt & gravel road so its a good thing.

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Yeah sad thing is mine isnt much better under that black primer:eek:

3. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

you betcha!

4. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Nice Ford... I lived in Alva for a while 25 years ago. Went back last year to visit a couple of friends. It's still the same.

5. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

Better clairify that last statement,, TINKERING with HER ?or Tinkering with the car with HER,:rolleyes:
    but which ever you are tinkering with,, I bet its fun,, could even be rewarding the end, ;)

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love it. My customline when I bought it and how it looks today. I'm de-tuning mine into a Mainline and eliminating all the usual options like R&H. I hope to get it running this week.

7. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Uh oh! :D

8. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Nice. Wonder who's gonna be on the road first?

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I might get mine started first but at my present pace, you'll be ready for an oil change before I am actually driving but keep us informed as you go. I want to paint mine before I drive it.

10. There are several posts on the 52-56 Ford group about using blocks to lower the front end. Here is a link to one.

11. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Well that saves me from takin pics of my front end! Thats how mine was done! Glad to know it is a common place . I was worried it was not gonna be safe but I feel bteter now ! I hate to sound to lazy but didnt pay a lot of attention to it yet. But THANK YOU for that link!

12. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I am not the best at bringing my camera to the shop, but after a few days in the shop it lives - I Have a picture of the engine and the radatior, please excuse the wiring, Got a diagram comming but untill it gets here I'm not gonna sort it out to much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tomorrow is booked but wensday we are gonna bleed the brakes and install 3 seatbelts in the backseat then hopefully go for a good cruise.

13. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Quick update - I have already put 600 miles on the car - good times ( with the exception of my Oriellys rotor falling apart!

14. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Awesome :) Got any pics of it out on the open road?

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

16. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool ride. Congrats. Engine looks good. Looking forward to more progress!

17. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I drove it to work last night, and had to drive home in the rain - those vacume wipers suck! So I was thinking about getting an electric motor conversion, or a vacume can or something.....

18. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Looks real good.

19. pumpman

pumpman

I thought it was your wife's car? Seems like you're doing a lot of test driving. Really like the car so I understand, hope the wife does too.

20. Rain-X is your friend! HRP

[​IMG]

21. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Today was our first car show, The whole family pitched in yesterday and finished getting the car ready - My girls cleaned the interior, my wife chose where to stick the H.A.M.B. tag, I sorted out the wiring mess under the hood and added a little white rattle can paint. Oh and my 3 year old son ran in circles hitting the tires with a toy hammer.
    [​IMG]
    This is my oldest Daughter Abbi ( 9 years old ) - cleaning the passenger side.
    [​IMG]
    This is Hope My 6 year old Cleaning the drivers side ( she is the motor head out of my 3 kiddos )
    [​IMG]
    The H.a.m.b. tag being rivited on ( hadn't got to the wiring yet! )
    [​IMG]
    The engine bay with the Tag on and the wiring sorted out
    [​IMG]
    And a picture of my lovely wife revving the crap out of her car!

We didn't win any awards but saw a lot of friends and had a real good time. More importantlly, My wife had a blast and got a lot of ideas from looking at the other cars. Last night she took the wheel for the big cruise and enjoyed it ( except she informed me that we will be adding power brakes before we do anything else to it! ) SO now I better get my 41 going or I'm not gonna have a hotrod to drive!

Oh and even the car is a beater right now - Its a street legal cruiser for less than $3000.00 and a lot of fun for the whole family!

And we got a neat family picture of us by the car - I'll post it when I get it from my mom!

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Look at that smile ... it's worth a million !

[​IMG]

23. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

hell..good deal,my wife use to go to swap meets & bone yards 10 years ago she would have told your wife to put a big block in it,:D glad the girls are part of it.

24. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Got the family pics from my mom
    [​IMG]
    Here's one for the family Christmas card!
    [​IMG]
    I am having just as good a time as her... I just don't smile to often!
    [​IMG]
    another keeper of a pic!
    [​IMG]
    Me and my old man talking about the car.

25. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I havn't been real good about taking pictures of what I've been doing....
    The car didn't have a heater when we got it, so I went to the junkyard and bought one. . . . Painted it , replaced the blower , and had the core rebuilt ...
    [​IMG]
    It was then I realized that I had 4 defroster hoses but 2 places to jook em up- The car had the fresh air heater but I bought the standard one. So I decided to build a set of spliters that bolted to the firewall with exsisting holes , which ended up working out good. ( that I and I couldn't find all the parts for the fresh air heater. )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then I found a heater grill and repainted it.
    [​IMG]
    I got the correct control for this heater But the dash looked like crap. SO since I already had it out to make the heater install easier I repainted it, then I sorted out the remainder of the dash wiring, added a tach ( out of my old 27 t from high school ) , and a cd player. ( the hole was already in the dash I just cleaned it up .)
    It's not perfect but sure looks better than it did and she's happy withit!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Way to include the family, makes the hobby lots more fun.

dash looks good!

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very nice Ford!
    And you are also very lucky that your wife shares your car interests!!
    Good for you.
    Cheers....

28. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Thanks LowKat You rattle can rebiuld inspired me to get out my rattle can!

29. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

dash looks great from the photos , good job , and lots o fun

30. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

We went on a hour cruise tonight had a great time. I think we are just gonna drive it for a few more months be for we tackle any more projects.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012