Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Salina KS picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Just got back from Salina, KS; home of the KKOA Furnace Nationals! Holy Crap, Batman, today was freakin' HOT! As in - "Damn, it's freakin' HOT!".

Met a bunch of HAMBers today, it's great to put faces to names. I take pics of cars, not people, so others will have to point out folks in the pictures! Feel free to post away here, by all means! Why have 15 separate pic threads, right? Here goes:

Attached Files:

2. More, more, more! A little of everything here...

Check out Sid's Ford work truck. Look at the work that went into that front sheetmetal, it makes you really LQQK at it! Love it!

Couple of Hudson Stepdown cars, and that wonderful Chevy panel delivery! Jeff's '55 Ford, a '41 Plymouth PU (very rare!), a Rambler wagon with a mean-sounding V8, and a supercharged Y-block in a '57 Ford.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow-Hot pics-Thanks

4. Here are my favorite Cadillacs on the planet!

Attached Files:

5. Oh, but wait, there's MORE! More, you say? YES, More!

Here are a couple of Poverty Flats' (Paul) pair of homebrewed death scooters - I want one of these! Lots of really cool bicycles there this year, with and w/o engines!

I fell in love with that '63 Thunderbird! My Dad had one when I was a teenager in the '70s, and was the first car I drove over 100 mph! His was white with black top and red interior, and was not a Landau. Wish I had the cash!

The Caddy-powered Ford coupe is cleeeeeeaan!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  6. Here is a '47 Hudson Super Eight that I really like - because I have a '47 Super Six, and this is pretty much what I have in mind for my car, except a slightly different paint scheme...! That's all for my pics - what all did YOU take pics of this weekend???

Attached Files:

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Me too.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:D
    Thanks for going, taking pictures and posting them.

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Just came home as well, killer show. They drags friday evening were spectacular.

9. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

Hot but what a great time !!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

dig that airflow ,now that is art. thanks for posting

11. aircap

aircap

Info on the Stude wagon?

12. GARY?

GARY?

Looks like Paul had a good time poppin' them wheelies!!!

13. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

glad to see tranny John made it ok from ca

14. I love the Caddies. Looks like a good time for real. I wanted to go but my band played today. What car got chopped?

15. Ranchwagon

Ranchwagon

They chopped a '51 Ford tudor sedan. The other guys were sectioning a '56 (I think) Mercury.

16. The Airflow, the righteous Stude truck & F100. Wow.

17. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

It was hot, but man, what a great time it was! Seemed like an endless amount of my kind of cars. At the drags Friday, a reporter for the Salina Journal rode down the eighth mile with me in the '31 Ford a couple of times. There is a front page write up in Saturday's paper.

18. Racewriter

Racewriter

It was an incredibly good time. I'm glad I went, not so glad I had to go sans wife and car. Next year I'll have both.

19. Thanks for the pics

Attached Files:

20. No, unfortunately I did not walk over to it for more pics, sad to say. Neat car, nonetheless!

As for the Airflow, that has been to several of the Salina shows over the years, and is driven from the Denver area! It is an Airflow from the cowl forward, and a '47 Chevy Aerosedan from there, back. I drooled all over that car!

21. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I talked to the owner for about ten minutes. He was a really great guy. He said the truck was channeled 16 inches and was running stock Studebaker suspension. He also told me he was building up a Y block for it. It was a great looking truck!

Attached Files:

22. My camera batteries were dead by the time I saw that Stude truck. What a beauty!

23. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks for sharing the show pix!

24. hahahah im glad John made it up there okay.

25. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Gene Winfieild checking out Eldon Titus`s car and Fritz with his Roswell Rod.

Attached Files:

26. He did indeed!

27. John, can I get an autograph, please? Wish you had told me , I would have bought a copy!

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

29. Thanks for posting the pics Patrick! It was good to talk to you this weekend. I took quite a few pics, but will have to post them tomorrow. It was a great show and we had a great time.

30. billys54

billys54