Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hylomar ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30tudor, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Looking for some of the hylomar blue sealant, anyone know of a store that might have it? And a good part number. I've struck out at Car Quest & NAPA.

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If no one has it locally, a search for "Hylomar" finds places that will sell it to you online.

3. 73RR

73RR

ebay..............

4. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

They don't have the old stuff anymore. I got some of the type 2, but haven't tried it yet. Roger

5. 30, check out some of the Harley dealers, especially if they have been around a long time. Some mom-n-pop Harley or custom bike repair shops, the older wrenches usually use it or know where to get it, TR

6. buckd

buckd

Permatex makes it now. You should be able to order it from any jobber. But it should be easy to order on line. Good stuff have used it on Harley stuff for years. but is can also rejuvinate an old paper gasket with great results.BUCKD

7. AG F/C

AG F/C

8. Don's 55

Don's 55

About time!
    It works great, I first used it to seal the copper base gaskets on a Harley I had.
    Never a leak afterwards.