Register now to get rid of these ads!

picked up Two 54 chevies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by backroads, Jul 29, 2011.

1. backroads

backroads

Picked up two 54' chevies the other day. A 4 door belair and a 2 door post both with original 1954 titles, and have been sitting in the original owners colorado back yard since 1968, these things are untouched but they are kind of rough after sitting. Any how the story I'm trying to tell is the day after buying them an old fellow pulls up and wants to trade one of the 6 cylinders for a 54 build hes doing and wants to trade the SBC that a previous owner put in his. I say ok cause I wasn't planning on using the 6 anyway. After pulling them both and trading I look up the serial numbers and I scored a 64'-68' SBC 283 with the aluminum powerglide. I'd say a pretty good deal and he was happy with it too.

Hopefully the 2 door turns into the next project

Attached Files:

2. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

Sounds like a good trade... look forward to seeing your progress to gettin ol' betty on the road!

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I wonder how so many of these old cars ended up with those kind of wheels..?

Anyways, sounds like a good trade to me, and cant wait to see some progress