Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Garage(s)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 26, 2011.

1. millersgarage

millersgarage

my shop is too messy to get a decent shot at the moment.... I am fortunate to have a garage on the house where the daily drivers park ( AKA the mrs...) and a shop in the back yard where I get to keep my messes

Brian, you must be hiding a mess on the other side of that rear wall, as I have seen the shot of the truck being worked on, and it looked a little bit different than these shots :p

2. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Aero- i know its OT but that Camaro has a great stance. Love everything else too.

3. Just putting the finishing touches on my dream garage. Not nearly as fancy as some, but it's MINE!!!!

At 24' x 40', there is room for two drivers and one project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, I do go out to the garage and just stand there in awe. I can't belive I have been this blessed.

Livin' the dream...

4. My humbly proud little shop. Reproduction of a Nags Head Outer Banks Boathouse. There were hundreds of these along the coast that stored boats, cars and served as shops for outboard motor repair or electrical component repair.

I have a chain hoist in the entryway, but gotta work on the stuff outside in the gravel driveway. It's ok. Hundreds of thousands of other guys are doing the same.

Designed and built it myself. Wooden floor, metal roof, a nice loft for parts storage.
    12' x 18'. Perfect size. Hadn't swung a hammer in 25 years, but it all went together pretty well. The cladding for the building came from the Great Dismal Swamp and is the last of the old-growth cypress. The guy I bought it from made me promise it was going on this building and I wasn't going to just flip the load of lumber for a profit. The boards were 10' long, a full 8" wide and 1' thick, rough cut on one side and dressed on the other. Nice wood.

Nobody builds buildings this way anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    TigerFan likes this.
  5. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

That black `34 is perfect!

6. csimonds

csimonds

Here is my cool garage.... LOL I'm lucky to have this, but it has deffinetelly helped get the job done. Also a pic of this past winter when we had a little snow storm with 3 feet of snow. Damn Buick sat under that snow and ince until mid March when I was able to get the top back on when we thawed out.
    Chuck

Attached Files:

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I hardly think mine's cool but once in a while I do have to sit back and count my blessings. I'm extremely grateful for what I have and I have to remind myself constantly. I'm hoping to redo the garage (paint, floor, shelving, lighting) next spring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Heres a couple pictures of my current shop. Its 4 bays, but about 4 bays too few! If you look close you can see the welding/paint/body shop/sand blast cabinet. Its in there.

The last picture is of my old shop, A single bay car wash! I had to disassemble my 31 coupe and hang it on the walls! Can any one say, 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag???

Attached Files:

9. cool thread... only have a 1 car garage now, but for my first house its cool and i'm thankful to have it

10. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams

Lots of cool shops. Some do look like their more for entertaining than working......

Attached Files:

11. 2935ford

2935ford

more than grateful and very happy with what I have.

Attached Files:

12. rod addict

rod addict

some don't look like workin garages

13. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I built this shop in the back of my property not visible from the road. And to keep the meth heads out I have two large dogs if they are brave enough to open the front gate. I just dont worry about it.

14. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Done my share of grinding, cutting and welding on my work garage floor.
    A Shop Vac and broom is a good thing. Visit any race car shop worth its salt and no clutter is found.
    I run a 20 bay bodyshop and we clean it every day if necessary.
    Sure makes a difference not tripping over last nights work.

15. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams

Aerocolor, wrote...Done my share of grinding, cutting and welding on my work garage floor.
    A Shop Vac and broom is a good thing. Visit any race car shop worth its salt and no clutter is found.
    I run a 20 bay bodyshop and we clean it every day if necessary.
    Sure makes a difference not tripping over last nights work.

Sorry guy, wasn't casting stones. Like I said, lots of cool shops. Your's especially. Believe me I'm well accoustom to a broom and a shop vac but as some one else said, I've done my share of working in the dirt, mud and overall mess. My place isn't a show piece but after 32 years of roughing it I do finally have 3000 sq ft of level floors and indoor plumbing. Now if we can add a paint booth. Current projects are: 1947 Chevy, 1968 Datsun rag top, 1974 Alfa, 1961 Corvair 350 V8 leaving on Saturday, one custom bike and 2 vintage dirt race cars. Thanks, Come see us Adrenaline Custom Enterprises.

16. Agreed, But...

When I built my new shop, I vowed to be neat and organized.

I painted the walls and ceiling white for lighting purposes. I also did not coat my floor so that I would have to worry about grinding and welding my junk.

I am adding a drop-down plastic "wall" that separates to working area in the back from the parking area in the front. I'll have a cross ventilation system in the back portion. Air is drawn in from a vent on one wall and exhausted though a fan on the other. This helps suck out the grinding crap, bondo dust, and fumes. That and a shop vac/broom and you can have a clean and organized WORKING shop.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread - so, back to our regularly scheduled programing...;)

[​IMG]

17. lowburban

lowburban

A shot when we were pouring the driveway. I 'll try and find some recent shots inside. 30x50 and I am very blessed. Built for years is a carport but at least it was flat concrete.

Attached Files:

18. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Sorry if I came off defensive but I have people come over all the time and say how do you keep the shop clean or is the work done elsewhere?
    I just tell `em I keep up on the clutter and don`t let it get out of hand.

I DO Not paint in my garages unless absolutely necessary. Used to but I have two paint booths at work and you can`t paint where finished cars are stored.

One garage is storage and the other is for working. So far the system works. So far...One more project puts me out of room.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  19. el shad

el shad

Hey, daddy o. This pic just makes me want to wander around with a beer in my left hand and my right in my pocket checking out your rides. I'm envious!

20. I got a magazine in the mail today that features my '34 Coupe & The Hot Rod Grille Garage! Better Homes and Gardens publishes WOOD magazine, which printed a special issue called "Great Garage Makeovers". It's available at Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and many bookstores. It will be available thru September 13th and shows several cool garages with various themes.

Jim

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

21. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I'd never go to work!!! WOW! I can only imagine a place like that.
    Very Nice...and the runing out of room..I have 200 .lbs of crap shoved into a 1 .lb sack.

22. butterboy

butterboy

GARAGE.jpg
    Here is my over crowded garage..

23. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

I started in gravel and dirt so I feel lucky to be rolling on cracked concrete.

Garage........one day.

Jon

Attached Files:

24. Big Dan Style

Big Dan Style

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not as big as others... novice at best, but i spend more time in here than i need to.

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sold one of my cars to fund this garage. Been my dream to actually have a work area instead of a storage area. Designed by me. I have built and painted in this thing.

Attached Files:

26. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Here's our home away from home.
    [​IMG]

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Now this is a garage us normal folk can aspire to have!! Really neat space to work on shit or just sit back and hang with a cold beverage.

28. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Nice garage.Works well as a paint booth too.
    Sold the orange Camaro to build the first garage after we finished the house. Gotta do what`s necessary. Thirteen years later the guy that bought the car retired and needed money to pay his house down so it came home for good.

29. Mart

Mart

I have got my garage to be just about as good as it gets.

For me.

34x18 plus break out areas for storage and workbench, toolboxes etc. I can park the roadster and coupe end to end on the left, have the sedan stashed across the end, and have the right hand side for my current project, a 41 pickup.

I am a very messy worker, though, spend a lot of time thinking and doing, not a lot tidying.

Here's the newly acquired 41 just installed in place. You can just see the wheel of the roadster, the fenders of the coupe and the Sedan across the end. You can see the break out area with the workbench and toolboxes on the right too.

[​IMG]

And looking back towards the door:

[​IMG]

Since I tore into the 41, it has never been as tidy as this.

Mart.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  30. Big Dan Style

Big Dan Style

YUP!! Left over beverage in the right corner!!