Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do you sleep at night?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Jul 25, 2011.

1. bct

bct

lots of good people in this world....

2. whiskerz

whiskerz
    from Ga.

I saw the same thing on a gun board where I hang out. A dealer got on and bragged about buying a bunch of high end machine guns for pennies on the dollar . The owner of the board did the right thing and gave him a ban forever . Ripping of a grieving widow is too much

3. n847

n847

Its one thing to under pay/low ball offer some one if thats all you have I've had people bring me items in the past and ask me for a value. I tell them what I think its worth and in the same breath I will make them my offer. ie. "That intake and carbs are worth 7-800 dollars to the right guy, but I've got 150 to offer you. I'm not trying to lie to you and tell you thats all its worth but thats what I have to offer." Most of the time they don't take me up on it but occasionaly they will call me up a day or 2 later and say that they didn't know what they had or it was worth and give it to me at my price. I tell them no hard feelings either way...if I was them I wouldn't sell it to me either:)

4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

So after all the drama he might actually be the good guy? Never seen that before here.

5. My remarks still stand, even if they don't necessarily pertain to him.

6. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

7. and now the rest of the story....

quick to judgement = pain before the medicine

8. There ya go and I thought it was a derogatory term. English is so damned hard to learn. :D

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

So, the original guy may not be a scoundrel after all.

Still, it pays to look up "undue influence". Typically it's when a person takes advantage of another in a weakened state, even if they use kindness instead of force. It often happens to elders as they lose the ability to keep their books and records and trust someone else to do it for them. Next thing you know, the elder is giving that person lots of "gifts" often including being written into the will. When the family finds out, then the poo-poo hits the fan.

It's one thing to receive a gift for personal use. It's entirely another thing to take gifts with the intent of reselling them at a quick profit.

10. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

in a pile of parts cause that's where i passed out

11. voodoo1

voodoo1

Ya those guys from across the pond make it so hard on us po' boys.
    HAHA. Mike

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see both sides here and it's more that she needed honest help and others were aware. Still, he took advantage. The one thing I NEVER agree with...KARMA. WTF is that? Is that "hoping" that he'll "get his" for being bad? YOU make it what it is or isn't going to be. Want him out of the loop? Spread the truth. Tell it like it is and protect the rest of your blokes in the future, or their widows as well if that's the case. I always say it when it's in the topic, KARMA is bullshit. It doesn't exist. Integrity trumps karma every time.

13. slammed

slammed

This 'bloke' (bass-tad) got a name? He needs to go hunting with Dick Chaney.

14. My wife snores and the gun I keep under my pillow pokes me in the head. So I don't sleep well most of the time.

15. He's come up with a reasonable explanation. I think maybe he was just trying to make it look like the deal of the century by telling me only about the cash price and not the rest of it. He also tells me that one of the cars was in a bit of a state with a seized engine.

Maybe he thought I would be impressed that he was Charlie Big Potatoes and a bit of a wheeler dealer - it had the opposite effect.

As I say, I will leave it now and take his story at face value and give him the benefit of the doubt. He says that he has no intention of selling the OT car - I will soon know if he does as new owners invariably contact me.

Karma - maybe not. How about what goes around comes around?

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I have to agree with The Highlander on the Karma deal..I know some people that if Karma was the real deal they wouldnt be fucking with any one ever again..but , they are still screwing the life out of someone some where.. and life is pretty easy for them..so i call Bullshit on Karma too

if you want pay back or to even the score as it were..dont wait for some fictitious belief to come and even the score..step to it yourself

17. voodoo1

voodoo1

Which way is it pointed??

18. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

I'm kinda thinkin" Dude"
    :rolleyes:

19. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

When I crash and burn my wife will have my cars and other goodies hauled off before I'm room temp, she has wanted it gone for decades. If my son is quick he might get there first, I like to think that he will because guys like this Rat are most everywhere these days.

20. If the seller sets the price and is happy with it, then so what? If the buyer makes an offer and the seller accepts it... so what? People have been taking advantage of other people's lack of knowledge for thousands of years.

I used to get this routine once in a while, the other way around, by people too stupid to understand the concept of "asking price" and whining that I wanted too much money for a particular car. This is the first time I've seen someone complain a guy didn't pay enough for a car, though.