Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '51 Chevy build journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robleticia, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Racrdad

Racrdad

Thats what I have been telling him! Paint it the same colors. Its only paint, you can make black again later.

See, I told ya..........

2. robleticia

robleticia

Alright Mr. photoshop, lets see it in green. But its going to be a hard sell cause its hard to beat black and chrome! Hurry up and finish your bodywork, the 51 needs some love!

3. The HD is lookin perdy sweet!

4. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

No excuses rob. Motorcycles should not keep you away from your car! :rolleyes:

5. What The ??? :eek: Rob , get on the chevy man your kids cant ride on , whats that ???? a motor sicle . No wonder the chevy has had no updates .
    Just funnin wit ya . :D

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Good looking bike man. We need to get together one of these days check out our rides. Text or call me when you get a few minutes, have a couple questions about your ride.

7. Damn, hadn't checked this in a while. Was hoping to see it finished. At least I'm not the only one not finished. Looking good, now get back to it.

8. robleticia

robleticia

Alright, still OT I know but I am really proud of my progress. Thanks to Racrdad for coming down and helping me with the disassembly, body work and block sanding we got it tore down and ready for JMD82 to do his majic in one day, and majic he did, paint job looks awesome!!!! Got some wiring to finish up and a few more chrome pieces to replace and its done. Its hard working on it and looking at the 51 sitting there begging for some attention! Not much longer now and I will be back on track and working on the 51 again before I get banned from this site! Here's a couple of (crappy cell phone) pics...

Attached Files:

9. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Rob c'mon man they already deleted like 18 of your threads on the jockey journal haha

Moving my fleetline this weekend, so hopefully I'll get to work on it some very soon!

10. robleticia

robleticia

I know :(, but its all good, I fixing to be on the 51 like a spider monkey in a couple more weeks! JMD82....better get that black paint cleaned out of that gun!

11. dt50chev

dt50chev

Any flex in the floor pans you installed? Thinking about building new floors for my new Fleetline, but I am worried that they may flex. I do not have a bead roller or anything.

12. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

David, you can make a simple die setup and hammer some clean beads into the floor pan material. It could be as simple as some barstock and a couple pieces of angle iron... If I didn't have all these 2-wheeled distractions I would be to that point already haha.

13. dt50chev

dt50chev

Using a die sounds like a good idea. I've seen people hammer crude beads into panels before and didn't want to go that route. I used 11 gauge metal in the floors of my truck but that is overkill on the heavy side.

14. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

11 ga is way overkill! I think I was using 18 ga for my truck, but 16 is probably better...

15. robleticia

robleticia

I used 16 in my floors, no flex and no beads

16. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Dear rob,

Your car misses you. It needs your attention. It's very jealous and is plotting to kill your bike. Please step away from the bike! Haha

17. robleticia

robleticia

Alright already! The car better stay away from my bike! xmlc216x, you're part of the problem showing me all them damn bike sites! haha! I am turning into a junky! Well it's done except for a few little things and after working on Racrdads car all weekend I am getting the car fever back again and work shall resume on the '51 hopefully this coming weekend. BUT, here is the last pic of the bike, I promise no more!

Attached Files:

18. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Better watch out rob your thread will drop stars if you post too many pics of your bike! haha

What's up with those chrome grips man?

19. farmer12

farmer12

Great looking bike Rob, very impressive! Now get back in that garage and work on that car!:D:D:D

20. robleticia

robleticia

21. the truth is rob is in line for harry potter ! hey how ya been ... you still building the 51 ?? lol

22. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

looking good man this makes me want to not sell my 52 dodge

23. robleticia

robleticia

yeah yeah yeah.....Im getting back on it this weekend, updated pics next week, here is a preview!

Attached Files:

24. Racrdad

Racrdad

WHAT??? I thought we were doing body work this weekend??? :eek:

25. robleticia

robleticia

No, I said we are WORKING on the body this weekend!;) Silly rabbit!

26. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Let's see some pics of that new hair cut and some details!!
    So chop chop and get to work posting
    Mrc

27. robleticia

robleticia

Yes chop top, I got tired of seeing MY car as your avatar so I had to change my car.

28. JMD82

JMD82

Update?? Update??? I know how much progress happened this weekend! My husband still isnt home! We need an update!!!!!!
    -Missy

29. robleticia

robleticia

Well I got back to work on the 51 this weekend. Racrdad and JMD82 came down to help out as I finally made up my mind to chop the top. I searched the HAMB and internet for about a week trying to learn as much as I can abot chopping a 4 door. Alot of info out there on Mercs but not so much on Chevy's. I contacted droplord to answer a few questions about his chop, he answered all of my questions and was a big help. Thanks! If you haven't seen his car you should check it out. After looking at his car and alot of others the decision was made to chop it 3". While waiting on Jason to arrive we got started about 7:30 Friday night. The first order of business was to figure out all the cuts and take alot of measurements prior to cutting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011