Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your first speeding ticket--How old????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Jul 25, 2011.

1. mj40's

mj40's

17, I was doing 72 in a 55 in dads truck. You don't do stupid things in the only bright orange truck in town of 3000 population. I handed my mom my license and told her the story. I wasn't suppose to be driving to any local towns yet.

2. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I think I was 15, 96 in a 55. Fought the ticket and it was reduced from inattentive driving to 64 in a 55, think it cost me about $40 back in the day.

Coming out of Preston Idaho just past the Wil-O-Way

Why was it reduced? Cause I was going much faster than that and the cop said he hit me with the radar. When I asked to see it he said he had already turned it off. The judge was not happy with that officer:D

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

it didnt help owning a muscle car, and the only one like it in a small town

4. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

16 and two weeks.
    Speeding away from high school in a school zone.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

We must be related:eek::D

6. Koz

Koz

My first moving violation ticket was when I was 14 and got caught being towed by a rope on a skateboard behind my buddies A Tudor on High Street. The cops saw no humor in it and made me sit on a bench until my Mom came and got me. My Dad thought it was hilarious but still made me pay my own fine. About $65 if I remember correctly.

7. Deuces

Deuces

Me and my cousin were headed back home from my little sisters wedding shower in '89... We both had mustangs.. :rolleyes: We both nailed it when the light turned green on Grand River Ave. in Livonia.. or was it in Farmington hills??? Anyway, we both got pulled over by the same cop. :( And we both got drag racing tickets.. That was an automatic 6 points on our record.. :eek:

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

At 15 I got my first ticket in my '55 BelAir for no license. but the speeding tickets came a few years later while stationed at McChord A.F. base. Freeway flyin into
    Seattle for the weekends. used to get them in 3s. If I got one, sure enough I'd get another 2 within weeks.

9. SpeedwayRyan

SpeedwayRyan

I got the first of my many speeding tickets at age 16, not long after getting my license. 78 in a 65 on Interstate 74 in Indiana, driving home from my after-school job.

The worst part was, at the time Indiana had a law that if you were under 18, your first speeding ticket automatically earned you a defensive driving course...so I had to pay for and attend that BS class. At least nowadays you can take it online and get ripped off in the comfort of your own home.

10. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

!6,I had my license for about 6 months and the VT. State Police didn't see the humor in 92 mph in a 55 mph zone.

11. 26 roadster

26 roadster

16, 1965 failure to yield right of way on right hand turn, violation of anti noise ordnance and was taken to Jail. I pulled in front of police car late at night who was on his way home. I think I might have pissed him off when I asked how fast he was going!

12. D.G.F

D.G.F
    from Las Vegas

driving home from the dmv on my 16 th birthday...

13. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

on the way home from a family reunion in the summer of 1986. i was 16 and driving a '72 chevy pickup. my brother was in the passenger seat and my parents were coming home from the same trip but were a couple of miles behind us. the officer was at my window when my parents pulled over to the side of the road behind his car. he turned to me and asked "do you know the people in that station wagon?" i told him they were my parents. he still gave me a ticket. 65 in a 55.

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

1967 on the Pasadena Frwy. I was 16 driving my parents '65 Impala wagon coming home from Kendo practice. My brother and sister were in the car. I was doing 70 in a 55. I was stopped by 2 motor officers. The cop asked, "Do you know what would happen if you hit one of these bridge pillions going that fast?". I said, "No, what?". Guess it was the wrong answer, I got a ticket. Back then, kids didn't pay a fine, I lost my license for 3 weeks.

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my first car at 16 was a 49 chevy with a 261 and 3 speed. I'm pretty sure I never got a speeding ticket in that one, though I didn't have it a week before some asshole cop decided he needed to pull me over and fuck with me.

I'm sure the first of many speeding tickets came within the first week of owning my GTO at age 17. Never got busted for doing a burnout or racing, I'm sure I got more bullshit and harasssment type chickenshit tickets than actual violations in that car.

I was racially profiled all the time. a long haired white dude in a GTO with fat tires... cops figured I got to be up to no good and hassled me accordingly. bunch of dicks.

now I probably haven't had a ticket in 20 years.

16. Got my first Speeding ticket when I was 20. But while in high school managed to get 3 window tint tickets, 2 too low tickets, 1 too loud ticket, 1 exhibition of speed hhahaha

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

17. brandyspaw

brandyspaw

16 and it exceeded the Colorado points system at the time so I lost my license for a year. Losing my license and being 16 was really tuff for a car-crazed kid in the sixties.

18. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

80 in a 55, with a car I didn't even think was capable of 80.

1985 Buick LeSabre 2 dr w/ a 307.

Being pissed off and not paying attention will cost you a $150 and 1 point in MD. Even on first offense.

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

1969 I was 16 years old driving a 1959 Ford station wagon with a 292 Y block. Just left Dragway 42 watching the Funny cars. I thought I became a hotrodder that day and drove home doing 100 mph on a four lane. The cop didn't understand and took my license away for 3 months. He should have kicked my butt while he was at it.

20. Lild

Lild

16! I had my license for 1 week when I got my first ticket 2 blocks from my house. What a dumb ass kid I was.

21. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

14. speeding (62-45), passed the cop car (middle of 3) and driving without a valid license. My parents were less than pleased. after 4 pages of offenses, habitual offender I smarted up at 24. now 16 years later I am a cop. go figure!:D

22. Deuces

Deuces

Guess we need to look out for you, huh???
    Just kidding! ;) :)

23. TKEBH964

TKEBH964
    from MO

I got my first speeding ticket while driving a Ford Festiva of all things. I was 16.

24. Got my first speeding ticket in Helena Montana. My buddy and I just finished putting a 261 six in his 50 Chevy coupe and decided to run it wiht my 49 Ford coupe( 325 Dodge Hemi /3spd. I was clocked at65 in a 25 business district, the main drag in Helena. Didn't lose my license. I left for the Navy two days later. That was in '67

25. 15 1/2, right after getting my Motorcycle License. 60 in a 35. Cost me Fifty Bucks, a lot of dough for a 15 1/2 year old in 1971

26. Don,I am really straining my old brain,but if my memory is anywhere near accurate I believe here in South Carolina you could obtain your learners permit at 13 years of age and your restricted license in 6 months back in 1963.

Anyway,the very first time I was allowed to drive solo was late Friday afternoon and my parents had sent me out to pickup up some hot dogs for my sister and I,,Friday was their bowling league night and that quick trip was to last over and hour going only about 4 miles from the house.

After picking up the hot dogs I though it would be cool to swing through town to see what all the older kids did on the weekends,,no problems until I got to the corner of Murry and White halls,,it was now after 6PM and the restricted license says that after 6PM I was suppose to be accompanied by a licensed adult.

As luck would have it a motorcycle cop just happened to come to a stop behind me and being a novice driver and not thinking about checking my rear view mirror,I floored the gas pedal,that almost new 1962 Ford Galaxie with the 390 roared to life and threw a ton of gravel in the air that had obviously fell off a dump truck earlier in the day.

The police officer Malcolm Mclease flipped on his flashing red light and siren and I knew at that very moment I was dead meat,,My dad was gonna kill me!

Malcolm walked up to the side of the car and ask me what the hell was I trying to prove,,he jerked the door open and told me to get out of the car and look at his motorcycle,,The windshield was cracked and one of his flashing red lights was busted.
    He was cussing me like a sailor and to be perfectly honest our family didn't use that type of language so he scared the crap outta me!

I knew I was going to go to jail,,,he ask where I lived and it seems he knew may dad,,,he wrote me a ticket for $17.50,,that was a lot of money and he told me if I didn't go straight home and give my dad my license that he would personally throw me under the bus.

I was a kid and scared to death,,I should have listened to my dad and went straight where I was told and straight home.

I remember my dad paying for the damages to the motorcycle and I remember being grounded for 6 months with no driving privileges at all.

BTW,,I got to know Malcolm all too well,,and it cost me a small fortune over the next 15 to 20 years.

Fortunately,I have had a pretty good driving record in the second half of my life,,,with age comes wisdom,,:D HRP

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  27. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

18, got clocked doing 92 in a 50, and I was slowing down. I didnt even wait for the cop to turn his lights on I just pulled over. I was so scared I was going to get arrested I was shaking. Like a idiot I said I was only doing 70 and thats what the cop wrote me up for. Few months before I had testified in a DUI case. Ticked came across the same DA's desk and she threw it in the trash!

28. customs by jason

customs by jason

i was 16 had my license for about 3 days got a ticket for 65 in a 45 right by my house and its never ended since

29. big bad john

big bad john

.....Was 15 years old(1964)....had a farm permit(driving in daylight hours)...going 42 MPH in a 25 .....37 dollar ticket......My Dad was'nt very happy with me....

30. First one......16yrs old,taking my sister to USC in my dad's '69 Lincoln Continental. She didn't have her license,so I would drop her off,take the car home,then walk to school. This pissed me off,cause I couldn't drive around,except to taxi her everywhere!
    I dropped her off and was haulin down Washigton,and got pulled over. 60 in a 35 zone. Went to traffic school.