Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your first speeding ticket--How old????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet this will require some real cob web thinking----But maybe not!:D:D

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Took a bit of remembering. I was 15 1/2, had my learners permit a little over a week. So that would make it about June of 1961.

3. 16. 2 in one day..... Things haven't gotten better....

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

17........ 28 years ago

Tony

5. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

At age 16. Got my license on Monday and had my first ticket on Friday. It was '84
    and I was driving my much dropped 46 coupe. Car was still tan with "dutch style" green pinstripes, chrome steelies, flatty and straight pipes!

6. Deuces

Deuces

Lost my license at 16 and had to wait a year to get it back.. And don't ask why!! :eek:

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Got my first ticket at 16, and had lost my license 3 times by the time I was 18, once for a year for drag racing. :eek: Walking for a year taught me a lesson and I've only had one ticket since then, when I was about 45.

Don

8. 15... 40 years ago...he let me go if I would let my licensed friend drive the car home!

But the first one that "Stuck" was when I turned 17... I was delivering Pizzas in a Dodge Dart with a slant 6 Racing against another pair of Pizza delivery cars one a Volkswagen Beetle and a Gremlin down a one way street.

I was in the lead with the Gremlin on my rear quarter and the VW on the Gremlins rear bumper when we passed a cop on the beat... all he did was have a cop show up at all our places of work to wait for the culprits!

Pretty easy to do since all the cars were colorfully painted with the business name, location and phone number! Nothing like having "Sponsors" for your street racer!

I fought every single ticket to keep my license and it paid off for me as I watched my friends loosing theirs with less violations that I had.

The Judge got to know me pretty good and told me off the record that I should become a Lawyer!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-1BxGded604" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. 15.
    Nealy 45 years ago.
    In my '47 V8 sedan.

10. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Never had one ,,,53 years old i feel a bit weird ,,,been a bit lucky a few times though ,,,

11. LostHope

LostHope

im 27 never had a speeding ticket.had a parking ticket but was when i let a friend use my truck and he didnt put enough money in the parking meter downtown, he paid it!!

12. beauishere

beauishere

I was fifteen and had borrowed my uncle's truck for a date. At four corners in Kailua, a carload of grunts (Marines now-a-days) challenged me at the light. Took off like a bat out of hell heading towards Kalaheo Avenue. Unfortunately, we passed the Police station going about three times the limit. When they caught us, I ended up with a speeding ticket and an exhibition of speed. My date was way impressed we had won so it made it worth it. And in the early 70s they didn't hang you like they do now.

13. Muttley

Muttley

I was 30 and in my work (tow) truck. I was under the posted limit but was in tow so I ws supposed to be under 55 mph. I've never had a speeding ticket in a personal vehicle. Most of the stuff I've owned in my 20 years on the road was too low to go fast enough to be ticketed. :D :D

14. when i was 18, only one i ever got (touch wood). my older brother holds the record in our family, two speeding tickets on the night he got his licence then wrote the car off on the next night:D

15. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

I got my first at 18 and kept getting tickets right up to the point of losing my NY license but never got quite enough points to lose it. That with a few interferences with other vehicles and I was relegated to the NYS assigned risk insurance pool.

In 1971 I was paying $1,000 + per year for insurance- that was a ton of money for insurance in 1971.

16. louie the fly

louie the fly

When I was 18 I had this really hot ot mini. One night in the city I blew the doors of this car with these two dudes in it. When they caught up they pulled up next to me in the carpark of hungry jacks (like burger king) and busted my arse with a speeding ticket for 118 kph in a 60 zone. I think they were pissed off coz they got beaten.

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Still have my 1st speeding ticket in an old photo album, 17 seems such a long time ago now. x3 now.

18. 14 on the FFA tractor. 45 in a 30, I remember it well. 60 in a 45 the same year in my '59 Rielly, and driving without a liscence. The judge told me the next time he saw me for a traffic violation before I had my liscence I was becomming a guest of the state for 6 months.

19. Zaq

Zaq

16. Got a speeding, drag racing, and failure to slow down, ticket all at once! Pretty cool if ya ask me. Lol. And all together Ive had 9 tickets of different sorts, and Im only 21 right now. So all within 5 years, and Ive never had my license taken away, like some of you have said, its worth fighting them and going to court, alot of my friends have lost theirs with not even half the tickets ive had....

20. 62Furious

62Furious

I was 16 two weeks after I got my license, and by the end of the year I was walking, 3 speeding tickets in one year they take your license

21. I was 16 pulled over going 116mph dad still has the ticket

22. Deuces

Deuces

Last speeding ticket I got was in '95 doing 70 in a 55.. Now days, I drive an o/t '05 Ford GT droptop with "arrest me" red paint on it which I bought new and haven't been pulled over in yet!! Knock on wood!!! :rolleyes:

I do remember some years back when some punk kid in a rice burner was egging me on to race him while sitting at a red light.... I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed a new "unmarked" Dodge HEMI Charger cop car a few rows back... So, I gave the kid a nod and said ok!... As soon as the light turned green, the kid takes off blazing his front tires and I just creeped forward away from the intersection at a normal speed... Sure enough the cops were on the kid in a heartbeat.... I thought it was worth a good laugh.. :D
    Better him than me!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  23. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

My first was at 15. My mom was in the hospital for gall bladder surgery and dad and I were on the way back home from seeing here. We were driving a pretty nice 68 Mercury Park Lane 2 dr hardtop and he let me drive. I got nailed for doing 78 mph in a 55.

All dad said was: "You didn't have to drive that fast."

Of course he couldn't say a whole lot considering the oodles of speeding tickets he has gotten throughout the years.:D

24. I was 17 at the time and driving a '57 Chevy. The first of many, I've been a good boy (or lucky) since 1998.

25. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

15, Lewiston, Idaho - out by the dam, racing some guy named Jim.

26. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

First ticket was "careless driving" for spinning my tires. I was 18 in 1976 My last ticket was for improper lane change in the State if Indiana. I failed to use my signal in the interstate. I was pissed! I hadn't passed hardly anything that day because I was trying to eek out 30 mpg in Aurora on my way to Indy. $203.00 of "revenue gathering" I made up for it. Didn't spend a dime in Indiana for several years after that. I'd wait till I was in Kentucky, Illinois or MI to get gas.

27. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I was 16 and was caught doing 55 in 30 MPH zone, cop stopped me and said "drive staright home at the speed limit, and I will be following you." Got home and the cop told my Dad what I was doing and wrote a ticket to appear in front of the judge with my Dad. The old man beat the crap out of me and I lost my license for 6 months. The day I got my license back and the first trip in his car I was rear ended by my English teacher, actually she had a crush on me and that's no pun! Got an "A" in English and a pinch on the ass by her! That was 47 years ago.

28. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

16 in my mother's 72 Chrysler wagon coming down a hill in the neighborhood directly behind our house. 36 in a 25 but was still pretty weak by the officer to be fishing at the bottom of a steep hill.

29. flathead4d

flathead4d

Got my first speeding ticket on my 16th birthday in 1955. 42 MPH in a 25 MPH zone. Also got an excessive noise ticket at the same time. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to rap my pipes off under the overpass which the cop that was behind me (in an ummarked car) didn't appreciate. Actually he was the Chief on his way home from work. Gave me the two tickets and wished me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. PS: I still rap my pipes off whenever I go under that same underpass. LOL