Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newest Distraction - '59 Apache

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Jul 18, 2011.

1. The new daily driver.

[​IMG]

I got it from a guy named John from California. There was a box in the truck that was addressed to the "Acme Sausage Parlor" and there is this sticker in the back window.

[​IMG]

So apparently this guy is in the meat packing industry?!?! ;)

2. troylee

troylee

nice fleetside. i would lose the sausage packing sticker .

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dang, dave. you just get your hands on all the coolest stuff.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice score Daddy-O!!! What are the chances of you getting a truck with a meat packing sticker on the back when you are in fact in the fudge packing business yourself! :D

I like that damn truck a lot man!!! Are those firestone cheaters out back? Is that hinting at what's under the hood?

Not putting ideas in your head but a nice set of Chrome steelies (like on your old Vicky) and some black walls would look so rad!!!!

5. General Gow - Just lucky I guess... :p

JJ,
    I am NOT in the fudge packing business!! but, I do sell candy, and beer, and chips, and... ;)

The only reason the chrome wheels aren't on order is that I'm trying to get my friend to part with a set of Radirs. Either ones would look great on the truck.

As far as the engine, it's nuthing as cool as Turd's Caddy. Let's just say I'll have to keep the hood closed to keep the traditionalists on the board happy.

6. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Good lookin truck. If you put on the Raidirs post a picture. I have a set of them that I've been thinking of putting on my '59 Apache.

7. TomWar

TomWar

58 I sold with Keystone Raiders on it

Attached Files:

8. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

nice trokita, clean and solid.

9. pumpman

pumpman

Real nice truck, I'm thinking about getting my kid one for a dad & kid project. Really like the look of yours, nice score.

10. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Better the meat packing industry over the Fudge packing industry. If thats what that label said, I think it would be introduced to a razor blade & some "goo gone" quite quickly.

Otherwise nice truck!!! The front end is such a nice improvement over the '58

11. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Truck looks great in black...congrats !!

12. el shad

el shad

HELL YES!

You did great! I am jealous as hell!

13. Caddy-O,
    I love the bumper treatment on your truck. Did the bumper have to be modified?

14. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey guys,
    Dave got the truck from me and the sticker on the window is the Acme Speed Shop logo. I also got his 54 Vicky and will be posting about it later.

I don't want this sausage rumor to go viral (pun intended) so I will set the record straight. My good friend Bob Owens (Owens salvage) sends me parts from his salvage yard and he always addresses the boxes with crazy names. That box was one of his best so far. "Acme Sausage Parlor" had us laughing so hard we could hardly breath. in fact we had to let a few incoming calls go to voicemail cause the customers probably would not have understood.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

www.acme-speedshop.com

15. See....
    I couldn't make this shit up if I tried!

I just get a little confused sometimes. :rolleyes:

Loving the truck John. I haven't touched my Silverado since it arrived.
    I put a boat load of miles on it over the weekend.

16. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I am Loooooving the Vicky too. I have Been on the road since it got here but I will be driving it soon.

I told my friend about that box and he told me to trow it out so I didn't accidentally re use it and .... Well you know. I never imagined I would be explaining it to the whole world.

www.acme-speedshop.com

17. Well, if the whole world is reading this thread, I just helped make Acme Speed Shop world famous.

You can thank me later. Oh, and nothing says thank you like a few crisp 100 dollar bills. :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

How about a few soft and cuddly Acme shirts? You do like soft and cuddly right?

www.acme-speedshop.com

19. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Sweet congrats on the new toy,
    Martyn

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

22. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Great to see a plan come together...

23. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

That truck looks rad daddy yo! So what is under the hood??? LS1? Big block? VW Vortec? We must know!

I know, I know. You said its not hamb friendly. Soooo...it must be a small block chevy, lol. :D

24. Hey Terd, It's powered by a F.I. Vortec truck engine. :eek:

I had a PM asking why it was a distraction.

Well, I should be working on this:

[​IMG]

and the '34 needs finished up as well.

To add to the list, I am half way through remodeling one of my stores (doing it myself) and we are in the middle of building a new house and getting our old house all gussied up to sell.

Damn, I can never understand how someone can be bored. I haven't been bored in 15 years. :eek:

25. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I saw the truck at the Midland junk Feast today and it looks great! My only suggestion is that you don't change the wheel too soon. When I first got my roadster I was convinced that the Salt Flat wheels and 285/16 rear tires had to go. Most everyone else thought they were fine. Now after seeing it and driving it for a couple of months I've decided to leave it alone. You might try it Dave..... it's cheaper that way!

26. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice score. Great stance

27. Nice truck!! Congrats!

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

You crazy bastard...

I'll be happy to take one of those old coupes off your hands that way the truck can be less of a distraction and more of a focus!

Looks like a helluva lotta fun Dave!

29. Thanks, but uh, no thanks! The coupes are staying! :D

How your truck coming?

30. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Not too much....just a little trim around the top where it wraps around the fenders