Register now to get rid of these ads!

Courtney Halowell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ratster

ratster

damn, this sucks. he will be missed. R.I.P. court

2. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

I only met Courtney a handful of times, but knew that he was a genuine good guy. You couldn't help but get that impression from him. I didn't know him well, but I do know that even if you met him for a moment, you were a better person for it and that he made Cherry very, very happy.

Cherry, I will keep both you and Courtney's spirit in my prayers.
    My deepest condolences for both you and Courtney's family and friends.

Such sad news. God speed Courtney.

3. socalhotrodder

socalhotrodder

As the marketing director at Currie Enterprises I had the pleasure of working with Courtney on many occasions over the years. He was such a talented guy and SUCH an asset to our industry. He was one of those guys that would come into my shop and he was cool to everyone that works here - from the biggest guy upstairs to the littlest guy out back - treated everyone like a friend. You just don't see that often.
    I'll also remember the great times hanging with Courtney at car shows outside of work. Just an all around good dude.
    I will miss you man. Rest In Peace.

4. I also considered Court a friend and am very sad from this news. A ttremendous talent that is taken away too early..........

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

The last 24 hours havent been the easiest....RIP brother...you are missed...

6. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Courtney was one of the few people I sincerely called my friend. I got the call last night while driving from a Photoshoot in Wisconsin to another one in Arkansas. I had to pull the van to the side of the road because my hands where shaking so bad, and I still have no idea how I made it through this mornings Photoshoot.

I have a funny story about a inside joke Courtney and I had. Some guy came up to us while we where hanging out around a " bellflower' inspired car and started talking about how he has been into the "belltower" scene for a long time. Ever since courtney would just send me a random text that said DONG or BellTower and it would make me laugh.
    Without Titos influence and constant critique there would be no NotStock Photography or crazy 5,000 mile a month van trips.......love you brother....and always will

7. I feel for you Cherry! He was a great guy with alot to offer. He will be missed by many,obviously,by the response by everyone who ever met him. I didn't know him personally,but talked to him a few times. We had many friends in common.
    RIP Tito....

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I didn't know Court, but read a lot of his stuff gratefully. Obviously way too soon...

9. Philbilly

Philbilly

R.I.P. Courtney

10. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

Very sad news. I had the privilege to meet Courtney at a couple of truck shows back in the day and he was always a good guy. I am very sorry to hear this news. Best wishes to all his dear friends and family.

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Wow! I'm at a loss for words....God Speed.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

12. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Did'nt know the man but can tell from the posts he really left an impression. God Speed Mr. Halowell.

13. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I knew of the man from from the magazines he wrote for, and from his postings here on the HAMB. Both were well written and well thought out!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

14. krooser

krooser

Always a shock to lose a good friend... my condolences to you and to his family.

RIP....

15. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

What a shame. I used to read Courtney's work in Minitruckin and recently got to chat with him through Facebook. He will be missed by so many. We should be proud of him for the mark he left on the industry.

16. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

He shot the 1st truck I ever had in a mag. back in 95 for Construction Zone.

Would see him here and there at shows and he always had a bunch guys hanging around him, or trying to talk to him, so I never bothered him, but if he seen me he'd always say "Hey, or how's it going?" Then would talk a little....Nice guy.

Life's shorter than it should be....

17. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

I knew Court for 20+ years. I first met him in the late 80's then joined his minitruck club "Class Act" back in 1990. Thats when the fun and life long memories began. He helped me and others achieve the dream of having a cover and feature minitruck. He was a great guy and will live forever in the truck, car and bike scene! Rest In Peace my old friend.

Attached Files:

18. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Man that's crazy. I didn't know anything about this. Prayers up for him and his family.

19. tre5

tre5
    from az

I grew up reading Tito's stuff in the magazines. I have had the pleasure of meeting him and chatting it up several times. He will be missed for sure!
    Brant at Graphic Disorder is making sure we don't forget him. NC wanted to make these shirts available to anyone. Brant is doing them for no profit ($5 per shirt, $5 for shipping, total of $10). I just thought I would share the info on here in case anyone was interested.
    http://www.tito.graphicdisorder.com

God Speed Tito!

20. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Sorry to hear that, RIP

Gordon

21. Killer

Killer

please dig deep. I would really like it if his Mom and Dad didnt have to pay for anything.

Thanks all for the kind words and stories.

J

DONATIONS FOR COURTNEY HALOWELL
    by Jeff Davy on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 2:24pm
    The account is set up threw Wells Fargo. There are several ways to go about donating. First is send a check to Devious Customs at 6942 Ed Perkic st unit G riverside CA 92504 make payable to Courtney Halowell. Second walk into any Wells Fargo and give them his name and account no. **see below for new account number** Third you can do a wire transfer from any bank. There is a fee for wire transfer. These donations are for the family to help with the costs of funeral expenses of Courtney Halowell. Please copy and post for Tito. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  22. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

RIP always enjoyed his articles..........a great loss. May god bless those left behind.

23. j-dogg

j-dogg

I remember reading about his adventures with the MAZDAWG when I was a kid.

24. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Have read a millions words of his. Wow such a loss.

25. 133

Killer, is there any word on what the cause of death was? if you don't mind me asking of course.

26. Will be ordering especially to wear at the tribute in Las Vegas during SEMA - I think he would find all the attention a bit humerous.

27. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Dam, heard the news yesterday from an old friend of mine.. I met Courtney back in early '08 when I bought my '57 F100 off him,(that I just happened to sell a couple months ago),wish he could of seen what it looked like before I sold it...

We were actually both in the middle of moving when he sold me the truck, and as a result he gave me a few things and bought me some house warming stuff to help with my move even though I had just met him. I haven't talked to him since, but he made a lasting impression on me and we had mutual friends... Good guy, and gone way too soon. R.I.P.

-Aaron

28. 55 on bags

55 on bags

RIP TITO Camber for life

29. ryno

ryno

just ordered one of everything, i thought the same thing as soon as i saw the t-shirt! must keep it clean till sema!

30. Killer

Killer

Wells Fargo messed up the account. We will have a new account number shortly.