Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Holy Grail Deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce-Merchant, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

As you guys probably know, I like 32 Fords
    Ever since I saw my buddies 32 B-400, I was hooked, they are my favorite car.
    Here is a pic of his car, he was at Deuce Day 2010
    [​IMG]
    I started to Make one a few yrs ago with templates and pics from original cars and help from a lot of good people.
    Here is what I got done before I stalled out.
    [​IMG]
    I was on Ebay a few weeks ago, and I saw the most rare things I have ever wanted, the back half of my car.I thought hard and didnt know where I was going to get the money from for these, but I bid anyway.
    I was sure someone would drive the price way up, but in the end, I was the only bidder and got them shipped to me for a good price
    [​IMG]
    They even have the very rare inner brackets.
    [​IMG]
    Im sure Tinmann will say that these arent 32 Ford, and he would be right, they are 31 A-400, but with a zip cut and a welder, they will be 32 in no time.
    I have a new rush of energy to work on this again, so I have to start pulling parts out of storage again.
    When is the Next Deuce Day LOL

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Congrats- it's a great feeling when something like this drops in your lap, ain't it!

3. fatkoop

fatkoop

You have ambition, my friend. This would not be a project for the faint of heart. Good on ya.

4. swissmike

swissmike

Good for you! That's a tall order.
    Personally I never felt the love for 400s and Vickies, but I can appreciate the effort.

5. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

I think is awesome! One of my favorite cars because you just dont see them that often. 3 windows, 5 windows and roadsters seem to be a dime a dozen but these really catch my eye because they stand out and look really nice in my opinion. Cant wait to see more progress, make sure you do a build thread!

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is cool and looks like a bargin... rare, Model A or not..

7. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thats cool! The B-400 is one of my all time favorites! Good luck man!

8. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

B400 = Top of the food chain!!!

9. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I built one of those years ago to practice PhotoShop... but I started with some pretty nice parts cars

[​IMG]

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I know a guy that built one from a 2dr to hotrod but he did have a cherry original body to get accurate measurements from.

11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I had the man in Canada build me one several years ago out of a 2 door. I never finished it and sold it to a man in WI and he has it just about finished. It will fool most of the experts.

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That would be Walter K. I think he has done at least 3 of them. Kelly if you want his ph. # I can pass it on.
    Duane

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

OOh it's got General Jumbo wheels too, pure class.

Good luck with your project.

14. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Marcel has built a complete reproduction body for one of Boyd's old customers and it is at Poor Boys being completed. I remember Boyd built one for Jamie in the 80's and later purchased it back. I love the rare B-400. Here are some photos for your inspiration. Keep pushing as dreams do come true.

Attached Files:

15. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Tom at Southern Rods in Greer SC had a real nice 32' B-400 all black with Halibrands .

16. Wow, I'm a newbie to the older cars....I've never seen a b-400 before....how many were built? they look awesome

17. hershambob

hershambob

i get to drive a glass one about when im in socal,just thought ide say

18. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Thats a HELL of an undertaking. Good luck, and keep plugging at it.

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Cabriolet 6,091

Convertible sedan 926 :) :D ;)

Five-window Standard coupe 51,794

Fordor sedan 37,363

Panel delivery 6,122

Phaeton 2,490

Roadster 12,597

Sedan delivery 400

Station wagon 1,383

Sport coupe 2,911

Three-window Deluxe coupe 22,148

Tudor sedan 124,101

Victoria 8,580

With only 976 units made, you KNOW there cannot be many left after 79 years.
    I could have bought a rough one many years ago. It was laying in a pig pen ... complete with PIGS. I passed on it ... the B-400 just did not trip my trigger. I was after a roadster. I went back there a few years ago and the farm was now a shopping center. :(

20. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I remember one in magazines years ago that the guy chopped it like an inch or so just so it wouldn't ever be restored... you don't even see many A-400's let alone rodded B-400's... best of luck

21. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

[I have a new rush of energy to work on this again, so I have to start pulling parts out of storage again.[/QUOTE]

Any updates?

22. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Keep up with the good luck! You will need plenty but you will have your dream eventually if you don't lose sight (or your mind).

23. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

No updates, went in to look for the parts, but have to move a few bodies and stuff to get them out, might happen in a few months when the yard work is done.

Thanks for the comments
    Kelly

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is a great find, did the seller know what he had, and were the listed properly? Just noticed that the B-400 or is it 400-B has a windsheild taller than the door, does a Cabriolet have the same setup? Good luck with the build. Bob[​IMG]

25. basicbob

basicbob

Kelly, just checking to see if any progress was made on your B400. Great project, wish I lived closer so I could stop in and look at you 32 collection. How far are you from the Portland swap meet? Thanks, Bob

26. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

Hey Bob
    Im about 8hrs drive north of Portland, we used to go to the swap every year, but havent been for a few now.

I know the B-400 has the same windshield frame as the sport coupe, but I have never had any of the other rare bodies to compare this stuff to, so not sure on what is the same ???

I hope to get some parts pulled out soon, I just got a better cowl and nice subrails, so I might just start from scratch again

Kelly

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

Kelly, any updates yet? Victoria deuce day is coming again....

28. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

29. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Deuce, That's a nice collection of parts you have going. Good luck with your project, mine has been moving along for 5 years now and hopefully we will get it running and driving this year.

Cliff Ramsdell

30. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

Sorry for the delay guys, I have a surprising update coming in the next few weeks.
    I will post it then

Kelly