Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad ass mail box.......thanks Rowland Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gunk, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

We have the same problem here smarg, a hole neighbor kids got my mail box last weekend.
    This time it was fixable with a hammer and dolly. The next time I can not fix it the new mail box will have 1/4" plate formed inside of it.

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Please!!!!! someone save this one from the scrap yard. At least save it for someone who will restore it and save it from turning to earth! Oh the horror,......sorry,just got off the sitting and rotting thread and I'm a little wound up. er out!

3. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm thinking about pickin this box up. Does anyone know if Brookville is repoping doors for this model? I saw some on speedway but I just want to run a chinese door on my gennie box.

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

They're all pretty bad-ass !

5. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is one my son built and took 2nd place in state comp. for school 1/8 plate

6. Brookville has had my door on back order for 6 months. Something about a specific die they are having made. I'll let you know if I hear anything

7. belair

belair

I like those pin stripes, Grits.

8. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

If you have an idea to paint your car and aren't sure if you would like it, paint your mailbox with the scheme. That is a cheap way to see it and would not very costly.

CN

9. Kinky6

Kinky6

All right, I'll let the cat outta the bag; this mailbox is new fibreglass, the patina is Krylon, sawdust, mixed media and decals. :rolleyes:

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

10. wendle

wendle

Mine, in a different (and much less talented) medium. :)

I regularly find my mail box sitting at the bus stop across the road. I couldn't imagine having as much time in it as some of the beautifully painted ones in this thread have.

[​IMG]

11. can somebody photo chop that?

12. Here's one I saved from the local scrap yard many years ago. It's cast iron and had been busted with a large hammer. It was in 18 pieces (some large, some small) and took an afternoon with a tig welder to make it presentable. I'm afraid to put it by the street because it's very heavy and I don't want to have to buy it back from the scrap yard AGAIN.

Jim

Attached Files: