Register now to get rid of these ads!

H-bomb runs again but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by max wedge, Jul 17, 2011.

1. I cant keep it running in gear! It acts like it needs a higher stall convertor once I take it out of park. Any ideas?

2. In a blushing moment GV informed me after he bought the Touring that I had the vac line hooked up to a hole that was not drilled all the way thru............................

3. I think I might need to go thru that carb, although It fired right up. Seems like it could use some cleaning.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Check for vacuum leaks.

5. Glad to hear that the H-Bomb is on the move again...check the Vacuum Modulator

6. Im hoping to get it road worthy enough to drive to our next show saturday, but I think I need help.

7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

If vac and stuff in right ?,
    Stall speed ,hmmmm,;
    Anytime your idel is set higher then the motor that a stall speed con. was set for as stock than yes it trys to go pretty hard,but if your idel is lowered it should only take a fairly small on brake foot,is case if ya have a very lite car vs the load of the car it was made for to start with.
    The point is idel needs to be 500 to 600 or close to what a very stock car had. Now if a motor has big cam and or big carbs or big high intake=will not idel that low=then needs higher stall speed.
    I've seen a lot buy what they did not need,cus of wrong settings.

8. I agree to check the simple stuff first like vacuum lines. As for the converter, a stock stall speed is around 1600-1800 usually. Of course that is maxed, and it is a lot tighter before that. Even a pretty big cam can pull against it, although running bad, it should not make it die soon as you put in gear. Can you put in gear with a light throttle, sort of like fast idle? That may allow you to keep it running. Make sure you have good brake before putting in gear as it will obviously jump forward.

9. I was going to werk on it tonight but it is obnoxiously humid here!

10. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

Aaron! Rad. yea.. its pretty sticky

11. How's everything going lil-chris?

12. Any progress on the H-bomb Aaron? Hope to see it on the road soon.

13. titus

titus

kidcampbell71 likes this.