Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Ford Customline lowering blocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solo_909, Jun 15, 2011.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

looks good.. now you just need to let the air out the front hahaha! looks good buddy.. first time ive seen a pic of your car...its got shiny paint.. im jealous!

2. solo_909

solo_909

LoL I have the aerostar springs for it I just was too lazy to put them in. Thanks it's in pretty good shape compared to my last car.

3. FYI...

Aerostar coils and 3" blocks

[​IMG]

More pics in my profile album

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  4. solo_909

solo_909

That looks nice! Did you remove the bumpstops in the rear? Does it hit the trans tunnel or did you notch that? With having 4" blocks and sagging old leaf springs looks like I might have to cut a coil from the aerostars.

5. I've got Jamco 4" reverse eye and 2" blocks with 61 Ford truck shocks and aero star front springs.

6. I do have a notch cut in my floor pan just forward of the rear end / drive shaft joint. It was cut when I had my old springs and 4" blocks. I suggest put a couple big girls in the back, ride around and notch out the shinney part that rubbed.

7. 54RAT

54RAT

daddy o's diner, how about a close up of those tail lights? I'm wanting to put olds lenses in my 54
    thanks

8. I trimmed the bump stops and the driveshaft did rub on the floor on bigger bumps.
    Never had anyone in back seat - so probibly would require a slight notch to the floor if you haul a lot of passengers.

For a close up of my tail lights - see my profile album lots of pics there.

9. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Watch your scrubline...

Looking good, lower isn't always better.... but it is????. The guys that slam have huge mods. Your doing a static drop. Get some big fat white walls on it.

And put those aero's in and level it out!

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i've got 2" jamco springs and 2" blocks in the rear. and i have 3 1/2" drop spindles from fatman in the front. it looks to sit really similar to daddy o's, even though numerically, i have more rear drop. the reality is that i don't think those jamco springs a full 2". anyway, i am pretty happy with it. i still have a few inches to the bump stops.

[​IMG]

11. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

general gow, might I say that the new springs still have some spring. Making for a better ride in my opinion. Did the same thinking that I would have actual drop. But the springs had more lift. Some blocks fixed that. Tight ride compared to the sloppy old springs.

Like your car! What wheel caps?

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

saxon, that's a really good point. new springs probably do raise the car some. and it does still ride quite well, bottoming out only when i don't make good driving choices...

the wheel covers are '56 plymouth.

13. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha this is exactly what i did!! Well, except for the big girls part!:D just cut out the shiny part...

14. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

OK Guys!!!! These old '50's Fords have 2" wide rear springs. All the regular Auto Parts Stores I have checked (Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, etc) have are for the later model vehicles that have 2-1/2" wide springs. That's the reason we, at Butch's, manufacture these correct 2" wide blocks in 2", 3" and 4" drop (quality Cast Aluminum Blocks) and include grade 5, rolled thread, Zinc Plated U-Bolts in the correct corresponding lengths with Nylon Lock Nuts.

Personnaly, I like the 4" blocks on the '54 because stance is EVERYTHING and because you gotta unhook the lower shock mount and use a bottle jack to jack the spring down to change the flat tire if you ever get one???

YOU GOTTA HAVE THE "RIGHT" STANCE OR YOU AIN'T GOT NUTHIN'... RIGHT?
    Thanks, Butch

Attached Files: