Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruisin' The Gut 2011 pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JDocherty, Jul 17, 2011.

1. JDocherty

JDocherty

2. JDocherty

JDocherty

And a few more...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Payaso

Payaso

We thought the Night Cruise would be going on...we got there around 10:30...Everyone was gone...it's ashame cruising has become a 'few hours outta the day', that's a Parade...No longer do people cruise all evening, and late into the night...then grab a bite to eat at a greasy diner...Our Convoy rolled in, hoped that the DQ would be hop'n...No such Luck.

Everyone getting 'Soft'???? Crusing starts when the sun starts to set...until the tank runs low!! And then some...

Ah Well...

4. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

That green '40 Ford pickup is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

5. pinman 39

pinman 39

Nice pics I was there last year sitting in front of Subway very nice event .

6. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

10:30 was about the time we left not because we were done but because the "cruise" had turned into an effed up mess. The orginizers need to either shorten the route or put some traffic control in place. Too many people going off route then cutting back in caused the south end of town to turn into a parking lot. 1-1/2 hours to move 2 blocks while seeing the same handful of cars go by in the opposite direction 4 or 5 times. The south end of town was not traditionally cruised back in the day (70's). Also too many daily drivers on the route. The street party was fun but the cruise needs some work......

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Great job on the photos. Glad to get another look at Coupe Deluxe's black 40. I would love to see more of the copper/bronze [?] 40 standard coupe. Got any????

8. redbeardrides

redbeardrides

Here are some more pics of cruising the gut. It was a great event, and all kinds of cars.

Attached Files:

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Some neat cars there. I like the Econoline pickups.

10. redbeardrides

redbeardrides

more pics.

Attached Files:

11. silversink

silversink

On the 23rd in McMinnville there is a cruiseing the gut festival that lasts till 10:00, and starts in the Morning. 500 cars expected along with live band(5 or 6 of them) playing all day.
    If you don't have a car come join the fun and for a donation you can ride with a member of the Igntitors car club. Last year it rained and 250 cars showed , this year looks like a good forcast----lets have fun.

12. racerzippy

racerzippy

A lot of the people had been ther from noon until about 10:00 and the traffic snarl on the south end was just too long a wait to get through. Hopefully the promoters will get some traffic help next year and this thing will keep growing. Ther was a lot of really nice cars and a pretty good crowd. Last years' problems with guys squirreling around and general stupidity had the police watching closely. But the majority were well behaved this year and the Vancouver police were fairly lax on everything but burnouts, speeding, and three-wheeling by the low-riders. All in all it was a pretty good time had by all!

13. couverkid

couverkid

That is my dads. It is a good driver.

14. mustangdug

mustangdug

Really? Guess you didnt cruise back in the day. First off, It didnt take 1 1/2 hours to go 2 blocks, I timed it and the longest was around 8-9 and it took 30 min to go from DQ to Mill Plain. And yeah it was all done by 11:00. Many cars, including mine was there at noon, so crusing for 10 hours is plenty. Seeing the same cars? Well hell yea, thats why you cruise to see the f-ing cars!

IF you shorten the route wouldnt that make things worse?

Did they have traffic control back in the day?

Come on, this is a free for all cruise event. It's setup and promoted by 1 guy and a few buddys, whom I am one of. Anyone can drive it, like back in the day, and come and go as they please, like back in the day. More oganized is not what it needs, it just needs to happen like it did back in the day.