Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Edsel lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hivolt5.0, May 23, 2011.

1. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Rizzo that Edsel sat real nice. You had Aerostars and a 4in block right? Is that on 15 in wheels? That skinny white wall looked right on that car, too.

2. redneck reverend

redneck reverend

My wife has been supportive of my car addiction but not really all that interested. She all of a sudden has become obsessed with Edsel wagons! I'm pretty stoked on the idea. I've always thought they were cool and different. As well as respected their ingenuity. I'm looking for a project car for my wife. Just saying that makes me smile.

3. edsel

edsel

redneck reverand I know a guy in Idaho with a really nice project 58 edsel bermuda (woody) wagon I think he said he would sell for around $1500, if interested PM me and I can get you his number. he also has a few other wagons as he parts out edsels. edsel

4. gorzel

gorzel

Hi
    Any body have any parts for a 58 edsel I need a manual sterring set up. What I need is the center link and the idler bracket that goes to the frame on pass side.
    Thanks Gene

5. gorzel

gorzel

Here is some pics of my 58 pacer project

Attached Files:

6. 390 is assembled and stabbed, just need to paint the W/P and now using the stamped timing cover.
    '79 Tbird disk and Aerostar Springs in.
    Just need to install the Mustang Master and figure what flex lines to use on this set up.
    Trans mount and exhaust she will move under her own power, and then I can progress aft of the firewall.

[​IMG]

7. greg

greg

Thunderrocket, I love it!! looks great!

8. Good progress so far! Please don't install a Camaro front clip or a 454/700r4 combo in it! Please? We can help you along with your build as far as suspension and drivetrain mods go. Edsels are too cool as is. Plus, it has your family history. Please don't f it up.....

9. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I should be able to help you out. PM me.

10. rizzos56

rizzos56
    from .

ya aerostar spings up front with 4in blocks in the rear. but it has the stock 14in wheels

11. Jeff: Got the Edsel parts Friday! Thanks! Now our wagon can have the correct 14" shoes......

12. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I didn't know I liked edsels so much! I read this every time I'm on here.. I have even been looking at edsel parts on ebay.. When I get my 57 TPC I will be looking there often. LOve the edsel spinner hubcaps and the dash.. Cool....

13. Welcome to our sickness..........

14. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I think the time has come.... Keep an eye out in the classifieds.

15. edselfish

edselfish

just noticed this thread.thought i would add in my 59 corsair convert here in SOUTH AUSTRALIA.purchased it out of colorado in '07.original pink (talisman red) car and drives real nice.
    this thread has been a wealth of great information.

i havent been over to the states since '07 and have been trying to come back at some point.being lazy to gettting around to organise a trip back.hopefully soon.........

Attached Files:

16. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Your welcome.

Glad I could help you out.:)

17. Say it aint so........:(

18. hotdamn

hotdamn

trade ya;)

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

Where's all the 2 door Edsel wagons?

20. Ask and you shall recieve :p

Oldmics

Attached Files:

Spooky likes this.
  21. I found these today. They are from G3 2011

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

lowered with Aerostar springs?

this car is nice, i like it.

23. There were none in '59/'60.
    I found a '59 Ford 2dr Ranch and thought of making a phantom, but decided to just roll this Villager.

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Shanes Edsel is badass. I havent seen those 2 pics.

25. This "phantom" '60 Villager 2 door wagon is so cool!

[​IMG]

It looks so natural, you'd think that this station wagon came straight from the Louisville factory. But the Edsel Division never offered a 2-door Villager for 1960.

This customized creation belongs to David Hooten of Wisconsin. It's been shown at many IEC meets, and currently has a VIN body code of "59A" (which was used in the 1958 model year to designate a 2-door wagon). But by the looks of this car, it should've been offered in '60, too

Spooky likes this.
  26. Last edited: Jul 31, 2011