Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Buick Special Wagon roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratz, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

2. Well, YOU get it, now. Learning is a good thing. I'd buy you a beer. But, I'd still pick on that poor car.

3. LabRat

LabRat

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

wait just a minute here..........ONLY IN WISCONSIN!

5. fanspete

fanspete

I read every post ripping on this guy and, well.....SONOFABITCH, next time sell the cool wagon that's no where near unrepairable and buy a........no, just don't do shit....PLEASE.
    I can only pray that he still has the roof and it gets put back on.

FoMoCo, no body living in Ills. has any call to rip on Wisc. or any other state!!!! Just sayin'!

6. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I wanna know what happened to the mouse piss..............

Could some one explane the long ladder bars under it? Are they attached to the windshield reinforcment pipe?

Maybe one of those small protable hot tubs in the back.

7. title of this should have been "how NOT to buid a car".... I'm still ashamed to admit that I have seen pictures of it.

8. Hey Hey with the Monkees!

IBTL!

9. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

say a prayer for that thing - its crusher fodder

10. 2Loose

2Loose

A 61 Buick Special Wagon is a "Classic Automobile" ???? (sez that somewhere back in this thread....) WTF man, I ran a brand new one into a 250 lb mule deer when I was 19, it was a POS then, and still is, chop the fucking top off and make use of it, haul manure, haul girls to the beach in the summer, whatever.... If you think it's some sort of "Classic", you certainly do not belong on the HAMB....
    Sorry man, just my opinion and I do not like dumpin' on this guy, what are you a buncha 12 year olds???
    OH Yeah, and "restoring" a wagon like this, what is that, NerdsVille????
    Sorry man, I hadda vent.....

11. Well let's see;If you want to take the word "traditional" and apply it to hot rods and customs(which is the main theme of this forum)then I would(and this is my opinion)consider 28-29 Model A roadsters on Deuce rails and 32 Ford highboy roadsters as being traditional hot rods. You would logically have to exclude coupes and sedans as these were never considered true hot rods by the roadster boys.1934 and up Fords were likewise never considered true hot rods so I guess we'll have to kick Ryan off the board because he has a 38 Ford.
    Traditional customs would likely be considered 36 Ford coupes and roadsters(and maybe cabriolets).You would have to exclude 49-51 Fords and Mercurys because these were not the original traditional customs.
    Moving right along we have threads on Ramblers,Hudsons,Dodges,Plymouths,all manner of pickup trucks,55 Chevys,55-57 Fords,gassers,etc. If you stop to look at all the threads that are NOT related to the traditional cars I mentioned,that would likely make up about 90% of the posts on here.
    Looking at the forum stats it seems we have slightly over 147,000 members here.How many of them do you think are purely traditional-liking hot rodders?Probably less than the 10%(arbitrarily)that relate to traditional cars.
    A lot of people on here berate the so-called,"gold chainers" because it is perceived that they look down their noses at traditional hot rodders;aren't we acting the same way in berating someone whose taste in car building doesn't run true to ours?
    Again it's just my opinion folks;don't take it personal.

12. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

with some unrat rodding it could be a fun summer beater built this caddy in 2 weeks as a summer beater and it is still around 5 years later and just as fun.

Attached Files:

13. brewster55

brewster55

Lololol

14. While weird looking, the "twin height" scoop probably works.

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Morning all, can't believe this is still up, but like I said in an earlier post I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Safariknut, after reading your "opinions" it is my "opinion" that you are splitting hairs. It is my "opinion" that anyone with even half a clue of what this place is here for understands that the vehicle in question is an epic fail and its "builder", after reading the flaming he has got on this thread should do one of two things. If he does not now understand that his "build" is not suitable for this place then he should take his bad taste and fuck back off to "killbillet", where he can piss and moan about how crap the HAMB is and how we are all ass holes. Or, he can realise the error of his ways, look around this place until he "gets it" and use it as a useful tool on his new voyage of discovery on the path towards something more traditional. Please do not take offence at this post, as it is only my "opinion". I guess I don't understand why a long-standing member of this board such as yourself would take the time and effort to defend this atrocity.
    Paul

16. autobilly

autobilly

I apologise for perpetuating this thread, but I believe that Badshifter's eloquent and accurate comment is well worth the consideration of everyone on here.
    Any member who hasn't taken the time already, would do well to read this:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

17. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

This is better??????

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

No but it shows that the top was not as bad as the OP stated. But then I figured the OP was a lost cause with the ratz handle...

19. kingpins

kingpins

i see cars like this all the time at local cruize ins aswell as car shows....i always think to my self that when they go to shows do they really think there car is cool? even with all those nic nacs and flat black rattle can jobs and any ol shit from in the shop or junk yard thrown on there? i dont get it. looks like that use to be a nice car. im just wondering also when these people go to shows and see a guy with the same car thats well thought out, badass and amazing, what goes on in there head? do they regret what they have done and the mess they have made or do they still think that there car is really cool? people who do this kind of shit to cars are just silly to me. as i always say..."any time you have to put nic-nacs and trinkets on a car to attract attention you failed at building it right" just my opinion..

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This has to be the longest "Rat Rage" in HAMB history. Gary

Hey, it's an "Art" car!

Attached Files:

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.