Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Anyone know where to get 1950 Ford parts in Norcal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grego31, Jun 25, 2011.

1. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

I am looking for some body parts for my 1949-1959 Ford Shoebox. I found some in the Midwest and on the east coast but shipping is going to kill me and I have tried the relay route but you have to be lucky for the pickup and drop off points.
    I am needing something in the Sacramento or Bay area do I can keep it close and spend my time to drive.
    Pm if you have some info. Secret spots will be kept secret and not broadcasted.
    Thanks all.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. T tyme

T tyme

Check craigslist. I saw a trunk lid an a hood for a 49 a couple weeks ago. I think it was from the santa rosa area, I have a 49 also. I have a grill an bumper not in the best of shape, an front seat springs, an some outside body moldin.

3. srfd132

srfd132

Might try these guys... I've never stopped in there but they have a bunch of cars. It's right off I-5, you can see it from the freeway. I usually swap a lane or two as I'm passing by. http://www.bigmauto.com/index.html

4. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Any more leads from the weekend crowd?

5. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

What parts are you looking for? Give Blue Collar Customs in Sacramento a call, they might know of some. Did you put an ad in the wanted section of the classified here?
    I have a really nice set of fender skirts if you're interested. Cheap.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Big M in Williams Ca. has a few of them out there. I did a thread awhile back called the field of dreams. I remember taking pictures of a few them. I'll post the link up.

- - Projects If you like Kustoms this should be considered the field of dreams (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487846)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  7. evintho

evintho

+3 on Big M's in Williams. Took a walk through their yard last year. Wall to wall 50's cars! Reasonable prices too. I'm sure there's a couple of shoeboxes in there!

Also, there's a yard in Richmond that deals with '50's-'60's cars. Don't know the name of it but it's about 2022 Richmond Parkway, Richmond, CA. 94801. Google Earth it.

Here's the decklid T Tyme was talking about. Still available for $100
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/2478850907.html

What body parts are you looking for?

8. Dave K

Dave K

Over the last year there has been plenty of shoebox for stuff on bay area/sac craigslist. You will find the parts you need at a good price if you keep looking

9. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

They might have something for ya. . .

Gerdes Auto Wreckers
    1000 Gerdes Lane, Cloverdale, CA
    <nobr>(707) 894-8519</nobr> &#8206;

10. shoeboxford.com

All you want is there---Chris is the man

11. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Thanks for the leads. I will continue the hunt tomorrow.
    On a side note, chris from shoebox ford.com has come thru a lot but a hood and large sheet metal is expensive to ship out to the west coast.
    Thanks for the help. Keep it coming!

12. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Like others have said big M is the place. I have been to the place in richmond too but they do not like to sell anything.

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

The guys in Richmond are assholes. I was in there once and noticed a pair of magnesium Halibrand spinlde mount wheels on a shelf. I asked the guy at the counter what he was asking for them and he replied, "I'll take a grand but I'm sure you can't afford them". I left, went to the bank, came back and slapped the grand on the table, told him to kiss my "Black" ass, grabbed MY wheels off the shelf and left. Haven't heard anything nice about the place since.

Try Big M, he's also a HAMB member.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

was at Big M not too long ago, not much left on Shoebox Fords-but, maybe have what you need. use: searchtempest.com to search craigslist for specific parts/cars, etc.
    put up a Wanted Ad here?

15. Jay Yuskaitis

Jay Yuskaitis

Have you tried "Old Santa Rita Towing" in Pleasanton ? I had good luck many moons ago. Jay y.

16. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Found a hood up in Yuba City, he also had several other hoods for 60's Cadi's and Chevy cars. PM me and I can give you his phone number.
    He also had some Covair hoods and trunks if anyone is interested.