Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The beatnik blowout 7-2-11 ventura fair grounds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, May 25, 2011.

1. I had a blast. I love events that brings friends together from far away. Jerry/Bonnie/Mr and Mrs Gambino/John Denich/Miguel/Paul......... are a few of the people I only get to see a few times each year and enjoy hanging out with. My buddy Rick (Gassersgarage) won best Hot Rod, but insist I have the trophy since I built the car. THANKS Rick!

Attached Files:

2. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

"My buddy Rick (Gassersgarage) won best Hot Rod, but insist I have the trophy since I built the car. THANKS Rick!"

classy move- congrats to you both <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

3. Anybody got an extra 2xl shirt from the event for sale? Hook a Brutha up?

4. Rick's got class....

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hey John, I tried to get you to pose with the car when it was photographed for Rod & Kulture too. LOL

6. jfrolka

jfrolka

Not too many cars came out at all... bad timing for a weekend?

7. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

we live in SoCa and are lucky to have so many show's to pick from !!me and the club were set to go but it fell apart :( so some of us went to one in Huntington Beach :D I like small show you can readly get to know the car's and people !

8. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Congrats to both of you. Wish I could've gone.......

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I based my decision on the weather. It's always been perfect weather at Seaside Park. Last year, I tried another show and it was hot, hot, hot.................

10. What time did you leave Motel 6? I took off at 4.30AM Sunday (and U were already gone) to beat the heat. My Vette was a sauna on Friday

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

We went to sleep at 7 pm and woke at 2 am, so we ate breakfast at Dennys. Dennys was crowded. We probably left at 3 am. Driving out, we set off car alarms (LOL).

You saw how crowded Motel 6 was? I already got my room for the Ventura Nationals.

12. You went to sleep @ 7PM? Good thing I didn't call you when I got back from Kiwi Kevs at 9PM as I planned. LOL

13. Alex it sounds like a great time wish I could go,have fun!!

14. jandk

jandk

Anybody know who the winners were...pics of the cars

15. Nipomo Paul get best of show with his killer candy gold chopped 59 Elcamino, and a really nice brown 42 Ford truck won best truck. It too was killer