Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cookie's 1956 cadillac... the whole story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cookiemonster131, Jun 28, 2011.

1. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

this is correct, thats what we do!

2. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

So on the phone with the NCDMV this AM trying to track down my bonded title and it looks like it might still be waiting a little while longer....

3. belair

belair

Great story, hope you get that title soon.

4. Luther Grimace

Luther Grimace

Great looking Caddy! How did you lower it 4 inches?

5. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

the car is in my name i just want the title in my hand ;-)

As for lowering the car i had new coils made for the front per my specs. The rear is lowered with 4" blocks. there is not enough arch in the leaf springs to have them dearched for 4" inches.

6. Looks Great! can't wait to see it again up close.

7. Cool ride! Congrats! Is that a 350 you installed? I surely understand the challenges you had with the modifications on installation.I recently did the same set-up on my '56 Sedan Deville. 350 (with electric fuel pump,lol!) with 700R4 tranny.
    cheers

8. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

well i will be damned, i talked to Mr. Fisher (the owner who bought it in 1958 and kept it until 2009 when his relative sold it to me) and he gave the background as he remembered it (which sadly was not much as he is in his 80s). Really cool guy to talk to. He is a packard, studebaker, cadillac nut and says he sold off about 30 cars 2 years ago and still has over 50 in various conditions. One more piece to the puzzle ;-)

9. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Wowww, that car sits nice ... must be fun dodging the potholes! :D I like it, it has so much more attitude without bags. I love the fact that it's a 4dr hardtop too.

How blown up is the motor? Can I have it? :D

10. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

Mr. Fink nice try, the motor went to Hot Damn for being so dialed and then it went to about 900 other people from there.

11. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

Got my title from the state of NC and the car has been relaxing while it is 95+ degrees here daily... on the other hand here is the background story. i wanted this car as i said before because my dad owned one in the 70s which he got from his uncle. it was a mountain laurel fleetwood. i bought a sedan deville because i prefer the roof shape but you get the idea. My dad worked for the railroad and this is a pic from 1974 when it was still in washington state before he loaded it on a train car and brought it back to WV. one of the last rides in this car before my dad sold it was he took me and my brother to the knoxville worlds fair in 82!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sololobo

sololobo

Cookie, dude what a score. This is one of my dream cars, and that is one of the coolest ever. Love the orig color and the four door hardtop is elegance deluxe. Congrats on the great score and a super nice job of getting it right on the road. ~sololobo~

13. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

14. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

well guys i have been driving the car again the past week... the brakes were still not perfect and i was lucky enough to have Chris P. come lay his brake master hands on the car and after 6 hours him and i got it perfect. THANK GOODNESS! so i got a kick in the ass and my punch list is getting shorter by the day now that i am enjoying it again!!!!

15. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

still plugging away at it and have been revamping my hole stereo system. big things in store and new big things coming in the mail soon! cannot wait!!! as soon as i can get my daily back i can do some real work on this.

16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

17. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

Terd you could actually drive over and see it now, you do have a truck again remember?!

18. freakin sweet man!!

19. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

thanks Kenny, going to pick up some parts today and waiting on more parts to come in. Gonna turn some wrenches on it also

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Cookie,

Great car ! Of the '54-'56 Caddy run I've always preferred the '56 with its "Jet Tube" rear quarters that flow into the rear bumper/exhaust...pure 50's "Harley Earl/G.M. Rocketry" !!

BTW: Was the A.C. unit still on this one ?? When I was a kid, one of our friends had one of the early G.M. trunk mounted units...he showed it to me one day when they were visiting us, and I never forgot how cool it looked back there !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

21. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

yeah i love them all but prefer the 56. yes the factory was still in the trunk it is not gone and there is a new trunk look coming soon!

22. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

My wife works at Rowan Regional in Salisbury. She came home the other day and said "check out this sweet ride I saw in the parking deck". She had a pic of your caddy on her phone.

23. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

hahaha, yeah i drive it quite a bit and it has been my daily for about the past 8 weeks since the weather finally cooled down.

this winter it is getting torn down for fresh sound deading through out and a fresh new hidden stereo and new trunk build

pics and such coming soon!@

24. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Love it. Looks like an awesome survivor. I really want a 58 or 59. Here's a family member's pink 57 project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

57's are a great oddball! i dig it